World of Teva - Beta Test!!

NitroMiyaz

Post#1 » 05 Sep 2016 00:01

Welcome traveler. I am [GAIA], the Admin of this world. You appear to have come through the World Gate by unknown means, but unfortunately you cannot return at present. How you got here is of no concern to me, but if you wish to go back the way you came, there is only one option. You must defeat the Demon King. His reemergence has literally shaken the entire world, causing a large spacial distortion throughout the universe. It appears this could be the reason you were able to get here. And, from my calculations, it is still distorting space and time. As a result, while you are able to enter my world, you conversely cannot leave. Until the distortion is cleared, I will be unable to send you back to where you came. And, as you may have noticed, the distortion is being caused by the Demon King.
I am unable to interact with the world directly, which is why I cannot defeat the Demon King myself, but I will allow you three abilities to combat him. Please use your powers how you see fit. You do not have to fight, and can merely live your life in my world if you so wish. But you must realize that his downfall is your only chance to return home. I release you into my world.
Welcome to Teva.

Hello, hello, one and all, and welcome to the World of Teva! As you can see, this is still in the beta testing stage so it is NOT the full version! I repeat, NOT the full version! As of now, only about 1/30th of the world can be explored, while the rest is still unknown and in development (by me). BTW, here's the map:

[+] Le map

This is the Northwestern-most part of Kraytos, a continent in the World of Teva.

Everyone's Character Statistics!!
[+] Link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1---4vV3yKmgNHm4Qh5_S9fQKOpxpjEO3ZUAI3V78DS0/edit?usp=sharing

Some Rambling
As you have just learned, the plot is that everyone has come from another universe or dimension, by some spacial distortion or whatnot, and met with [GAIA], the Admin of Teva. And yes, I said Admin. Pretend this is an RPG world, and it makes sense.
[GAIA] cannot control the world directly, and can only watch from above. Unless the world itself is in danger, he cannot and will not interfere. No, he is not human. He's like a computer.
Moderators are like "gods" of Teva. At least to the people. In reality, think of them as people the Admin appointed to help out with the world. Like employees. They people who live on Teva actually do not know who [GAIA] is, as they've never seen him (except for natural disasters, he controls those) before.
I won't spoil my world any further though. You must discover the rest for yourself! Now, here are the rules.

[+] Le rules
No metagaming: You may know something, but your character may not. Metagaming makes things less interesting, so keep that in mind.

A list of Abilities you cannot use:
1. Mind reading. Read the first rule and you'll understand why.
2. Flying. It's no fun if your exploration becomes easy! If you wanna fly, you can only go as high as tree height.
3. Invincibility. Pretty obvious.
4. Instant kill. Pretty obvious.
5. Immunity. Similar to invincibility, except for status effects. I will allow ONE immunity against ONE status effect, but it will take up ONE of your three abilities for each immunity.
6. I probably missed a few, so I'll decide if your abilities are usable or not.

No whining: What I say goes. Battles and the like are decided by Player levels and RNG rolls and formulas, so everything is relatively fair. Plus this is just a beta test, so there are bound to be mistakes. If it turns out that the RPG aspect doesn't work, I'll scrap it out of the full version.

Don't be too serious: This is just the beta test, so there are bound to be errors and the like for now. I'm practicing with a beta test first to see how everything works. So, for now, have fun!

Next is the character sheet. I'll have an explanation on some sections below.
[+] Character Sheet
Name:
Abilities (Max of 3):
Level: 1
Exp: 0/10
Health: 100
Attributes (6 starting points):
VIT:
STR:
DEF:
MAG:
SPR:
SKL:
Inventory (Items given from Abilities):
Money: 100 arc
Prestige: 0
Backstory:

