Dreams

smartdevon

Dreams

Post#1 » 01 Dec 2016 22:35

Welcome to the Dreamscape!
Sorry couldn't pass up the opportunity to quote Lash. Rest in Peace Lash.

This thread is one I made to discuss strange or interesting dreams that we've had. I have a lot of intricate dreams myself. I'm kind of a rare case when it comes to dreaming. My dreams have form and rhythm and a plot. Sometimes when I wake up i feel like I've just read a bestselling book.

Just post dreams you want to share down below. I'll share with you one I had last night right now.

[+] Dream
The dream started with me exploring the woods. There were two people with me. Some brown haired girl who I think was named Nora. As well as some nameless guy. I really don't remember a single feature about him. I guess he was more of a sidekick character or something. We were in the woods with flashlights doing... something. I don't quite remember what it was but we had a purpose for being in the woods, we had some kind of job to do. While we were there we happened upon a large wooden building. It was a massive mansion with all kinds of windows and balconies. In the front of the gargantuan building was a grand staircase that led up to two large double doors. We entered the mansion to explore it. The building was full of twisted hallways and rooms that made no sense. You could open one door and look into a dining room, than close the same door and re-open it to find a bedroom. The halls and rooms kept changing all the time like a twisted, inescapable labyrinth. While exploring we were met with a number of specters flying around the halls, moving the furniture around, playing the piano, none of the spirits seemed to have any malicious intent. They seemed more like mischievous children. As we wandered this maze of a mansion together we were eventually greeted by a certain spirit. She was different than the others, where the other spirits had no real defining features, some not even recognizable as human, just whips of mist flying around aimlessly, this spirit had a face, she was intelligent, she was recognizable. The ghost introduced herself as Beatrice, the guardian of the mansion who protected it from evil forces, as well as kept the smaller, mischievous phantoms that we'd met so far at bay. Beatrice told us that the manor currently had no master, and as a reward for discovering the building, named us, (Being me, Nora, and the nameless male sidekick) masters of the mansion. We thanked Beatrice for the honor.

There's a bit of a time-skip in this part of the dream. Me and the other two characters completed whatever mission we had set out to do, and after an indefinite amount of time I returned to the Mansion with guests to allow them to stay a few days.

When I returned to the manor with my guests I entered the building. It was quite at first. As I began to get everyone situated in the strange corridors it proved very frustrating as nothing I was looking for had been where I'd left it. Those darn prankster ghosts. After an hour of searching for bedrooms, bed sheets and air mattresses to accommodate my guests I decided to call on Beatrice for help. In addition to keeping the Manor safe Beatrice was also a kind of servant in the manor, like a butler or something. With my guests standing with me (Whom I still hadn't informed that the mansion was haunted, though they had heard rumors that it was) I called for Beatrice. "Beatrice?" I yelled, nothing happened. Everyone was clearly confused.
"Beatrice?"
"What's he doing?"
"Who's Beatrice?" I tried again.
"Beatrice?" Still nothing. I wandered into a guest room and called again. "Beatrice?" Finally something happened. People gasped behind me as the closet door flew open and a girl with a brown pony tail, tank top, and Capri's walked out of the closet. (Come to think of it she kinda looked like my mom at the time.) I smiled. Beatrice was pulling a trick and I'd caught onto it. "Everyone, this is Beatrice." I introduced. I walked up to her and took one of her hands in mine, placing my other hand on her shoulder. "I have an idea to freak these people out. Play some music and dance with me a second." I whispered. Beatrice winked, clearly liking my plan. Out of nowhere music bean playing and me and Beatrice started slow dancing, everyone whispered behind me, confused. "Alright, now change clothes, go for an eighteen hundreds look." I suggested in a whisper. Making sure everyone was watching I spun Beatrice around. As she spun her tank-top and Capri's morphed into a black 1800's style dress. Everyone freaked out for a moment and some people were clapping like it was some sort of magic show. Beatrice changed her appearance a few more times during our dance. Sometimes just changing clothes sometimes changing her whole face. as the song came to an end I threw Beatrice into the air who spun around in mid air and danced around my guests. Who were again, terrified and amazed. As the song came to a close both me and Beatrice were on the ground laughing. (Well I was on the ground, Beatrice was rolling around in mid air) I stood up and announced to my friends. "You may have heard rumors that this place is haunted." I said. "and it is, by Beatrice here. She's the guardian spirit of the mansion who protects it from evil forces and takes care of all the mischievous little ghosts who live around here." Beatrice greeted everyone and helped them find proper accommodations. I tried to change the password to summon Beatrice to the Konami Code. Because apparently there was some kind of magic word to make Beatrice instantly appear. When Beatrice came back to me she whispered in a low tone.
"Have you seen the others?" For a moment I was confused but then remembered my partners. Nora and that nameless sidekick. "I never saw the guy after that day. Me and Nora stayed in touch for a while but in a couple months we lost contact."
"They haven't come back." Beatrice told me. "They're in trouble." Don't ask me how she knew this, it was a dream, and one that I'm sure would've gotten a whole lot more exciting if it hadn't ended there.

