Actual Story Creation Poll....

Poll: Do you want a completely new world or use something that already exists?

Poll ended at 13 Oct 2016 03:30

I want to start from scratch (Something completely new).
58%
I don't care.
25%
I want to build upon something that already exists (like Devon's Oracle game).
17%
Total votes: 12

Obiwanabi

Post#1 » 06 Oct 2016 03:30

Don't look at the discussion thread if you don't want to see my pathetic attempt at making a poll....

Anyways, so this is here for http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=185&start=20 if you want to know what's going on, just read page three and it starts midway down somewhere, it's about making books/worlds things with a group of people, it's easier to understand there. Anyways, answer the poll and we can decide how we want to this, and we also need a name....

Also, the poll is up for a week, once the time is up we'll pick the option with the most people supporting it. If you choose "I don't care" it doesn't really do anything, the vote is kind of just there, but it helps to show how many people are interested in this idea.
I'm with stupider
I
V

Invictus Maneo

Post#2 » 06 Oct 2016 12:58

What genre? My fantasy loophole is having unexplained magic to merge places or dimensions via portals and a similar psyhic power in my sci-fi stuff. Fool proof if people ever do collaboration with me.
Bresn. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worldbuilder- Arcturus & Astraeus; the twin realms, The Shocktheur Rebellion; rise of the titans.

Obiwanabi

Post#3 » 07 Oct 2016 02:28

I personally like the idea of Fantasy but at any given time in the world's history. Say if, Tolkien made Hobbits and Elves and Dwarves go to space, but I might need a poll for that too... But you could also make detective stories just as long as it fit in with the events behind it in the world. You can also make the story anywhere in the world. It would be a round planet(probably) after all.
I'm with stupider
I
V

NitroMiyaz

Post#4 » 08 Oct 2016 00:51

Or you can do it like my world, where it has a mix of everything.

I only have like 1/30th of the world created so far, but it basically is a fantasy landscape that is separated into medieval and sci-fi. Some people have discovered highly advanced technology, while others stuck with magic. Some decided to combine both. If we're making a world for us roleplayers, something like this would be perfect.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A