[+] Sheet explanation
Abilities: You can have a max of 3 abilities given by [GAIA]. This is probably the most confusing part of the application. It's basically decoration, so to speak. You can actually have no abilities and still fight on par with someone who has 3, depending on your level. Because of the RPG aspect, all your stats (STR, DEF, MAG, etc.) are set in stone. Any ability related to those stats basically just provides an excuse for you to use those abilities. (e.g. the ability to use fire uses MAG stat, and you now have an excuse to use fire magic.) Just note however that if you don't have a magical ability or laser beam shooting power in the abilities section, you can't use it and you won't have a MAG stat.
However, there can be some abilities, such as having a sixth sense to detect hidden enemies, that can be extremely useful. It nullifies being ambushed by an enemy, and can turn a disadvantageous situation into an advantageous one. If people are near that character, they won't be ambushed. A pretty useful ability if I say so myself. (More info on hidden enemies in Hiding section.) I would try to come up with useful abilities such as those.
Then there are common abilities like superstrength. It would be cool if that boosted your strength, but sadly it won't. Instead, I came up with an idea that you'd be able to do environmental damage. For example, if you were to punch a goblin with your superhuman ability, the goblin could fly through a brick wall and cause it to collapse if your STR stat is high enough. Basically, if you dish out an attack with a certain STR stat, it could potentially cause damage to the surroundings too. This could also give you advantageous ground against an enemy, or knock them off balance. Sounds like something out of Dragon Ball huh?
You're probably thinking a regeneration ability would be perfect right? Wrong. It would make you too overpowered for an RPG and I'd have to continuously update your health which would be very tiring. So, no regen.

Level: Your character's level.

Exp: The amount of experience needed to level up.

Health: The total amount of health your character has.

Attributes: Everyone has a starting amount of 6 points to place in 6 catagories.
VIT: Vitality. Each point in here raises your health by 20 points.
STR: Strength. Each point in here raises the amount of damage you deal.
DEF: Defense. Each point in here lessens the amount of damage you take.
MAG: Magic. Each point in here raises the amount of magical damage you deal.
SPR: Spirit. Each point in here lessons the amount of magical damage you take.
SKL: Skill. Probably the most versatile of the attributes. It can raise the amount of damage you deal by a small amount and lessen the damage you receive by a small amount. The amount of damage a status effect can do increases a little. The amount of health you can heal increases. The chances of finding hidden enemies and hiding yourself increases.

Inventory: Your inventory is the items you have. When creating your application, the items you have can only be items you wished for as an ability, if you wanted an item.

Money: There is a monetary system using a unit called the arc. Money can be used to buy food, potions, and medicines. They can also be used to buy a house in a town or city. You will need money to enter certain areas such as hot springs for extra experience points, labyrinths to search for treasure and adventure, and tournaments to test your strength. You can also sell items or ingredients to earn money. You CANNOT sell the items you got from [GAIA] if you got one from him. That would be pretty stupid. Hilarious, but stupid.

Prestige: If you join an Adventurer's Guild, you can gain prestige. Prestige points basically show how popular you are in the Guild. You can become famous if your points are high enough. It's just a fun little addition I made. However, if you become famous, you can also attract a lot of attention. Sometimes unneeded attention. Aim for the top and become a true hero to the people!

Status Effects: Status effects cause extra damage to an enemy when used. If an attack has the ability to deal status effects, there is a 1 out of 3 chance to inflict it. However, it only lasts for 1d3 RNG roll. It deals a small amount of damage overtime, and can be increased by a small amount by raising the SKL attribute. Some potions can also deal status effect damage. They have a 100% chance to deal damage, and the damage lasts longer depending on the rarity of the ingredient. It can deal more damage than attacks with status effects, but it also depends on the SKL attribute as well.

Healing: If you have a healing ability, the SKL attribute is your friend. The higher your SKL, the more health you can heal. Food and healing potions are also capable of healing. The higher the rarity of food and healing potion ingredients, the more health it heals. It also depends on your SKL.

Hiding: A fairly simple formula, if your SKL is high enough, you can ambush enemies easier and locate them easier as well. If it's too low, you'll never find enemies, and if it's high enough, you'll always find enemies. The same goes with hiding yourself. Hiding helps you (or the enemy) get the first attack. If successful, you could either gain or lose the advantage, depending on whose attacking.

House: If you buy a house, you can use it as a resting area. Invite some other Players to come (If you met them in-game)! As long as you're not in a battle, you can instantly teleport to your house. While at your house, you'll instantly heal all health you lost. And, as long as you don't leave the house, you can instantly teleport back to the area you came from. Like Minecraft. Be warned though, houses are really expensive.

