The Gods' Verdict (Accepting)

Astriani

Post#1 » 10 Oct 2016 02:28

You, a citizen in _________, receive a letter from a little bird. You open it, filled with curiosity, and read the following:

To Whom It May Concern:

I have little time to inform you, but bear with me. As you may be
aware, Cudohr and his followers have been acting different, as if
they are one with the lost. The refugees have come to Aepia, and
we are nurturing them to the best of our ability. However, there is
another problem on our hands. Napena, the fallen goddess of
victory, has arisen from her slumber and is gathering up an army of
her followers, who all perished in the flood over sixty years ago.
I am aware that this is a lot to ask, but I request that you assist in their
defeat immediately. Tara the Unspoken will be your guide and will meet
you at Ceimari Forest in the Okkeria Stretch. It is near the middle.
Godspeed, strong follower
Kemzirue, Priest of Aione

Meanwhile, Tara crumbled up the letter and threw it into the fire. She had been traveling for days now with her two horses, Ebony and Ivory, searching for a way into both Evemael and Laebis. The journey to her location from Dianok was about three days travel, and the letter was sent out five days ago. That meant that if anyone were to come, tomorrow would be the day. Let us pray that someone does come, she thought, letting her mind drift into a dreamless sleep.

Welcome to my new roleplay, The Gods' Verdict! I am currently exhausted, so I might not make any sense right now. I'll fix anything tomorrow. Anyways, this roleplay is extremely decision based. Similar to that of Undertale, there are bad endings, and there are good endings. You and your team decide which way to choose. So think very carefully. Now onto information!

[+] Rules
1. Regular Forum Rules Apply
2. What I say goes. This goes without saying, but still, I'm saying it.
3. The people who follow Napena all drowned 60 years ago. Kefal, their city, is currently about 50 feet under water, so I'm going to say no followers of Napena. I will explain why later.
4. As for Cudohr, I will allow followers of him just because of the fact that he is beginning to go insane.
5. Not many special powers UNLESS you have a reasonable explanation. For example, Tara is mute but Aione gave her the ability to communicate.
6. No overpowered characters.
7. If you've read these, put your favorite song in the other section of your application.
8. Have fun!

[+] Gods + Goddesses
Aione, God of Mercy: Aione is most prominent in the region of Aepia. Dianok is the smallest of the cities. His believers are against most any fighting, but they are not pushovers. They are quite strong willed, in fact. As for Aione himself, he adores any and all of his followers. He is often depicted a young male and waiting for people to come to him.
Osdite, God of Loyalty: Osdite followers are mostly found in Ettesia. Kairnent is one of the larger cities. He is seen as a war-torn, wise man who ruled with an iron fist. His followers believe in honesty and promises, and often have tests every once in a while to prove their dedication.
Pura-Rei, Twin Goddesses of Peace and War:Rei is the Goddess of War and Pura is the Goddess of Peace. Pura is seen to outsiders as unstable and insane, craving only war between the fellow regions, whilst Rei is kind and calm, the complete opposite. Their following is located in Nebuxus, and the main city is Twolgal. Twolgal is the largest main city, and is split into the East and West Province. East is for Rei, and West is for Pura. Pura's followers are often rash and bold, sometimes even reckless. Rei's followers are the complete opposite, being soft-spoken and hardly ever fight. However, somehow these two groups live together.
Cudohr, God of Truth: Cudohr's followers are found in Evemael, with the capital being Cin. They also believe in honesty, but they are far most secretive and unkind. They are also very blunt. Lately, they have been acting strange and unnatural. Cudohr is depicted as being a young man holding a sword.
Napena, Forgotten Goddess of Victory: Napena’s followers are very few, if any remain. They were all wiped out with the flood. The elders recall of them being secretive and untrustworthy, always whispering when they visited. Few visitors were welcome in Kefal back when she was alive.

[+] Regions + Cities
The only regions I am putting in this section are the ones that aren't as obvious.
Aemmosia: Aemmosia is the region of the unbelievers, or the one who refuse to associate with the followers. Whether it's because of past encounters or something else, no one knows why they would both to move to the desert. In general, Aemmosia is hot, dry, and has a lack of much water. Basically a desert.
The Onyx Reach: The Onyx Reach is considered dangerous for outsiders. It is the city of unbelievers, but it is mostly made of dark rocks. The people have advanced weapons and seemed to have developed magic on their own. They seem to be hostile towards outsiders, too.
Teonnela: Teonnela is the region of the lost and the banished. Many stations are set up in this region of asylums, and all of the other cities rule it evenly. Anyone who steps out of line more than once is sent here, and little people survive their first counter. The soldiers are ruthless in general. It is forest in the northeast and desert in the southwest.
Aetiaron: Aetiaron is known as the most ruthless asylum of Teonnela. No one has survived Aetiaron when sent their. People who are sent to here are the worse of the worse, and are also the unstable.
Deosar: Deosar is located in the far northwest of Cilbraeon. Few people actually know it exists, including the Lamaeh. The people who have visited it describe is as being frigid and snowy, with both large mountains and deep valleys. It connects to one of the deepest parts of Asegh Depths, making it known for having rare fish and sea creatures.
Ephneth: Ephneth is the capital of Deosar and is also the origin of the Lamaeh people. Legend has it that Lamaeh, a necromancer nephilim, fell into the Asegh depths. She was found by a sea god and granted a snake tail in order to swim out. She then returned to Ephneth and had the sea god's son.

[+] Map

[+] Races
Human - I hope you know what this is.
Nephilim - Nephilims are the offspring between a celestial being and a human. Angel and Valkyrie hybrids have smaller wings but are faster. Demon and Necromancer hybrids are stronger and have slightly smaller horns, if they have horns at all.
Elemental - Beings made from either water, fire, rocks and dirt, and wind. They typically have a passive and active form. A passive form is similar to a human, but the skin and hair is the related to the element. The active form is made of only the element. Bigger than humans.
Lemaeh - Creatures of the ancient city of Ephneth. The top half of their body is a human, and the bottom half is a snake. They have lithe human bodies, but are larger than humans.
Nightwalkers/Daywalkers - Essentially elves. Nightwalkers have pale skin of blues, purples, and grays. Daywalkers have tanner skin, like humans. Both typically have markings related to their God or Goddess. A little bit smaller than humans.
Celestial Beings (Angel/Demon/Valkyrie/Necromancer) - Angels and demons are pretty self-explanatory. Valkyries are the warriors of the Overworld, and Necromancers are the warriors of the Underworld. Necromancers are typically pale skinned, with ranges from grey to blue to a sickly green. They might have many tattoos based on what main practice they do. Imagine if a big scary demon got turned into a hateful human. maybe even black eyes, I guess. Valkyries are warrior angels, but they mostly have wings on top of their head too. They are typically decked out in full armor and have large weapons. Imagine if a graceful angel got turned into a warrior. Both are bigger than humans.

[+] Magic
If you read the rules, you noticed that I allowed special powers. Obviously, it has to be at least a little bit reasonable, but I will allow small and simple spells to be learned. You know, like sleep spells or growth spells. Small stuff for the regular races.

The Valkyrie and Necromancer are a bit different. Typically, necromancers devote their life to learning dark spells, while valkyrie can learn spells for protecting. It's up to you to decide what spells you want, but it still has to be reasonable. No buffing yourself up a ridiculous amount.

The Lemaeh can also be magic users. Just saying.

[+] Application
Name:
Race:
Description:
Personality:
God/Goddess:
Backstory:
Magic: (Optional)
Other:

[+] My Application
Name: Tara Laegar the Unspoken
Race: Angel Nephilim
Description:Tara has mahogany colored hair and sage green eyes. Her skin is tanned. Her face is round and very much freckled, and her hair is curly. She typically keep sit up in a ponytail. Tara has black and gold embroidered mask that covers the bottom part of her face, including her face. As for her clothes, she wears a beige shirt that is held together by multiple stringes that Cris-cross in the front. She wears what we consider moss green sweatpants, but a lot less comfortable, along with tall brown boots. She wears moss green gloves. As for a weapon, she wields a long spear.
God/Goddess: Aione, God of Mercy
Personality: Tara is a very easy-going, calm Nephilim. She willing puts herself in front of danger to protect her god, family, and friends. She is a bit ignorant like a child at times, but she doesn’t let that dull her confidence and determination. She is pretty sensitive, but tries her best not to show it.
Backstory: Tara never spoke as a child. For whatever reason, she decided against it. Her parents despised that about her, but her older brother prayed to Aione in hopes that he would have mercy on her. He heard and gave Tara the ability to communicate through the minds of others, no matter who they believe in. She cannot directly read their thoughts. After she showed her ability to her family and the high priest, the priest placed a metal cover over her mouth, saying that she must embrace what the god had bestowed upon her. She was given the name Tara the Unspoken because of it.
Magic: Tara only knows a sleep spell.
Other: As mentioned in the backstory, Tara is mute and has the ability to communicate in people's minds. I have too many songs to name...

