Share your meaningful songs?

Traxstaromega

Post#21 » 08 Oct 2016 04:30

Honestly, one of my absolute FAVORITE songs would have to be "Endless Possibilities". I know, its a theme for sonic unleashed, but whenever I hear it it just reminds me of so many great joyful memories from playing the game with my friend. It always makes me smile. :)

Yoonie

Post#22 » 08 Oct 2016 05:57

roterx2

Post#23 » 13 Oct 2016 01:32

Traxstaromega wrote:Honestly, one of my absolute FAVORITE songs would have to be "Endless Possibilities". I know, its a theme for sonic unleashed, but whenever I hear it it just reminds me of so many great joyful memories from playing the game with my friend. It always makes me smile. :)

I had the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed which didn't have this song in it.

Personally, I find video game OSTs give me a much stronger emotional response than most other music. Each piece of music has its own meaning within the game and I have the corresponding memory of that music and that game at the same time in my head.

Traxstaromega

Post#24 » 13 Oct 2016 18:28

roterx2 wrote:
Traxstaromega wrote:Honestly, one of my absolute FAVORITE songs would have to be "Endless Possibilities". I know, its a theme for sonic unleashed, but whenever I hear it it just reminds me of so many great joyful memories from playing the game with my friend. It always makes me smile. :)

I had the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed which didn't have this song in it.

Personally, I find video game OSTs give me a much stronger emotional response than most other music. Each piece of music has its own meaning within the game and I have the corresponding memory of that music and that game at the same time in my head.

I know Right? Funny how that works... Video Game OST's are always quite unique:D I played the X-Box version at my friends, but when I bought the game I got the wii version. Its no where near as good as the other one in my opinion.

redghostboy

Post#25 » 15 Oct 2016 12:34

This has been one of my favorites for a while. This was the first song I heard while I was in Canada, so it brings back memories of my visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt51rITH3EA
"One thing led to another, Jarod threw some butter, and now we're in a hot tub eating oatmeal that tastes like a sweaty armpit."
-Me

HunterOfEvil

Post#26 » 18 Oct 2016 21:03

Cant remember if I already shared this, buts its so inspirational I have to share it again.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

Glflegolas

Post#27 » 03 Nov 2016 23:01

How about some music by Great Big Sea?
Glflegolas

Glflegolas

Post#28 » 18 Dec 2016 20:57

Here's another great song that I found. It's by Epic Score. One of the comments in another version of this song (which I don't like quite as much) is especially meaningful and is a powerful message:

To take the great leap forward, you must first take two steps back.

But some times... you just need the will to jump...
Glflegolas

jbegaurand

Post#29 » 21 Dec 2016 01:49

The Sound of Silence is already a great song, but what makes it meaningful to me is listening to it on x2 speed.

This song is god-like is listened to at x2 speed.

Seriously, do it.

You can thank me later.

Glflegolas

Post#30 » 24 Dec 2016 17:25

This is the best cover I've yet heard of this, my favourite song. If you don't know already, it's the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Glflegolas

Return to “The Hangout”