Adventurer's Guild: The Adventurer's Guild is a place you can go to to take random quests. Rewards for completing these quests can range from common food items and some money (arc) to extremely rare potions and tons of experience points. The harder the quest, the better the reward and the more prestige points you gain. Beware however, for hard quests can also lead to unexpected twists and turns, and you can die if your level is too low.

[+] My character application
Name: Kato Miyazaki
Race: Human/cyborg
Appearance: Kato has straight black hair, somewhat long but not going past his neck, regular brown eyes, a plain face, and a reserved expression. He's about 5'4", and (upon entering Teva) he wears a white jacket, a blue t-shirt, black breathable sweatpants, and blue and white leather shoes.
Abilities (Max of 3):
When asked by [GAIA] what his five wishes were, Kato replied,
1. Sixth sense: Kato wished to be able to locate any hidden enemies trying to sneak the first strike. (Cannot be ambushed. 1 wish deducted.)
2. Cyborg: Kato wished to be able to move again, and have the strength to save what he couldn't save before. (Robotic body parts equal to superstrength, and energy beams because they're awesome. 2 wishes deducted.)
VIT: 0
STR: 2
DEF: 1
MAG: 1
SPR: 0
SKL: 2
Inventory (Items given from Abilities): None
Backstory: When he was 10, Kato lost his entire left arm, his left eye, his right rib cage, his entire right leg, and his left foot to a full on collision car accident. His spine was almost completely crushed, and he was paralyzed for life. The fact he was still breathing seemed preposterous, and no one knew how in the world he was able to survive. After two years of vigorous surgery, he was finally able to speak again, albeit just barely. When asked on how he still wished to live through such a devastating experience with his parents gone, his body in shambles, and his life in utter disarray, he merely replied, "I just hate giving up."
Everyone in the room, without a doubt, saw an inconceivable hope radiating from the little boy's eyes. An absolute will of determination that could not and would not be shattered no matter what he went through. At that moment, they were struck with the thought that he indeed was no ordinary child, and surely has a chance. 5 years later, no one knew that his entire life would change forever.

Now that we got the bulk of the information out of the way, time to get to the action! Everyone will "spawn" in Nitronia, a grand kingdom ruled by King Nitro the VII. (He rules that bright green patch of grass on the map) If there are any questions please ask. This is a beta test, and I'll be happy to answer. If a lot of people join, I may be looking for some Moderators to help with the roleplay as well.

Moderators so far:
Smartdevon

Almost forgot. Everyone only gets 1 character, since having too many characters would be pretty messy. If there's not a lot of roleplayers, then I'll think about it. When three people (besides me and Devon) join, the roleplay (beta test) can begin!
Last edited by NitroMiyaz on 10 Sep 2016 00:05, edited 2 times in total.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFJ-A

Overeptic

Post#2 » 05 Sep 2016 01:22

Name: Zaroth
Race: Daedra (Yes from Skyrim)
Abilities (Max of 3):
(1) Summon - Summons a daedra warrior to fight by Zaroth's side for a small amount of time. (RNG can decide how long that is, or if i can even summon the dadra, depending on how high my magic stat is I would assume.)
(2) Madness - Zaroth can pray to Sheagorath, to strike a foe with a status effect like the ones from Skyrim (RNG would choose what effect would happen or if it would even happen at all.)
(3) Eclipse - Zaroth can pray for the chance Azura would give him the power of light (Increased strength) or dark (Increased defense) (Each of these options depend on one of the attributes and how high it is, Obviously this one is kinda OP so I would make it a high chance It would fail.)
VIT: 1
DEF: 0
MAG: 2
SKL: 1
Backstory: (Bad at these, is it necessary? If it is, I'll make it.)