Don't feel obliged to write that much about your dreams. I'd be surprised if you could.
Last edited by smartdevon on 09 Dec 2016 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

redghostboy

Dreams

Post#2 » 02 Dec 2016 21:45

I once had a dream that one of my friends fed me green Legos because it was St. Patrick's Day. That was interesting.
"One thing led to another, Jarod threw some butter, and now we're in a hot tub eating oatmeal that tastes like a sweaty armpit."
-Me

smartdevon

Dreams

Post#3 » 02 Dec 2016 22:09

How did they taste?
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Glflegolas

Dreams

Post#4 » 02 Dec 2016 23:42

Here's one that I had about a couple months ago that I think you'll find somewhat interesting:

[+] Show
This started out as a swim across [N/A] in order to raise money for the Chito-Ryu Soke Cup. The swim itself was approximately 1.5 kilometers in distance. When I got back out of the water, I climbed up a dockside ladder. Nearing the top of the ladder (by which point my regular clothes, which I'd been wearing throughout the swim, were totally dry), I jumped up and moved my hands for some reason. At that point, I found that I was able to jump significantly higher than usual. I decided to try again and see if I could jump higher by moving my arms, and as it turned out this was indeed the case.

Of course, the most logical step in this case would be to see whether I could gain any more altitude, and/or some distance. So, I jumped and started to flap mid-air along the dock. It worked! I started to gain more speed and altitude, and flew nearly 10m ahead and one meter into the air before landing again. Next step was to try a quick roundtrip. So I jumped off the dock and flew a quick circuit before landing back on the dock.

This practice improved my skill to the point where I felt confident enough to try flying across the same body of water I had swum across just half an hour (or so) earlier. I jumped off the dock, and started flying across to the other side. This worked perfectly, and I flew nearly 10m into the air.

At this point I was thinking "Great! Now I really have a way to fund-raise! No more sitting on the bus to get to campus for me -- heck, I can avoid the traffic altogether and fly right over it!" I started walking up a street, but then I was rudely interrupted by a policeman, who said "Stop right now! You're under arrest!" When I asked why, he said "You swum across a body of water and were a hazard to public shipping, you're flying an aircraft without filing a flight plan, you're flying an unregistered aircraft, you are flying an aircraft without a pilot's license, and you are colourblind, so you cannot fly legally under any circumstances." "Alright," I said, "you can take me to court for this, but you'll have to catch me first!" And I quickly took off and flew up onto the roof of a skyscraper.

I stayed up there for a few minutes without doing anything. Then I thought "hey, I should go to university and show everybody within the department my newly acquired skill! They'll be amazed." However, while flying that way, I saw a serious problem was emerging. The cops were not all happy with my evasion by flight, and the streets were full of police cars with their sirens on. Traffic stops had been set up everywhere, and one policeman took his pistol and started shooting. Luckily he missed. "Alright, change of plans then. I'll fly far out over the ocean and make a long curving flight. That way I won't be found." I did just that, and flew higher and higher, well over 2000 m above the ground in a long arc, heading straight out to sea, then very slowly recurving back and hitting land.

When I landed, it was on a bare hilltop in the wilderness. A woman walked up to me and said "Hello, you're the flying man they're talking about, eh?" "Yes, I am" I replied. "I saw you land. That was cool. I wish I could do that. It seems like you can't do anything interesting anymore without it being illegal." "Sadly so," I said.

