The Witch Trials

Poll: Are you ready to solve a new mystery?

Poll ended at 29 Oct 2017 05:03

Yes
No votes
No
No votes
Yes but no witches
No votes
Total votes: 0

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Witch Trials

Post#571 » 13 Mar 2017 21:45

"I shall." He took the rapier into his gloved hands, holding it at his side. He did NOT have a big enough bag for this.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

The Witch Trials

Post#572 » 13 Mar 2017 22:02

court record on the first page.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Fireally

The Witch Trials

Post#573 » 15 Mar 2017 04:14

Hobo Joe addressed Duke, "Do you know how blood got on it? Or how you got seriously burned, yet the sword was cold as the weather outside tonight?"
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Witch Trials

Post#574 » 15 Mar 2017 04:18

"Who's to say he was burned?" Philip said, glaring at Hobo joe again. He had possibly destroyed valuable evidence...
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

The Witch Trials

Post#575 » 15 Mar 2017 04:25

"What , this?" Duke said lifting his ash covered hand. "I wouldnt call it a serious burn, but as for the blade, the most obvious answer was that it was used as a weapon against someone." Dukr crouched next to the other victim. "I recognize this girl. Amelia LeGrand. She appears to have a large laceration in the abdomen. However to assume the sword inflicted these wounds is still an assumption." Duke examined a bloodstain on the ground far from Amelia, and closer to where he was found. "Look at the shape and placement of these blood marks. They suggest someone standing here was cut. But it wasnt Amelia. Why dont you explain to the good people why we know this, detective" duke challenged phillip.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Witch Trials

Post#576 » 15 Mar 2017 09:34

Philip raised an eyebrow, and then quickly examined the scene. Perhaps it would lead to an idea of what Duke was talking about.

smartdevon

The Witch Trials

Post#577 » 15 Mar 2017 09:53

Philip noticed the two seperate bloodstains. One of them was next to the body, but the other was by itself. Philip didnt see a blood trail coming from the other one, despite the large blood mark told taht there shouldve been one. The body of Amelia had one large laceration. Philip also saw the burnt flare on the ground.

Probored

The Witch Trials

Post#578 » 15 Mar 2017 11:53

Jimmy the Shoeshiner looked around the group, he was terrified but had compiled a list of events in his diary.

"U-um..Mr. Detective? I-I have a um..text I want you to..r-read."

He handed over his diary to the good detective. [Long read guys]

[+] Jimmys Diary
9:30 PM possibly, a blood moon is an apocaliptic event featuring the end of the world. Not sure what that has to do with the setting of our town but whatever.
-Everyone is in the park, we know for sure Dr. Chambers, the astronomer and Theodore Knight are there.
-An emergency flare is seen behind them. Don't have enough info on how close behind them. The person that activated it could have been part of the group. Its not Theodore Knight or Dr. Chambers.
-everyone runs to the courthouse. We see two dead bodies and Zanneth with blood on his hands.
-Preliminary reports on the crime scene sketch:

The Woman, victim #1
--------
-Wears civilian clothes. Possibly a civilian, has a slash across her chest, possibly from a sword. Might be the sword lying next to the body of the man, victim #2.
-Has some interesting blood trails. Her blood is seen inside the fountain and on the ground. She might have been killed in the fountain and dragged herself out into the ground leaving a bloody trail. Will need to check the clothes to see if they are wet.
-has bled out a lot of blood on the ground where she was found.
-Body wound type rules out the possibility of suicide

The Man, victim #2
-------
-Wears fine clothes, possibly someone of high importance. Possibly lives in a mansion because there are somehow 3 mansions in a tiny village.
-Has a scabbard
-Sword possibly comes from scabbard
-The blood trail makes it look like he came from the front path, but body is positioned wrong, hed be parallel and not perpendicular if he dragged himself after getting attacked. Might just be shitty art skills though.

-Zanneth was found at the scene of the crime with bloody hands. He says it wasnt him.
-Phillip immediately goes to work and lays out information he was probably PM'd, victim # 2 is Duke Young, ex-soldier. No idea why a veteran would be in fine clothes. Maybe went to a party? Certainly shouldn't be rich, but whatever.
-Devon puts an emphasis on dry and shriveled, mentioning it twice in his posts. This is probably important somehow. I'm going to guess that the bodies were contained somewhere before and the scene of the crime was set up.