Obviously if my app is messed up or something, feel free to decline it, I have a back up
Hey guys! I'm glad the Punchwood community is still running after the original site PLUS WoodHaven being shutdown. Anyways, I'm Overeptic, was KidDarkness_18 on Punchwood, Glad to be here.

smartdevon

Post#3 » 05 Sep 2016 01:50

Name: Krux
Race: human
Appearance: (ill get a pic later) tall muscly guy with short brown hair and a sly look in his eye.
Abilities (Max of 3): Advantage: so long as he has more health than his enemy, his attacks are 1.5x as effective (you can change that modifier if you want)
Armor Breaker: armor is less effective blocking Krux's attacks
Ax: Krux Owns an Ax with his name on it
VIT:1
DEF:2
MAG:
SPR:
SKL:1
Backstory: before being pulled into this world, Krux owned a petting zoo. He had bunnies and goats, and chickens, now kurx is determined to return to his animals, because without him, the animals will have no one to take care of them.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

NitroMiyaz

Post#4 » 05 Sep 2016 02:18

Overeptic wrote:Name: Zaroth
Race: Daedra (Yes from Skyrim)
Abilities (Max of 3):
(1) Summon - Summons a daedra warrior to fight by Zaroth's side for a small amount of time. (RNG can decide how long that is, or if i can even summon the dadra, depending on how high my magic stat is I would assume.)
(2) Madness - Zaroth can pray to Sheagorath, to strike a foe with a status effect like the ones from Skyrim (RNG would choose what effect would happen or if it would even happen at all.)
(3) Eclipse - Zaroth can pray for the chance Azura would give him the power of light (Increased strength) or dark (Increased defense) (Each of these options depend on one of the attributes and how high it is, Obviously this one is kinda OP so I would make it a high chance It would fail.)
VIT: 1
DEF: 0
MAG: 2
SKL: 1
Backstory: (Bad at these, is it necessary? If it is, I'll make it.)

Obviously if my app is messed up or something, feel free to decline it, I have a back up

I hoped I wouldn't have to deal with it but it appears I have no choice. Summoning and stat increases. Backstory is optional, but it means we have no idea who you are or where you come from. I've never played Skyrim before so I have no idea what a Daedra is. :3
Now, summoning. Your character can summon a warrior for an entire battle period. Here's the part that gives me more work to do. The summoned warrior will be able to do damage (physical or magical, depending on what your summoned warrior uses to fight) based on your MAG stat. Meaning, it can only do as much damage as you would in your MAG stat. Your summoned warrior has half the health you do, which means 60 health points at the moment. If your summoned warrior is defeated in battle, it will disappear for the remainder of the battle. After the battle is over, you are able to re-summon him again. BTW, summoned warriors cannot be healed. When the battle is over, all health will be restored.
For your second ability, Madness, I don't know if that's considered an attack or just you giving a status effect. It can make a difference depending on which it is. If you wish, it'll be random, though status effects basically all deal the same thing so it's not that big a deal. :P
And now for stat boosts. I tried creating an equation for that before, and I failed. However, I just thought up something about damage multipliers right now typing this. So, I have come up with an idea that allows you to boost the damage you deal or defend against (just finished the formula now). That ability can be used only once per battle. It is also random on giving you a boost in defense or strength.
Now then, I'll just have to write everything down. Time to do some work.

Smartdevon, I'll check and revise some parts of your app soon. Right now I gotta do some roleplay work stuff.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFJ-A

Overeptic

Post#5 » 05 Sep 2016 02:37

I meant for my second ability to have a random chance of on enemy to turn against another or turn into a chicken, like what Sheogorath's staff does, don't know why i called it a status effect. :p

EDIT: The staff does a bunch of random stuff, I always encounter turning people into chicken or making them fight each other. Honestly you could choose the powers of the staff, I don't care :p. It never is very effective anyway, more used as comedic relief. BTW daedra are basically demons. I'll probably add on a story later through dialogue between characters or something.
Hey guys! I'm glad the Punchwood community is still running after the original site PLUS WoodHaven being shutdown. Anyways, I'm Overeptic, was KidDarkness_18 on Punchwood, Glad to be here.

