Favorite Albums?

boogaert

Favorite Albums?

Post#1 » 13 Aug 2016 02:03

Hey guys, I'm curious what everyone's favorite albums are.

Mine are probably good kid M.A.A.D. city by Kendrick Lamar or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West.
Minecraft IGN: boogaert - Punchwood.com Veteran - I mostly play MineZ

roterx2

Favorite Albums?

Post#2 » 13 Aug 2016 14:10

Either My Head is an Animal or Beneath the Skin, both by Of Monsters and Men. 3rd would probably be X by Ed Sheeran. (I'm not counting TV, film or game soundtracks in this.)

Obiwanabi

Favorite Albums?

Post#3 » 14 Aug 2016 05:42

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

redghostboy

Favorite Albums?

Post#4 » 15 Aug 2016 22:06

Oh, boy, I have a lot.

Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd

Obscured By Clouds - Pink Floyd

The Division Bell - Pink Floyd

Commit This To Memory - Motion City Soundtrack

Kindred - Passion Pit

Gossamer - Passion Pit

All of Led Zeppelin's albums

Disraeli Gears - Cream

The list goes on and on.
"One thing led to another, Jarod threw some butter, and now we're in a hot tub eating oatmeal that tastes like a sweaty armpit."
-Me

effdeekaa

Favorite Albums?

Post#5 » 15 Aug 2016 22:40

Yeah, lots and lots of...

But if I can only take one to that desert island, it'll be Brian Eno's "Ambient #4 - On Land".

redghostboy wrote:Obscured By Clouds - Pink Floyd

Wow! I think it's awsome, but most people I've met seem to think it's meh (if they even know it at all). TBH I love all PF before The Final Cut, and my RL nickname been Floyd for more than a decade. :)
"...the most beautiful skies as a matter of fact, the sunsets were purple and red and yellow and on fire..."

redghostboy

Favorite Albums?

Post#6 » 16 Aug 2016 00:51

effdeekaa wrote:
Wow! I think it's awsome, but most people I've met seem to think it's meh (if they even know it at all). TBH I love all PF before The Final Cut, and my RL nickname been Floyd for more than a decade. :)

I was going to try and send you a picture of my Pink Floyd blanket, but the file's too large. Oh well, point is, I've got a Pink Floyd Blanket.

But while I'm here, I might as well name another. Fading West by Switchfoot is one of my favorites.
"One thing led to another, Jarod threw some butter, and now we're in a hot tub eating oatmeal that tastes like a sweaty armpit."
-Me

MuttJunior

Favorite Albums?

Post#7 » 23 Aug 2016 10:24

redghostboy wrote:Oh, boy, I have a lot.

Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd

Obscured By Clouds - Pink Floyd

The Division Bell - Pink Floyd

<snip>

I have to go with Pink Floyd also, except my favorite is "Wish You Were Here".

Interesting story about the album - While they were recording the song "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" (a tribute to Syd Barrett, one of the founding members of Pink Floyd, who had to leave the band because of his drug use), Syd Barrett wandered into the studio, and no one initially recognized him. He has shaved his head and gained considerable weight. After a bit of emotional reunion, he just left without saying goodbye to anyone, and none of the band saw him again until his death in 2006.

Roger Waters later had this to say about Barrett: "Of course he was important and the band would never have started without him because he was writing all the material. It couldn't have happened without him but on the other hand it couldn't have gone on with him."

effdeekaa wrote:Wow! I think it's awsome, but most people I've met seem to think it's meh (if they even know it at all). TBH I love all PF before The Final Cut, and my RL nickname been Floyd for more than a decade. :)

I really like that album also ("Obscured by Clouds"). It's in my top 5 of Pink Floyd albums. It was after "The Wall" that I started losing interest in them. "The Final Cut" was still good, but not as good as other albums they had released. And then Waters left, and to me, that was the end.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Favorite Albums?

Post#8 » 25 Aug 2016 10:29

Hello World from BACK-ON is presently a favorite of mine. The songs Hero and Beginning are amazing, especially when translated.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

redghostboy

Favorite Albums?

Post#9 » 27 Aug 2016 00:55

MuttJunior wrote:
I really like that album also ("Obscured by Clouds"). It's in my top 5 of Pink Floyd albums. It was after "The Wall" that I started losing interest in them. "The Final Cut" was still good, but not as good as other albums they had released. And then Waters left, and to me, that was the end.

I feel like the only one who didn't particularly enjoy "The Wall" as an album. In a weird way, I felt like the individual songs were better than the album as a whole.
-Me

roterx2

Favorite Albums?

Post#10 » 30 Aug 2016 11:35

I also forgot to mention all of Paramore's albums, up to the latest one (entitled 'Paramore' funnily enough) which I didn't like.