-Duke is bloody, no idea if its his or someone elses. Hes still alive but "needs medical help". Vague.
-Phillip instructs the doctor to take a blood sample from his hands.
-Hobo Joe finds a bloody rapier and the blood marks on the ground indicate they originate from an attack. This is an important contradiction with the mummified bodies.
-There is some ash in Duke's hand. no idea how it got there
-Philip searches Duke's inner pocket. Philip finds a book of matches, A flintlock pistol, some shiny musket balls, a necklace with a saphire in it, some unused flares, a piece of chocolate and a head of garlic. Duke seemed to have been carrying around a lot in various pockets

HYPOTHESIS
-----------
the ash in Duke's hand is gunpowder, fired from the flintlock pistol. Duke fired the flares for help. The piece of chocolate is for a girl Duke is courting or wants to date and he was on his way or came back from a date. The garlic is there because everyone in this town is superstitious of witches so naturally they are suspicious of vampires. Oh god, its going to become a vampire hunt isn't it? Because the victims are all dry and that makes it look like a vampire attack.

-Another factoid comes to mind. Because hes an ex-soldier, he should be able to defend himself against an attacker. He was either overpowered by someone REALLY strong or caught by surprise.
-Hobo Joe examines the rapier and puts his fingerprints all over it. Nice job.
-Rapier is made of silver.

-Duke wakes up. He looks at the sword, then looks at his scabbard. Obvious connection there. That sword came from his scabbard. But why is it bloody?
-Duke drinks water
-Duke confirms that the rapier is his. I knew it, but nobody asks the shoeshiner for his opinions :(
-Duke refuses to comment on why his rapier is bloody. Obvious connection.

-I had suspicions earlier that the way the bodies were described by Phillip reminded me of a house fire a few years ago in the village, where the bodies of the victims were dry, gray and shriveled. Obviously Hobo Joe has arrived to the same suspicions as me. I do not believe this theory to be as likely as them being in a decomposed state.
-Hobo Joe asks questions about the burns, to which the detective shuts him up.
-Duke Young mistakenly assumes that Hobo Joe is asking about his hand (I assume) and says that his hand didnt receive any serious burns.
-Duke identifies the victim for us: Amelia LeGrand. He says they have no proof his sword killed her and points to new evidence.
-The bloodstains are very peculiar, Amelia's bloodstains (Blood #1) show that despite Amelia having a large laceration, there is no blood trail, when there should have been one. There is also blood next to where Young was slumped (Bloodstain #2)

tl; dr

-This all brings out new evidence and new contradictions, theses are all contradictions we need to explore:

~Blood in the fountain
-This is possibly where Amelia was killed. There is a unkown amount of blood inside and can possibly explain the reason why there is no blood trail. If so, this may provide info on where Amelia was and where she was facing her attacker before she died.

~Dry, shriveled and gray
-This can possibly mean two things;
1) The bodies were already decomposing, which meant that the entire scene was a set up since I doubt people would not have noticed the dead bodies in front of their courthouse. This however brings two contradictions. The fact that Duke is still alive and the fact that there is blood everywhere. If only someone could find out the time of death or try to find a testimony that tells us that the bodies weren't there at like 5 oclock this evening.
2) The bodies were burned. Not sure what to make of this.

~The flare
Who fired it? Duke seems to be a likely suspect but better not ask him the question directly, since the ash on his hands might not be from firing a flare but from firing a musketball.

~Where does Zanneth's blood come from?
-better pursue this line of questioning. Might yield a timeline of the events

~Bloodstain #2
My hypothesis is that Duke was fighting someone, he's injured and has a bloody sword. He also made us believe that the bloodstain #1 were not from his blade. Which could mean that the unknown attacker killed Amelia before fighting Duke. He does not want to provide information on who he was fighting.

-Another thing we need to piece together is where Amelia was killed exactly, and more importantly when?
-How did Duke know who Amelia was?

OoC: Theres a tl;dr in there, its the most important part of the post. I am also currently hangover drunk when I wrote all this, so I might have missed something. I am testing my cognitive thinking while intoxicated and am satisfied with my reasoning until now! Going to have to revisit this later when I'm sober. :mrgreen:

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Witch Trials

Post#579 » 16 Mar 2017 02:13

Philip nodded and thanked Jimmy. He read it all over, then looked up. "There's no blood trail." He declared. "No evidence to support that the body was moved."

smartdevon

The Witch Trials

Post#580 » 16 Mar 2017 02:18

"Precisely!" Duke exclaimed. "However that presents us with another issue. Theres no blood trail from thia other wound either. So why is that? Did the missing victim banfage the wound somehow? Or dud they simply vanish into air?" Duke stopped pacing. "Well? Any ideas? Im not the professional here. You have the clues. Whatll you do next?" Duke addressed the townspeople as a whole. "An autopsy of the victim? A search if the town?" Duke winked flirtatiously at tempest. "A private interrogation?"