Maybe
13%
Seems too much like GA
13%
Total votes: 8

THE_BUTLER00

Unmei Gakuin (Interest Check)

Post#1 » 05 Jun 2017 04:40

Okay, before we go any further, this may be similar to Geschichte Academy, but It's just an interest check.

You would be in a world where magic and science work together, and the strongest/smartest children are taken from their homes at the finish of Middle School, and taken to an academy known as Unmei Gakuin, a private school in Japan. Here, the learning system has been divided into four categories. Magical Arts, Academics, Combat, and Technological. Each of these have five sub-classes.

[+] Magical Arts
Damage Spells
Defense Spells
Potions/Alchemy
Enchanting
Familiars (Ao No Exorcist style)

[+] Academics
Math
Science
Languages
History
Driver's Ed.

[+] Combat
Close Combat Battles
Ranged Battles
Weaponsmithing
Dodging and Countering
Improvised Weapons

[+] Technological
Robotics
Hacking
Bombs
Gunsmithing
Mech Battles

The school is supposed to be human only, so if you aren't human, you better have a way to hide it. Power is to be gained as you go through the years of school, not instantly, so you would probably start off sort-off weak, and get stronger as you pass through your eight years of training. The RP will follow a main plot and story line, but slots for character development arcs will be available.

So that's all, ask me if you have any questions.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

Wolfen

Post#2 » 05 Jun 2017 04:42

This sounds really awesome, once you have the details ironed out this should be awesome!
This moron is a moron

FUNYjk27

Post#3 » 05 Jun 2017 17:30

I think it sounds interesting enough to give it a try.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

smartdevon

Post#4 » 05 Jun 2017 17:56

It sounds like the school trains kids to be soldiers. Id be in
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

HunterOfEvil

Post#5 » 05 Jun 2017 18:00

Its very GA esk, but I'd give it a shot.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

WoodGreen

Post#6 » 05 Jun 2017 20:11

This sounds awesome! Especially as someone who missed out on GA
Last edited by WoodGreen on 05 Jun 2017 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
I'm with stupid
I
V

smartdevon

Post#7 » 05 Jun 2017 20:49

Id simply like to request that there be an exination for combat being auch a large part of the curriculum.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

THE_BUTLER00

Post#8 » 05 Jun 2017 21:29

smartdevon wrote:Qr Bbpost Id simply like to request that there be an exination for combat being auch a large part of the curriculum.

Yes, I can explain why Combat is a large part of the curriculum.

In this world, magic has returned thanks to a godlike creature who has called itself "The Darkness". The Darkness rose an army of mythical creatures and monsters in an attack against humanity. The separate nations of the world tried their hardest to fight The Darkness's army, and still are, though they are running low on fighters, which is why most nations have agreed to "The Sahara Pacts" (Named after where it was held, upon a jet in the Sahara Desert) The pact stated that after children of A) Immense strength/agility B) Higher than average intelligence or C) Belonged to wealthy families, would be sent to study and train at a school in Japan (Japan had oddly enough never been attacked by The Darkness's army). This is why Combat and Magic are such big parts of the curriculum, as to train them to fight the Darkness's army.

I hope this has answered you question. :D
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#9 » 05 Jun 2017 21:50

THE_BUTLER00 wrote:Qr Bbpost
smartdevon wrote:Qr Bbpost Id simply like to request that there be an exination for combat being auch a large part of the curriculum.

Yes, I can explain why Combat is a large part of the curriculum.

In this world, magic has returned thanks to a godlike creature who has called itself "The Darkness". The Darkness rose an army of mythical creatures and monsters in an attack against humanity. The separate nations of the world tried their hardest to fight The Darkness's army, and still are, though they are running low on fighters, which is why most nations have agreed to "The Sahara Pacts" (Named after where it was held, upon a jet in the Sahara Desert) The pact stated that after children of A) Immense strength/agility B) Higher than average intelligence or C) Belonged to wealthy families, would be sent to study and train at a school in Japan (Japan had oddly enough never been attacked by The Darkness's army). This is why Combat and Magic are such big parts of the curriculum, as to train them to fight the Darkness's army.

I hope this has answered you question. :D

Clearly, even The Darkness knows that Japan gets attacked enough by monsters as it is.

Anyways, i'd be willing to join.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya