Witchcraft

HunterOfEvil

Witchcraft

Post#11 » 13 Feb 2017 00:53

I cant tell if you're playing along to the thread's mini rp, or if you're being serious.
IRL I have heard of witches and stuff. There was a celebrity Hollywood witch I researched for a bit. I didn't know they had channels on YouTube about it.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

smartdevon

Witchcraft

Post#12 » 13 Feb 2017 01:03

Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Probored

Witchcraft

Post#13 » 14 Feb 2017 04:34

noghiri wrote:
HunterOfEvil wrote:You guys are so selfish with your powers. :P

Gangs are only a minor problem over here that the police have well in hand. I wouldn't use powers to cheat on schoolwork, and powers wouldn't make my job easier (I work in technomancery, not witchcraft). So, snacks.

I thought that coding was already witchcraft since everything always magically finds a way to mess up

smartdevon

Witchcraft

Post#14 » 14 Feb 2017 18:46

When you think about it, what's the difference between science and witchcraft. I did a lab in chemistry where we put a copper chunk in a liquid silver solution, and the copper turned into silver. When the teacher asked what this was called I answered "Alchemy". Because that's exactly what it was... right?
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Obiwanabi

Witchcraft

Post#15 » 15 Feb 2017 04:46

smartdevon wrote:When you think about it, what's the difference between science and witchcraft. I did a lab in chemistry where we put a copper chunk in a liquid silver solution, and the copper turned into silver. When the teacher asked what this was called I answered "Alchemy". Because that's exactly what it was... right?

The difference is one is less likely to get you burnt at the stake than the other ;)
I'm with stupider
I
V

redghostboy

Witchcraft

Post#16 » 03 Mar 2017 18:14

I think I'd use mine for illusions and stealth. Perhaps for practical use too. I could conjure up some snacks when I get hungry and don't want to get up.
"One thing led to another, Jarod threw some butter, and now we're in a hot tub eating oatmeal that tastes like a sweaty armpit."
-Me

noghiri
Site Admin

Witchcraft

Post#17 » 05 Mar 2017 21:45

redghostboy wrote:I think I'd use mine for illusions and stealth. Perhaps for practical use too. I could conjure up some snacks when I get hungry and don't want to get up.

I'm already illusions and stealth.
hairplanes

Probored

Witchcraft

Post#18 » 08 Mar 2017 22:37

Lets look at it this way, magic is an entirely unknown field to us, and probably more dangerous than a hydrogen bomb. If I detonate a nuke by accident, Earth suffers. If I FUBARed the laws of physics, everything that has ever lived or will live suffers.

But lets say I'm stupid enough to mess around with magic and find out I cannot break any laws irreversably. This creates fascinating scenarios where mixing technology and magic makes super inventions like 100% efficient superconductors and the creation of technologies like quantum computers.

I know Im taking the wonder out of a magical world where you can create anything but cmon, its magic. Im a being who can destroy the laws of physics, Im not gonna waste it on making myself unlimited amounts of snacks or random crap.

Now if I had a broom, a pointy hat, weed and a frog to help me out in this scenario, its a completely different story. Id terrorize the shit out of my town.

laixlegoman

Witchcraft

Post#19 » 11 Mar 2017 17:25

I have no experience when it comes to dealing with witchcraft nor do I believe it to be true. Regardless if magic is real or not, I will have nothing to deal with it if it some how comes my way. It would be a bit much for me to deal with.

Also, I would not be able to deal with a magic user without some sort of wepons or plan (if the magic user has ill intentions that is) otherwise, we might be able to talk things out.
(self proclaimed) master of causing unexpected circumstances.

smartdevon

Witchcraft

Post#20 » 15 Mar 2017 03:06

laixlegoman wrote:I have no experience when it comes to dealing with witchcraft nor do I believe it to be true. Regardless if magic is real or not, I will have nothing to deal with it if it some how comes my way. It would be a bit much for me to deal with.

Also, I would not be able to deal with a magic user without some sort of wepons or plan (if the magic user has ill intentions that is) otherwise, we might be able to talk things out.

Intruiging. How much would it take I wonder... for you to beleive in magic? How strong is your disbelief?

Return to “The Hangout”