Laptop issue

Shourin

Laptop issue

Post#1 » 20 Sep 2016 19:14

I have a laptop that will not fully power on. And would like to know what may be the problem. I have spent a while trying to find out why. I have tried everything I found online from the discharge method / changing out the ram removing battery / anything plugged in to usb ports and nothing works.

I have came to the conclusion that the video processor has failed. But would like a second opinion.

Problem!
The problem started when I was watching a video on youtube when the screen went black. But was still getting sound from the video.

When I try to turn the laptop on the following happens.

Powers on!
Key board lights flash like normal
Dvd drive
Battery charge light
Able to get power via usb ports.

Does not power on!
HDD "Can be connected to another pc and can retrieve files"
internal cooling fans.
monitor back light.

Laptop info.
Sony VAIO Model PCG-71511L
Specs can be fount here if needed.
https://docs.sony.com/release//specs/VP ... I_mksp.pdf

Icerex

Laptop issue

Post#2 » 20 Sep 2016 21:33

Can you post a picture of your computer screen when you try and power on? Are you getting any error messages? Does it go into the BIOS or does it just crash on loading windows.
Aut Vincere Aut Mori

Shourin

Laptop issue

Post#3 » 23 Sep 2016 00:08

The screen does not power on. I have tried connecting to external monitor from my desktop and still get nothing show up.

Icerex

Laptop issue

Post#4 » 23 Sep 2016 01:48

Shourin wrote:The screen does not power on. I have tried connecting to external monitor from my desktop and still get nothing show up.

So absolutely nothing shows up? Not even a black screen? If that's the case, then either your screen is busted or the cable connecting it to your motherboard is shorted out or broken.
Aut Vincere Aut Mori

noghiri
Site Admin

Laptop issue

Post#5 » 25 Sep 2016 23:00

Moved to the correct space.
hairplanes

Return to “The Hangout”