Apple and Microsoft Product anouncements

laixlegoman

Post#1 » 29 Oct 2016 21:24

Kind of surprised that no one is talking about this. Posted two videos on both events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jurc3SxztGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bVZjtt8WTc

will post my thoughts soon.
(self proclaimed) master of causing unexpected circumstances.

laixlegoman

Apple and Microsoft Product anonsments

Post#2 » 29 Oct 2016 23:48

You guys are kind of makeing it hard for me to start a discussion :( .
(self proclaimed) master of causing unexpected circumstances.

jbegaurand

Post#3 » 30 Oct 2016 00:34

Personally, I think the Microsoft Surface Studio is pretty cool. Who doesn't want 32 gigs of ram and a 2tb hard drive? However, its price point is way too much for me and a lot of people. I think after its second of third generation the Surface Studio will go down in price to a point where I might even consider getting it, but for now I will have to pass.

And as for the new Macbook Pro, I like the idea of having the touchpad on part of the keyboard, but I would have greatly preferred a touchscreen on the actual screen. If Apple wanted to hit it out of the park, they should have released a touchscreen Macbook Pro instead of putting on an extra screen that will most likely eat your battery.

roterx2

Post#4 » 31 Oct 2016 00:51

laixlegoman wrote:You guys are kind of makeing it hard for me to start a discussion :( .

Well I personally have no interest in either product, and as a lot of us here are major PC users I wouldn't imagine many others do either. Maybe some of our resident artists might have a use for them, that's a thing they like to push heavily.

noghiri
Site Admin

Post#5 » 01 Nov 2016 18:39

Post title edited.

Jbeg, that's because the target market isn't you, it's art professionals who are used to dropping 3000 on a desktop and another 2500 on a Cintiq.
hairplanes

Private Rico

Post#6 » 04 Nov 2016 15:07

The surface Studio looks pretty legit, but unfortunately I don't have the money for it (plus I'm not an artist, so I could barely scratch the surface of what it can do).

The new MacBook pro is just dumb. Replacing all of the ports with USB type-C is silly because you'll need adapters for EVERYTHING, and the hardware inside the machine isn't that impressive. While the touchbar is pretty cool, it will probably go unused by most programs because they will have hotkeys on the keyboard.