And that's the end.
Glflegolas

smartdevon

Dreams

Post#5 » 03 Dec 2016 01:31

So you could fly but had to flap your arms like wings? Hey flying is flying

laixlegoman

Dreams

Post#6 » 03 Dec 2016 01:35

one of my more recent dreems involved me and a bunch of kids younger than me visiting what was apparently DanTDM's house. it felt like that it was real for a moment and that was it.
(self proclaimed) master of causing unexpected circumstances.

redghostboy

Dreams

Post#7 » 03 Dec 2016 20:25

Glflegolas wrote:Here's one that I had about a couple months ago that I think you'll find somewhat interesting:

[+] Show
This started out as a swim across [N/A] in order to raise money for the Chito-Ryu Soke Cup. The swim itself was approximately 1.5 kilometers in distance. When I got back out of the water, I climbed up a dockside ladder. Nearing the top of the ladder (by which point my regular clothes, which I'd been wearing throughout the swim, were totally dry), I jumped up and moved my hands for some reason. At that point, I found that I was able to jump significantly higher than usual. I decided to try again and see if I could jump higher by moving my arms, and as it turned out this was indeed the case.

Of course, the most logical step in this case would be to see whether I could gain any more altitude, and/or some distance. So, I jumped and started to flap mid-air along the dock. It worked! I started to gain more speed and altitude, and flew nearly 10m ahead and one meter into the air before landing again. Next step was to try a quick roundtrip. So I jumped off the dock and flew a quick circuit before landing back on the dock.

This practice improved my skill to the point where I felt confident enough to try flying across the same body of water I had swum across just half an hour (or so) earlier. I jumped off the dock, and started flying across to the other side. This worked perfectly, and I flew nearly 10m into the air.

At this point I was thinking "Great! Now I really have a way to fund-raise! No more sitting on the bus to get to campus for me -- heck, I can avoid the traffic altogether and fly right over it!" I started walking up a street, but then I was rudely interrupted by a policeman, who said "Stop right now! You're under arrest!" When I asked why, he said "You swum across a body of water and were a hazard to public shipping, you're flying an aircraft without filing a flight plan, you're flying an unregistered aircraft, you are flying an aircraft without a pilot's license, and you are colourblind, so you cannot fly legally under any circumstances." "Alright," I said, "you can take me to court for this, but you'll have to catch me first!" And I quickly took off and flew up onto the roof of a skyscraper.

I stayed up there for a few minutes without doing anything. Then I thought "hey, I should go to university and show everybody within the department my newly acquired skill! They'll be amazed." However, while flying that way, I saw a serious problem was emerging. The cops were not all happy with my evasion by flight, and the streets were full of police cars with their sirens on. Traffic stops had been set up everywhere, and one policeman took his pistol and started shooting. Luckily he missed. "Alright, change of plans then. I'll fly far out over the ocean and make a long curving flight. That way I won't be found." I did just that, and flew higher and higher, well over 2000 m above the ground in a long arc, heading straight out to sea, then very slowly recurving back and hitting land.

When I landed, it was on a bare hilltop in the wilderness. A woman walked up to me and said "Hello, you're the flying man they're talking about, eh?" "Yes, I am" I replied. "I saw you land. That was cool. I wish I could do that. It seems like you can't do anything interesting anymore without it being illegal." "Sadly so," I said.

And that's the end.

I've actually had similar dreams several times before. Instead of having to flap my arms, I have to keep them really stiff.
"One thing led to another, Jarod threw some butter, and now we're in a hot tub eating oatmeal that tastes like a sweaty armpit."
-Me

smartdevon

Dreams

Post#8 » 09 Dec 2016 22:04

http://dreammoods.com/dreamforum/viewto ... 2&t=150421

Some people interpreted my dream from above. I dunno how legit it is but its pretty cool.

HunterOfEvil

Dreams

Post#9 » 01 Jan 2017 16:55

I think this is the most vivid dream I've ever had.

[+] Dream
The dream took place in this really pretty mountainous area. It keeps making me think of China, with the dark grey rocks with white edges, and bright green moss and soft grass everywhere and really tall bamboo shoots. there were three main areas, with soft ditches in the floor with big piles of colorful water balloons on either side. There were two areas where we had the game, and another area off to the side where there was a big barbeque and a giant wooden bar/table with chairs for food later.
There were a few adults wandering around, and a whole lot of kids, all of us in wet suits or rash-guards and board shorts. I was in my long-sleeved, pink and black Roxy rash-guard that I actually own in real life, and matching swim shorts that I don't own. No idea what was on my feet though, I don't remember what anyone was wearing on their feet.
We were having this huge water balloon fight, and it was really loud and there was chaos - a good, happy chaos, but still really crazy. I suddenly had a really good arm for throwing, cuz IRL I suck at aiming but in my dream I was really good.

