The Dreamscape

smartdevon

The Dreamscape

Post#1 » 07 Apr 2017 01:46

Welcome to the Dreamscape!
wake up
You guys said youd be interested in something like this so here it is. Due to the nature of the dreamscape, you wont need me to tell you anything to play, but Ill humor you anyway for a bit. ;)
wake up
There is no past, only the present. This world is no less real than any other. You find yourself in cabin. Outside you can see the snowy forest. You're here with your friends. This is what you know.
wake up
Application:
wake up
Name:
Personality:
Backstory: (this can be fairly basic. You're all normal humans)
Fears: (required at least 1, characters can have fears they dont know about)
Love: (who or what does your character love?)
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fatal Flaw: (this is a flaw in your character's personality. It can be something like greed, or paranioa, or pride,
Appearance:

All the characters are friends, they know each other. But you dont remember how you met or how long youve known each other, however because this is a dream you dont realize you lack this knowledge.

Rules:
Characters must be original
No meta gaming
No OP
Last edited by smartdevon on 07 Apr 2017 20:49, edited 2 times in total.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

HunterOfEvil

The Dreamscape

Post#2 » 07 Apr 2017 03:31

Name: Destiny Moonlight
Personality: sweet and bubbly. Innocent, naive, trusting, friendly.
Backstory: Grew up in space on a beautiful planet.
Fears: secretly afraid of spooky ghosts and being alone
Love: is a romantic (will fall in love with almost any boy)
Strengths: kindness and loyalty. Overly forgiving. Incredible dancer and singer
Weaknesses: Doesn't know how to handle criticism.
Fatal Flaw: Extreme nativity and thoughtless trust.
Appearance: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/ ... 75-530.png
(^^totally didn't just steal that from a movie.....^^)
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

Invictus Maneo

The Dreamscape

Post#3 » 07 Apr 2017 03:45

Name: Celia Dawn
Personality: Subdued introvert that seems to be more interested in the environment and the world than actual people. The snow will probably capture her attention for hours at end. While she speaks, it's in a shy manner that ends up masking alot of what she potentially what she wants to say and topics could shift at random.
Backstory: (this can be fairly basic. You're all normal humans)
Fears: (required at least 1, characters can have fears they dont know about) Extended periods of isolation and unable to express herself
Love: (who or what does your character love?) Peace and harmony, extremely fond of snow because it changes the entire world
Strengths: Overly observing and empathic. Listens to gut sense and simply just feels things.
Weaknesses: Way too empathic
Fatal Flaw: (this is a flaw in your character's personality. It can be something like greed, or paranioa, or pride,) Completely melts down and refuses to do anything in face of extreme stress
Appearance: Hmm. well. I'm feeling lazy right now, so maybe later. 5'6, black hair, brown eyes, slim form
Bresn. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worldbuilder- Arcturus & Astraeus; the twin realms, The Shocktheur Rebellion; rise of the titans.

smartdevon

The Dreamscape

Post#4 » 07 Apr 2017 10:24

posted rules becaus eI forgot about them :D

Both are accepted, Hubter its ok if shes from another planet I guess so long as shes not superhuman (dont worry, this is a dream, everyone's superhuman)
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

FUNYjk27

The Dreamscape

Post#5 » 07 Apr 2017 20:36

I will join this but I'm having trouble making a character right now so I might be a bit.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

leniphant

The Dreamscape

Post#6 » 07 Apr 2017 21:15

Name: Tessa Sturmling

Personality: Outgoing, cheerful, and upbeat, though she can sometimes be quite sensitive.

Backstory: Tessa was born on July 26 along with her twin brother, Tomas in a small town on the island of O’ahu. She was a bright and bubbly child who loved to play outside. One day, when she was 4 years old, she was playing outside during a thunder storm and a bolt of lightning struck her. Though she survived, the lightning blinded her. For some reason, this experience was the beginning of her love of storms, instead of causing fear. Tessa did well in school and dreamed of becoming a storm-chaser.

Fears: Drowning, and by extension, earthquakes and tsunamis.

Love: Tomas, storms – particularly thunder storms,

Strengths: Very compassionate, agile, smart , extremely sensitive to changes in air pressure of air flow, very acute hearing, stubborn as a mule

Weaknesses: Blind, way too trusting, stubborn as a mule

Fatal Flaw: Extremely self-reliant – the only person she lets help her is Tomas

Appearance: Tessa has warm, amber-brown skin and long black hair that she keeps out of her face with a deep pink hibiscus hair clip. Her eyes are chocolate-brown but her pupils are milky white. Tessa is actually tiny; she barely weighs 40 kg and is only about 1.5 meters tall. She wears a light yellow-green cami with a light blue short-sleeved button-up shirt over top, though she never buttons it up. She wears white leggings that go just below her knees underneath a short navy blue ruffled skirt. Tessa likes to wear gold gladiator sandals and typically has her toenails painted (normally pink). She has with her a yellow tasseled across-the-body bag in which she has all sorts of things.

Name: Tomas Sturmling

Personality: Overprotective of Tessa, cocky at times, acts all tough but is actually a total softie

Backstory: Tomas was born on July 26 along with his twin sister, Tessa in a small town on the island of O’ahu. After the lightning strike, he became extremely protective of his sister. In general, he did okay in school, though he was the team captain of his soccer team and really excelled in sports. The only subject Tomas was really interested in was geology.

