Interest Check: Mafia

Poll: Would you be interested in joining this?

Yes! I love the idea
25%
Maybe. It sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how well it'd work
50%
Maybe. I'd probably join if others were interested.
25%
No, this sounds like a stupid idea.
No votes
Brick is awesome.
No votes
Total votes: 4

The Brick

Post#1 » 17 Dec 2016 00:42

Hey Everyone

So I've been tossing around an idea for a role-play in my head, and now that school is out (for me at least), I thought it'd be the perfect time to put out an interest check!

In essence, it's a game of Mafia. If you've never heard of it, it's a game for a small group of people where there's a mafia, a doctor, and a policeman and it's everyone job to find out who's who. Every 'night' (A.K.A everyone putting there heads down) the mafia chooses someone to kill, the doctor picks someone to save, and the police try to investigate someone. It ends up being a lot of fun, and if you haven't played it I would definitely recommend it.

Anywho. Explanation aside, this roleplay would be kind of based off that. Characters would just be normal people living out their lives in a small town. I would choose the mafia at the beginning of the round (nobody else would know), and it's the townspeople's job to find out who it is! We'd go into a lot more detail, trying to see how normal everyday people would react to a mafia killing everyone in town. Everyone would have a job in town, and any roles that we need I can fill in. I think if we had enough people this could be great.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. If you got any questions leave a comment.

Probored

Post#2 » 17 Dec 2016 00:59

Just want to say that I tried initiating a game of Mafia on Woodhaven but no one joined. Maybe it was because I was brand new by then, or maybe its just me.

Either case, I'd like to try it.

THE_BUTLER00

Post#3 » 17 Dec 2016 01:20

So it's kinda like Town of Salem?
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

The Brick

Post#4 » 17 Dec 2016 01:35

I hadn't heard of that before, but yes. It's exactly like it.

noghiri
Site Admin

Post#5 » 17 Dec 2016 01:44

THE_BUTLER00 wrote:So it's kinda like Town of Salem?

It's what Town of Salem was based off of. This is a game we used to play as kids, drawing roles out of a hat.
hairplanes