Crystals: Rise of the Crystal King

HunterOfEvil

Post#251 » 07 Jul 2017 12:47

Killian sat down with Rose across from Elizabet, listening intently, eyes darting to each person speaking. Storm curled up in his lap.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

WischMeLuck

Post#252 » 07 Jul 2017 14:48

Elizabet considered Zen's idea. Perhaps, but using a brown and purple crystal for a similar purpose seemed redundant. She looked at the others in turn, trying to glean what they were thinking. When her gaze settled on Ajjrana, she knew she had struck jackpot. Her long years of bartering and making deals in her shop had taught her how to read people's expressions and body language. Tiny quirks could give away if they were nervous, how badly they wanted something, and much more. And even though Elizabet could only see Ajjrana's eyes and the movements she made, like the little head shake, seemed to indicate something different was running through the women's head. Elizabet smiled, her eyes focusing in of Ajjrana's and said, "Ajjrana, perhaps you have an idea you'd like to share? You seem to disagree with Zen's theory."

Verum-Ingenium

Post#253 » 07 Jul 2017 17:49

This was unexpected. Ajjrana looked up from Anguis and leveled her eyes with Elizabet.

“A human is b-b-built with a tenthhh part of b-b-blood. Magi-cal liquid d-d-designed to carry life ac-cross the body. The c-crystal is most d-d-definitely the equ-equivalent of a heart. I c-c-can’t see any other ex-planation,” Ajjrana said with dark sarcasm, “you’re more likely to know thththan me, affffter all, this is sssssupposed to be your fffffield of ex-pertise. What insssight do you ex-expect ffffrom me?”

She then promptly began washing her feet. Letting her eyes fall to her hand as she scrubbed at the accumulated dirt.

THE_BUTLER00

Post#254 » 08 Jul 2017 01:57

Noctis had found his seat next to Killian, he wasn't really paying attention to anyone talking, and was just looking up at the ceiling.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

WischMeLuck

Post#255 » 09 Jul 2017 14:52

Elizabet closed her eyes and leaned her head on her hands. What on earth was Ajjrana saying? The crystal is the heart? That made no sense. "Well, we seem to have different cultural backgrounds, so I thought perhaps you would have a different idea." She responded coolly, outwardly dismissing the mumbo-jumbo Ajjrana seemed to be spouting as a defensive reflex. But, she did make a mental note of the 'blood is a magical liquid and the crystal is the heart' thing. Perhaps that was from some kind of myth she didn't know about? "I'll do some in-depth research tonight." Elizabet announced, ready to leave unless someone had something else to say.

HunterOfEvil

Post#256 » 09 Jul 2017 15:29

Killian raised a contemplative eyebrow at Ajjran's explanation. It kinda make sense. He tapped Rose's shoulder and thought, Can you tell them I say that makes sense? He turned to Elizabet and make some sign-language-like motions, thinking for Rose to repeat. If the snakes were alive, then they would be living from magic. The crystal is the strongest point of magic on its body, and maybe it pulses magic through the snake, like a bloodstream. All other forces of life work in a similar way. Why not the stone snakes?
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

leniphant

Post#257 » 18 Jul 2017 20:05

Zen tilted her head in acquiescence as Elizabet pouted, "No. That's off the table. We are not smashing Anguis." Ajjrana shifted slightly, catching Zen's eye. The woman shook her head slightly; Elizabet noticed it as well and spoke, "Ajjrana, perhaps you have an idea you'd like to share? You seem to disagree with Zen's theory." “A human is b-b-built with a tenthhh part of b-b-blood. Magi-cal liquid d-d-designed to carry life ac-cross the body. The c-crystal is most d-d-definitely the equ-equivalent of a heart. I c-c-can’t see any other ex-planation. You’re more likely to know thththan me, affffter all, this is sssssupposed to be your fffffield of ex-pertise. What insssight do you ex-expect ffffrom me?” Ajjrana replied, her voice heavy with sarcasm. "Well, we seem to have different cultural backgrounds, so I thought perhaps you would have a different idea. I'll do some in-depth research tonight." Elizabet responded coolly. Killian moved, tapping his sister's shoulder before twisting his hands at Elizabet. Zen narrowed her eye a bit, trying to understand what the boy was trying to say. "Elizabet, can you get those pink shards of crystal out? From the snakes? Then we can connect them to Killian's and don't have to wait around for Rose to translate." Zen suggested, leaning forward abruptly.
Not all those who wander are lost. - J. R. R. Tolkien

WischMeLuck

Post#258 » 18 Jul 2017 20:12

Elizabet nodded. "Good idea." She praised, sorting through the crystals to pick out the pink one. "I'm afraid I don't have enough for everyone. Zen, I believe you have the shards from the other snakes?" She inquired, raising and eyebrow at the mercenary. She found the pink shard and held in between two fingers, focusing on Killian. Hello? Can you hear me?" Elizabet thought to him, her touch activating the pink crystal.

HunterOfEvil

Post#259 » 18 Jul 2017 21:08

Killian recoiled as Elizabet spoke to him through the crystal. He paused and processed for a moment, then replied, This might be the first time I've spoken to someone with a crystal, other than Rose. A first for everything I suppose. Hi there. He gave a little wave as he thought. His thought voice was deeper than expected, harsher, and more worn, with a hint of sarcastic sadness in it as well.

smartdevon

Post#260 » 18 Jul 2017 21:28

Rose
"Killian agrees with the magic blood idea. I do too." I piped up.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09