[+] Characters
Tara Laegar The Unspoken ~ Astriani, pg.1
Halfor F'kahn ~ Obiwanabi, pg.1
Jaehyun Min ~ Yoonie, pg.1
Aldrich Bennet ~ Piplupm, pg.1
Nemo Ritte ~ Funyjk27, pg. 2
Maunie "Mouse" Apegandria ~ HunterOfEvil, pg.2
Twillor "Night Raven" Talgal ~ Pale-Beast, pg. 3
Ace ~ SlayerofNight, pg.3
Lorenzo Vorgotta ~ WoodGreen, pg.4

Mods:
Last edited by Astriani on 16 Oct 2016 18:31, edited 17 times in total.
Let's just all pretend I know what I'm doing, okay?

FUNYjk27

The Gods' Verdict (Accepting) (WIP, but go ahead and post)

Post#2 » 11 Oct 2016 02:40

I am interested in this but I'll wait on making an app until things are filled in if that's ok
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

Obiwanabi

The Gods' Verdict (Accepting) (WIP, but go ahead and post)

Post#3 » 12 Oct 2016 02:35

Name: Halfor F'kahn.
Race: Rock Elemental
Description:
-passive: Grey skinned, Dirt filled, Brown hair, hard, hateful brown eyes, fit and strong, he wears a leather(not modern leather) vest and cloth pants.
-active: A really big, really buff man made of only rocks. Yeah, basically your stereotypical earth elemental.
Personality: He's brash, aggressive, blunt, unintelligent, reckless, rude, and battle-driven.
God/Goddess: Rei, Godess of War
Backstory: That's a secret/I'm going to make it up as I go/it's not really relevant.
Other: One does not simply choose a favorite song.
I'm with stupider
I
V

Yoonie

Post#4 » 12 Oct 2016 03:16

Name: Jaehyun Min
Race: Human
Description: Jaehyun is often seen wearing a black face mask that covers the bottom half of his face, he wears a black fur coat. Overshadowing his full black clothing. Image Oh, and Don't forget the geek-like black glasses.
Personality: Quiet, Shy, Reserved. Thoughtful of other's problems, though, Don't ask him to smell you. Because he can only see smells.
God/Goddess: Aione
Backstory: (To be developed later on as Jaehyun progresses into the storyline, unless Daisy wants Yoonie to type it all out.)
Other: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhK3wMXluE

Astriani

Post#5 » 12 Oct 2016 03:22

Yoonie wrote: snippity snip
Obiwanabi wrote:snip snip

Both are accepted! Welcome! We'll start when we get about 5 people.

FUNYjk27

Post#6 » 12 Oct 2016 03:31

Quick question, what do necromancers and Valkyrie look like?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

Astriani

Post#7 » 12 Oct 2016 03:41

Necromancers are typically pale skinned, with ranges from grey to blue to a sickly green. They might have many tattoos based on what main practice they do. Imagine if a big scary demon got turned into a hateful human. maybe even black eyes, I guess.

Valkyries are warrior angels, but they mostly have wings on top of their head too. They are typically decked out in full armor and have large weapons. Imagine if a graceful angel got turned into a warrior.

I'm going to change a few things in the magic section for these two races, so if you're considering them, look at the magic section.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#8 » 12 Oct 2016 04:44

Name: Aldrich Bennet
Race: Human
Description: Short, black hair and blue eyes. Wears monk's clothing.
Personality: A kind and helpful man.
God/Goddess: Osdite
Backstory: Nobu is a scholar of sorts... Except he knows how to fight. He has studied magical relics for most of his life. (I'm pretty sure I'm gonna make this up as I go)
Magic: (Optional)
Other: There's a certain magical Rune that he searches for and wishes to obtain, mostly for his studies. Also, I love History Repeating by The Megas.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

Astriani

Post#9 » 12 Oct 2016 04:55

Accepted~! Still waiting for a few more peeps

leniphant

Post#10 » 12 Oct 2016 14:34

This looks really interesting and I do want to join. However, my life is so busy right now that I'm struggling with keeping up with the ONE roleplay I'm in. Will you still accept apps later on, so that I can join once I become less busy?
Not all those who wander are lost. - J. R. R. Tolkien

Return to “Roleplays”