FUNYjk27

Post#6 » 05 Sep 2016 04:20

This looks really interesting and I want to join but I don't have the time right now will you still be accepting later?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

Obiwanabi

Post#7 » 05 Sep 2016 05:24

OOC: COMPLETED

Name:
Falroth Risblade
looks in his late twenties, early thirties, actually 78
Race:
Forest Elf
Appearance:
He's got long pointed ears (not WOW elf long), slanted green eyes, he's of small stature and small build, he has long dark hair, a green hooded leather coat (medieval looking), he has very little facial hair, but some, he has a very dark tan, he's got a dark colored quiver and dark brown cloth pants, as well as a dark green cloak.
Abilities (Max of 3):
1:
Hunter-Prey: Falroth can track almost anything, he has a natural-born instinct for it.
2:
Keen ears: Falroth's ears are better than most, he can hear a subtle foot-step from a deer sixty meters away.
3:
Light footed: Falroth has light feet, making him an ideal candidate for anything stealth related.
Level:
Exp:
0/10
Health:
VIT:
STR: II
DEF:
MAG:
SPR: I
SKL: III
Nothing I guess....
Money:
100 arc
Prestige:
Backstory:
Falroth's mother died during child-birth, so he was raised by a widowed Hunter who taught him how to hunt and provide for himself. His father would often take him hunting with him, and it was an enjoyable experience for the both of them, though eventually when Falroth was an adult his father was killed by a bear while hunting, so Falroth had to provide for himself. He has no connections nor friendships in his home, so he has nothing to go back to.
Last edited by Obiwanabi on 06 Sep 2016 02:56, edited 2 times in total.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

NitroMiyaz

Post#8 » 06 Sep 2016 01:29

smartdevon wrote:Name: Krux
Appearance: (ill get a pic later) tall muscly guy with short brown hair and a sly look in his eye.
Abilities (Max of 3): Advantage: so long as he has more health than his enemy, his attacks are 1.5x as effective (you can change that modifier if you want)
Armor Breaker: armor is less effective blocking Krux's attacks
Ax: Krux Owns an Ax with his name on it
VIT:1
DEF:2
MAG:
SPR:
SKL:1
Backstory: before being pulled into this world, Krux owned a petting zoo. He had bunnies and goats, and chickens, now kurx is determined to return to his animals, because without him, the animals will have no one to take care of them.

I'll be changing that advantage modifier to 1.2x. It's a pretty op move after all. When you reach a high enough level, it will continue to rise. (Although that probably won't happen for the beta testing period)
That armor breaker was pretty difficult, but I was able to lessen the randomness aspect of your damage formula, so you'll be able to damage enemies by a few extra points. Not that big a difference, but it can help a bit.
For your axe... you have an axe. You can have a cool killing blow of cutting enemies in half now! :D

Funy, I'll be accepting applications till the end of time. You can literally join into this roleplay at any time or point of the game. That's the beauty of it. Also, forgot to mention this but if your character dies, you don't have to restart with a new character back at level 1. Your level will just be cut in half. You will then be able to redo your attributes section with the points corresponding to your halved level.

I don't know if you guys know this, but this roleplay could actually be considered pseudo-hardcore. It doesn't have major calculations that take extra armor and weapons into account, but it's pretty heavy on formulas.

Overeptic, you have a 1d3 chance to control a weak enemy for 1d3 posts using your Madness ability. This means for enemies that are storyline enemies or strong mini-boss or boss type monsters it won't work. For those small enemies or regular fighters though, it works. Also, it keeps all of the enemy's stats intact. Your damage multiplier lasts for 2d3 posts per battle.

Fireally

Post#9 » 06 Sep 2016 02:08

ooc: What if I had a vitality of 0? Would I be like Shedinja then? That'd be pretty neato

Name: Kinzo
Appearance: brown hair, green eyes, medium height
Abilities (Max of 3):
Technician: Kinzo can find a way to upgrade, or repair any gear
Sharp Eyes: Kinzo is a good shot. So good he can hit gaps in armor
Pilot: If Kinzo is in any kind of vehicle, he can master it quickly to use it to its most potential
VIT: II
STR: I
DEF:
MAG: I
SPR: I
SKL: I
Backstory: Kinzo is from a steampunk world. He actually was good with machines. Not great, but he still liked it. He wonders if this world has something better to offer him. For now, he'll work on getting rid of the dark lord.
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

Obiwanabi

Post#10 » 06 Sep 2016 02:56

OOC: finished my app.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?