Fears: Losing his sister and (though he won’t admit it) dogs

Love: Tessa, snorkeling, has a thing for blondes, cats

Strengths: Extremely athletic – very fast, strong, and fairly agile, has a very friendly and trustworthy aura, knows way too much about rocks

Weaknesses: Really hates cold weather, easily distracted

Fatal Flaw: Overprotective of Tessa to the point where he would put his own happiness/life on the line for her.

Appearance: Tomas has amber-brown skin that is slightly darker that Tessa’s and short black hair that he gels up into spikes. Tomas is muscular, athletic, and pretty attractive; he weighs about 100 kg and is 2.2 meters tall. He wears khaki shorts and a red polo shirt. He only ever wears sneakers with colorful ankle-high socks. Tomas also has a leather cord around his neck on which is the tooth of a shark that he encountered while snorkeling.
Not all those who wander are lost. - J. R. R. Tolkien

smartdevon

The Dreamscape

Post#7 » 07 Apr 2017 22:16

Accepted leniphant!

smartdevon

The Dreamscape

Post#8 » 08 Apr 2017 18:11

We'll start now. New people can join anytime.

The friends are in various parts of a small cabin. You dont consider what brought you here or where youbwere before. All around you, devilish screatches peirce your ears. Around your heads, colorful forma fly around, the source of the screams. The demons fly too fast ti make out theur form. On the first story, bony, humanoid creatures made of shadow and fear populate the livingroom. The house is melting around you.

SlayerOfNight

The Dreamscape

Post#9 » 08 Apr 2017 19:31

Name: Zanna "Zan" Cherokee Rose
Personality: relaxed but can be serious t times, very guarded, loyal, paranoid, stubborn, sarcastic, dark-humored, very loving on the inside, tough on the outside to protect herself, alert, not quick to trust
Backstory: (this can be fairly basic. You're all normal humans) Zan lives a pretty normal life, with a rougher-than-normal family who,at times, can be emotionally abusive, but for the most part show their love. She has few friends and tends to cycle out the fake ones, the ones that aren't true friends.
Fears: (required at least 1, characters can have fears they dont know about) Spiders, clowns, marionettes, rejection, betrayal
Love: (who or what does your character love?) hopeless romantic who is just looking for some kind of love, be it brotherly, motherly, sisterly, fatherly, or romantically
Strengths: She is trained in kickboxing, she is good at making basic weapons, has above average survival instincts, has common sense unlike most people these days, and her stubbornness means she'll never give up no matter what.
Weaknesses: trusting, cooperation, making friends, talking.
Fatal Flaw: (this is a flaw in your character's personality. It can be something like greed, or paranoia, or pride) solitude, in how she builds up walls around her to keep herself safe, but desperately wants to be loved at the same time.
Appearance: standing at 5' 7", Zan is tan-skinned, with stunning blue eyes, long eyelashes, a cutely shy smile, and short blonde hair. She has a Scottish accent. She has a fit build, with long arms and torso. She has a toned body, and you can tell she takes care of her body. Zan typically wears a black ribbed tanktop, tactical leather vest and combat boots, fingerless leather gloves, dark blue jeans, sometimes a black and green flannel.
Other: When the Trail of Tears started in 1838, the mothers of the Cherokee were grieving and crying so much, they were unable to help their children survive the journey. The elders prayed for a sign that would lift the mother’s spirits to give them strength. The next day a beautiful rose began to grow where each of the mother’s tears fell. The rose is white for their tears; a gold center represents the gold taken from Cherokee lands, and seven leaves on each stem for the seven Cherokee clans. The wild Cherokee Rose grows along the route of the Trail of Tears into eastern Oklahoma today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SlayerOfNight on 09 Apr 2017 05:41, edited 4 times in total.
​Be fantastic, Kill walkers, Tame creatures, Allon-sy!
Driver picks the music shotgun shuts his cakehole
What kind of house doesn't have salt? Low sodium freaks. I found a liquor store and I drank it. Am I The only one zen around here? INTJ-T. Slytherin.

leniphant

The Dreamscape

Post#10 » 09 Apr 2017 02:05

OoC: Welp, not how I expected it to start! O.O

PoV: Tomas swore explosively as he crouched down next to the bed, pulling his sister down with him. They were in the master bedroom of the cabin, and outside Tomas could see a forest covered in snow. Tessa clapped her hands to her ears, her nose scrunching up in pain from the horrendous screeching. Tomas jerked his head, trying and failing to follow the brightly colored things flying above them. "Tomas! Tomas, the floor is wet!" Tessa squeaked and Tomas stared as the floorboards seemed to liquefy before his eyes. "Hey, it's alright, it's gonna be ok." Tomas patted his sister's shoulder, trying to soothe her. He tore the comforter off of the bed, covering them with it and began to inch over to the window. Tessa followed her brother's guiding hand as the demonic screeching assailed her poor ears. She much preferred the rumbling rolls of thunder to these high-pitched wails, and she desperately wished that a thunderstorm would just come and blow the source of the screeching away. Tomas stopped, standing up just enough to try to wrench the window open so that they could get out. "What about the others?" Tessa exclaimed, hearing the opening of the window over the monsters' noises. Tomas looked around desperately. He didn't know where their companions were, but right now he was more concerned about getting his sister out.
Not all those who wander are lost. - J. R. R. Tolkien