Keep in mind that every single person there is a stranger. I've never met them IRL or in my dream.

So, after a while of this water balloon fight, I'm hearing this quiet narration in the back of my head. Its a boy's voice, and he's pulling a Sherlock Holmes and basically reading people's faces and anticipating what their next move is going to be and what their thinking, and I get the sense that he's using that intuition to counter their throws and get better hits with balloons on his targets. I don't see him, but I know he's around. I go down into the main ditch in the main area, between the food place and the other water balloon area, and I kneel beside one of the water balloon piles, gather some in my hands, and time seems to start slowing down a bit. I smash one into a pudgy kid's face right next to me, and we're both laughing, and he backs off. I grab another balloon so I have one in each hand; time is crawling now and I'm moving in slow motion, while everyone else around me is speeding up to a blur, like in movies. I look up, ready to throw, and suddenly at the other end of the ditch, at the other pile, is this boy.
The narration in my head gets quieter and more mumbly - I still hear it, but its faint and I can't make out any words, but I know its the same voice. At some point I make the connection its the boy's, because we're both crouched in similar positions and we're staring each other down. I catch some words, pronouns like "she" and says something like "she expects me to throw at her, she's following the balloons in my hand. When I throw, she's going to use one in her hand to break my balloon in mid air and use the other to hit me. So if I throw a balloon off to the side, she'll follow it with her eyes..."
The boy tosses the balloon in his left hand off to the side (we were crouched and squaring each other off, with my right hand behind me, and his right hand behind himself), and I follow it with my eyes without really realizing what I was doing. I tense and anticipate an incoming balloon, and I can tell he already expected me to do that, but I don't counter, and he doesn't throw another one. Eventually, we come to the conclusion to make a truce, so we slowly set out balloons down and approach each other in the middle, and afterwards no one really pays us much attention.
He's just a tad bit shorter than me, with super short and spiky, pale orangy-bleach-blonde hair. his nose is like mine, but the top curve is more indented, and the end of his nose is just a tiny bit bigger than mine. He has a squareish head, with a narrower but filled out face, but he's not chubby. the only bit I can't quite remember are his eyes, but I think they were smaller eyes, and I feel like they were blue.
He's skinny, but still has some healthy weight on him. he's wearing a rashguard similar to mine, but instead of black and pink, it's black and dark grey, with no Roxy sign (might have been a different sports logo but it was hard to tell). he was also wearing shorts like mine, but again with black and dark grey. no idea what was on his feet. he also had one of those thin chains around his neck that some guys wear, and I could only see bits of it cuz it was under his shirt. He had a nice smile too, I think. I don't quite remember. I think he a small mouth too.
he was super intuitive. again, like Sherlock Holmes, but he could read faces and emotions of people, rather than his surroundings. He could instantly tell what people were thinking just by looking at their face. he acted kinda like a bad boy, but at the same time, he didn't do anything bad. he was VERY flirtatious, but he was still very sweet, with a bit of sass in his tone to match that bad boy attitude. I think he was a good conversationalist, but I don't remember anything we talked about specifically, only that we talked for quite a while. he was super curious too, and got interested and invested in stuff very easily. he had very good common sense too, I think.

There were a couple of short scenes after the first meeting, with a blur inbetween.

The first scene skipped to lunch time, and everyone went into that food place I mentioned. I sat down at the table, towards the far end, and the boy went to get some really good burgers that the adults had made. Seriously, those were some good burgers. he sat right across from me, and the table was really narrow so he was like right there. like, school lunch table narrow, but made out of thick wood with a nice finish and fancy carvings.
so everyone ate.
then I think right after that, everyone was in the inbetween of the two main balloon fight areas, and the adults were saying how these five kids (orange-blonde haired boy included) were the dominating and always beat the adults, so the each of the five boys could grab another team member and make a team of ten to verse the adults or something. the boy immediately turns around to me with a big grin on his face, and he bounds up to be all playfully with his arms out like he's gonna catch me, and then he puts his arm around me and he's like, "hey sweetheart, or should I call you 'Beautiful'?" I just shrug and play along.
After that, he shows me this secret third water balloon area in a cave in the wall between the two main balloon areas, and its like in the movies where the camera zooms in over their shoulders as the boy pulls away the vines and all you see is this beautiful thing. that's what it was like.
At first it was just us in the new cave, and then the other kids follow us in and bring the fight with them and we're like "Whatevs lets do dis" so we jump in the fray.

