Geschichte Academy: A New Chapter

FUNYjk27

Post#7901 » 20 Jan 2018 05:36

Unable to figure out what Parkle's wink was supposed to mean Silas tensed up a little bit "A wink is usually a good thing right or maybe it's a teasing thing?" he mumbled to himself as he followed her. He followed Parklea's path on to the roof easily and was slightly taken aback by the view "Sorry to disappoint you but I'm more of a fluffy guy, fuzzy is great and and all but you can't beat fluf. To actually answer your question though, umm... well if I need to know any history to understand your personal stories you should probably start with the history. I really don't know much at all about this place. On the other hand if history isn't that big of a deal then I'd like to hear about you first." he said, clearly pleased that she had dropped the fox questions for now, before purposely swatting her tail with his own, curious as to how she would react.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

Fireally

Post#7902 » 20 Jan 2018 06:05

Parklea Silverwater

My tail flicked upward. "Well, as you can see, this area is mostly sand and dirt. The people of Mesa Verde, the Anasazi, were the first to create magical lenses, by refining the sands around them. It took them time to refine a pair of Occulator's Lenses, but when they did, it opened the door for them to discover different kinds of magical sands and how to combine them to create effects. You haven't gotten to see lenses like these ones, because I forge mine in a.... unique way. Glass can also be used to create crystal-like weaponry too. Very tough stuff that. So long as the sand isn't unpure, it actually contains a lot of potential. Sands get impure by rubbing off their magic essentially. Shores wash it into the sea, people's unbelief in magic is a huge one, but there are many more ways." I sighed "Grandpa knows a lot about it. After all, he's a great occulator. I'm kind of a rogue one if you really think about it."
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

FUNYjk27

Post#7903 » 20 Jan 2018 06:47

Silas listened with a look of intend focus, it looked as though he would be writing detailed notes if he had the materials to do so "I see... you know it's sorta funny I'm not an expert on the topic, so I'm sorry if what I say doesn't make a ton of sense, but I guess my own ancestors had issues with people's belief in magic tending to be inconsistent at best. I have no idea how but they somehow managed to fix that by useing imagination or or innovation or something instead. I mean sure I might not be the sharpest knife in the shed on how something like that works but even mom said she's bewildered by the whole thing and she's the smartest person I know when it comes to that stuff." he commented as he meandered around the roof "Also does your unique way possibly have to do something with useing other people's magic. I'm just guessing because you said you made yours useing things people normally wouldn't think to try. Also sorry if this is a stupid question but why would you be a rogue?" he added curiously.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

Fireally

Post#7904 » 20 Jan 2018 07:36

I tilted my feet from left to right, lending back on my hands "I'm a rogue, because I take from all kinds of magic I can find. Not even a wand maker goes that far. Magical creatures, magical people, whatever, I make an attachment to it and want to know how it works and how it can work with something else." What I left out was how that could become an issue, like with the clones.

WoodGreen

Post#7905 » 20 Jan 2018 13:57

Lo nearly tripped over as her blade sliced through thin air. "Where did...?" She muttered before her earpiece informed her it was outside. She follow the others, noticing Gunther was holding a bottle of something... strange. "I hope that's apple juice in there." She said as she passed him with a grin.
The wraith, now positioned on a lamp post, was out of her reach.
I'm with stupid
I
V

WischMeLuck

Post#7906 » 20 Jan 2018 14:20

Maya landed perfectly from her kick. Too bad it hadn't hit. She followed the others outside to the Wraith sitting on the lamppost. It looked pretty funny just crouching there like some kind of vulture. Unfortunately, Gunter's... attack ruined any reason she might have had to laugh. Instead she shook her head and moved over to Alex. "Do you think my pistol will work against the wraith? No point in wasting magic energy if it won't." Maya asked.
Last edited by WischMeLuck on 20 Jan 2018 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

smartdevon

Post#7907 » 20 Jan 2018 16:17

Eloy
Id formulated a plan. If I could have a nice drink of blood Id have enough power to fight head on. Wraiths dont bleed but people do, and I knew a person who was immune to vampirism. Gunter, as.... creative as his attack was, would probably fail, but he could help me.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

FUNYjk27

Post#7908 » 20 Jan 2018 19:39

Before he could respond Silas surprised himself with an unexpected sneeze as a breeze blew some dust his way. "Sorry about that..." he mumbled as he made his way back towards Parklea, feeling he had now explored enough of the roof "Anyways my opinion might not mean much but I still don't think you're that much of a rogue. Unconventional and walking a fine line, maybe, but some of the greatest minds in history were that way too and we don't think of them as rouges today." he said reassuringly as he sat beside her.

Fireally

Post#7909 » 20 Jan 2018 20:43

Parklea Silverwater

"Mixing magic is pretty dangerous and most people don't like finding out I'm duplicating their abilities. Thankfully grandpa conveyed you apparently need to be an Occulator to do what I do, and that is genetic. Even then, if my tactics and research got out, it could easily spark any number of bad things" for all I knew, they had. "Anyway, I didn't bring you up here for a pity party." I said, shaking my head to clear my thoughts, then stretching. "Grandpa told me stories about all this and I slowly discovered what he was and approached him about it right here, not on the roof, but in this house. My study of magic sparked here, childish at first, since it only seemed to exist here, until I went on a family trip" I yawned at the end and my tail wrapped around me. Finally, the thing was too tired to be crazy!

FUNYjk27

Post#7910 » 20 Jan 2018 23:19

Silas decided to not press any further on Parklea's mixing of magic for now since it didn't seem like she would be changing her mind any time soon.

As he excitedly listined to her explain how she learned about magic he couldn't help but excitedly inch a little closer to her clearly entranced. "Wait I have a quick question! So does the rest of your family not know about magic? If so do they still not know or not believe or something?" he asked enthusiastically when she stopped to yawn.