Stargate SG-2: Chapter I- Revelations

The Brick

Post#1 » 29 Sep 2016 23:26

Stargate SG-2 Chapter I
Revelation

Preface
[+] spoiler
As explained in my Interest check post, this is about a show called Stargate SG-1, where a team of scientist and soldiers go through the Stargate to other planets. This is a story of their adventures. If you want more information, look here. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_SG-1)

Mission File
[+] spoiler
After SG-1’s mission to P3X-8596 (Operation Brief Candle http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Brief_Candle) routine check-ins with the Argosian’s have been decided on. SG-2 Will return to P3X-8596, check in on the situation there, and return within 48 hours for debriefing. If they do not return with the 48 hours, reinforcements will be sent.

Rules
[+] spoiler
General Roleplaying rules apply. No overpoweredness (which isn’t really possible in this rp), no knowing everything, only control your character. Just be a nice guy. If I see anything I dislike I’ll letcha know.

Applications
[+] spoiler
Name:
Rank (See http://airforcehandbook.org/files/2010/11/air-force-ranks.jpg) for a list of Airforce ranks. No higher than Lieutenant Colonel):
Appearance:
Training (All participants, even scientists, of SG teams have gone through basic military training. Airforce personnel have had higher of course):
Weapon of choice:
Skill set (Besides your basic training. A military man might still be good with computers):
Weaknesses (Everyone has something they can’t deal with. This is the spot for that):
Backstory (We probably won’t go into this much, but it helps to write it down so you’re not making it up on the fly):
Other:

My Application
[+] spoiler
Name: Jett Orwel (Colonel Orwell)
Appearance: He’s an abnormally short man for the army. This shortness, however, is made up for in his strength. He’s got more muscle than an average officer, and he tries to put that to good use. He’s got a good looking face, short blonde hair, and dark green eyes.
Training: Ranked topped of his class in both aviation and combat tactics, Colonel Orwell is an exceptional officer of the air force.
Weapon of choice: Standard issue gear (P-90, M9, tactical knife)
Skill set: Besides being an exceptional officer, he’s also an astronomer. He studied it in college, and because of that he was hired by the Air Force.
Weaknesses: Has a low tolerance for other people’s cultures. Short fuse sometimes. Not the easiest to get along with.
Backstory: Orwell was a genius growing up. He excelled in science and math during high school, and decided to study Astronomy in college. He was a natural at it, and could recognize most stars just by looking at the sky. This eventually lead to some interest from the government, so he was recruited for the Stargate program at the age of 23. He worked side by side with Daniel Jackson attempting to get the Stargate to work. He's taken military training during his time at the SG-C, learning greatly from Colonel O’Niel, until his promotion to Colonel. He was at that point chosen to lead SG-2.
Other: None.

We'll get started as soon as we have 3-4 applicants. And trust me, the story is much more interesting than just a routine check in to Argos.

noghiri
Site Admin

Post#2 » 01 Oct 2016 18:24

third bloody time's the charm, I hope.
I fixed your post.

Name: Gregory Parker
Rank (See http://airforcehandbook.org/files/2010/ ... -ranks.jpg) for a list of Airforce ranks. No higher than Lieutenant Colonel): Marine Gunnery Sgt. (Marines in SG teams is in fact canon.)
Appearance: A short fireplug of a man, with weathered skin, an operational beard, and several thick scars down the left side of his face.
Training (All participants, even scientists, of SG teams have gone through basic military training. Airforce personnel have had higher of course): Navy and Marine Parachutist Badge. Ranger School. Special Forces Training. Designated Marksman training.
Weapon of choice: An M45 MEU(SOC) Pistol, and the M21 Sniper Weapon System. Can use basically anything, though, depending on the circumstances on the other side of the gate.
Skill set (Besides your basic training. A military man might still be good with computers): Growing up in Utah and Alaska, Greg learned to hunt well in a variety of disparate environments. This experience served him well in the many warzones across the world he ended up in.
Weaknesses (Everyone has something they can’t deal with. This is the spot for that): An otherwise-stellar record is marred by a series of brawls when someone said something stupid in a bar too close by. In addition, he can be emotionally distant, a side effect of having been operational for probably a little too long. Kids remind him of that one time in Fallujah when a 10 year old rushed a column of soldiers with a bomb.
Backstory (We probably won’t go into this much, but it helps to write it down so you’re not making it up on the fly): Greg grew up in Alaska and Utah, where he preferred to spend time hunting or walking outdoors over spending time around people. He joined the Marine Corps at 18 after a major fight with his father.
Other:
hairplanes

The Brick

Post#3 » 02 Oct 2016 23:56

Accepted! Although, doesn't look like it'll do much good. Nobody else appears to be interested.

Obiwanabi

Post#4 » 03 Oct 2016 02:59

OOC: It sounds interesting, I just need to make up my mind if I should right now.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Oranje Maan

Post#5 » 07 Oct 2016 23:37

I spent too much time on this.

Name:
“Matt” Mattityahu Sherman
Captain
Appearance:
Slightly tan skin colour. His straight hair is rather short, jet black, and with medium-length sideburns. Matt is a man of 183 cm height. His face is rather slim and had nearly no facial hair. Camouflage Kippah.
Training:
Israeli police training; Basic Military Training; Air Force Technical School.
Weapon of choice:
Matt uses a a M4 Carbine. An assault rifle with a high rate of fire and a good reliability and an effective range of 0.6 kilometres. He also uses a Jericho 941F pistol from his police days.
Skill set:
He knows how to shoot, kick, or throw something in harsh weather. Matt also is a good at solitaire.
Weaknesses:
Mattityahu is a greedy fellow. He also is somewhat bad at communicating with other people, especially those of different cultures.
Backstory:
Matt was born in Tel Aviv, Israel. In his early 20s he worked as a Shoter (a low rank policeman). However, after some changes in ambitions from American relatives, from economic problems, and a bad performance as a cop, he left Israel for the United States.
Other:
17th member of the site. Also known on some places as Memevb77, Orange Moon, OrenjiGatsu, and dat gai.

noghiri
Site Admin

Post#6 » 08 Oct 2016 00:43

OoC: Preferred weapon and what one has access to/is currently using for a mission can be two different things. For example, there are many environments where my character will likely be using an SMG or carbine instead of his rifle.
hairplanes