And then I woke up.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

SlayerOfNight

Dreams

Post#10 » 01 Jan 2017 19:09

Interesting/vivid dream I had a year or so ago that I wrote down.
[+] Dream
I have a camp set up in the forest, where all of my weapons are. I travel, finding myself at a town-ish camp. It's the governor's camp, crap! I stay, very alert for a bit, but he puts a collar on Grimm, my panther. I try to fight him, so he tries to capture me. I run around, him chasing me in his jeep. I whistle, shouting "Grimm!" Until, finally, Grimm comes. I unstrap the collar, jump on him, and say "hyper-speed." We take off, then somehow it flashes forward and I'm back in the camp. All I have is my dagger. I want so badly to go back to my camp, but someone would follow me, find my camp. That wouldn't be good. So I stick around, alert and tense all the time. One time, 3 walkers try to kill me at once, and the people around just watched. Then, when The governor is trying to find and hurt me. I am running, scared, and mad. Then, I come out, my knife in my hand, but surrendering. I still love the feeling I get when I surrender. He takes me in his golf cart of sorts to the edge of the forest, so I think he's taking me home. But then, he tries to hurt me. I'm running, and whistling again. The sun turns the color of sunset, and a falcon swoops in, but when it lands on my arm, a pop up in the air appears, telling me I failed, and have been injured. I yelp in pain as Ter, my falcon, flies off. I go back to the camp, seeking a bandage. In order to reach the doctor's room, I must walk on a balance beam, and at one point crawl on my back. I nearly make it, so she comes out and bandages my arm. Then, I go to the edge of the forest, and start jumping from tree to tree, following Ter. I end up at a strange zoo with 3 animals. We find Blue's owners from the movie Rio. We buy better food for Ter, even though he hunts… Then, Suddenly, I’m in another dream.

We're driving to grandma's, but there are beaches everywhere, not like in real life. Dad buys me a new blanket even though i just got the same one. When we get to the beach beach, Ginnie and Raymond (my cousins) are there too. Then, we're home. Ginnie, mom, and I have to drive back. We get lots of mini marshmallows, and mom wraps it. It's Christmas time. I read something that says ass.

The Governor
Name: Philip
Race: caucasian

And another, more recent one.
[+] Dream 2
So I was on this camping trip with a friend and it was pretty normal except we had like talking blankets or something and a few other weird things happened that I don't remember. Then he and I got lost. So we were wandering and once he and I went in a store and like stole something or did something bad and we ran out but then we got teleported to this place. We knew that this could happen to travelers and they could get lost forever. At some point I got out and I think thats when he disappeared from my dream and I found myself w/a different group but since it was a dream it seemed normal. I only remember one person from my group and that was daryl. We were pretty good friends. I remember he was one of the few in our group who had shoes and decent clothes (like the exact opposite of his character). We eventually found this place (after i had been teleported to that paradise heaven like place and found my way back) and we were trying to find things and my eyesight went really blurry for some reason. Then we were all at the bathrooms and they had weird bathrooms like ones for elephants and dogs and everyone used whichever ones they wanted and the guys' bathroom had poison ivy juice all over the floor... then i was with two ppl from my group and we got teleported but bc of one of the 3 of us was super powerful or something it took longer so we talked and said to call each other even if it meant using money to be able to get service. I had also talked once to daryl and group that whenever i got back to my house they'd owe me soooo many holidays but then i was like wait no i like it here so that in itself is a gift bc i get to be with you guys out here and not with them.
​Be fantastic, Kill walkers, Tame creatures, Allon-sy!
Driver picks the music shotgun shuts his cakehole
What kind of house doesn't have salt? Low sodium freaks. I found a liquor store and I drank it. Am I The only one zen around here? INTJ-T. Slytherin.