The Dreamscape 2

smartdevon

The Dreamscape 2

Post#1 » 14 Jun 2017 04:45

Tech can do amazing things. And while it's still a new concept, it can now peer into our minds, to enter our dreams. You recently got a job as a dream diver for a small freelance company. Dream divers can alter mental states and repair damage done to the mind. Your received a job offer, diving into the mind of a hospital patient, and waking him up from a coma. You're being paid quite a lot.

APP
Name:
Personality:
Backstory: (this can be fairly basic. You're all normal humans)
Fears: (required at least 1, characters can have fears they dont know about)
Love: (who or what does your character love?)
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fatal Flaw: (this is a flaw in your character's personality. It can be something like greed, or paranioa, or pride,
Appearance:

Rules
Humans only, this is earth
No quarreling
No returning characters
All characters must be original
All characters are co-workers at the start of the roleplay. You know each other You got hired together

You dont have to have been in the dreamscape 1 to understand this

This is a short length roleplay, maybe a month long
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

THE_BUTLER00

The Dreamscape 2

Post#2 » 16 Jun 2017 23:53

Name: Meino Hoffmann
Personality: Meino is an intelligent young man, but he lacks in most emotions, except for nervous tendencies and a shy demeanor.
Backstory: Meino Hoffmann had a rather regular childhood, except for the constant physical abuse from his mother, Jolan Hoffmann. When he was eight, his father, Hanno Hoffmann, took him and fled in the night, moving them from their home in Hanover, Germany to Cardiff, Wales. He later went to college and majored in English Literature. Two years ago he was caught in a car accident that took his left arm, and caused him an immense fear of vehicles (called Ochophobia).
Fears: Zoophobia (Exceptions include: Mice, Rats, Guinea Pigs, Hamsters, Gerbils, and Rabbits), Ochophobia (Developed after Car Crash), Fear of making bonds or trusting people (Developed after the loss of his Father)
Love: He has a deep love and respect for his late father, who helped him with his mother's abuse.
Strengths: He's smart, knowing a lot about English and German Literatures.
Weaknesses: He's not much of a fighter, and can have nervous breakdowns/PTSD attacks at any moment. He also tends to get Phantom Limb Syndrome, complaining about pains in his non-existent arm.
Fatal Flaw: He has troubles trusting people after his father's passing.
Appearance: Meino has short black hair and green eyes, which he keeps behind a pair of thick rimmed black reading glasses. He is 5'6" and weighs 144 pounds. He tends to wear green long-sleeved turtleneck sweaters, with khaki slacks and brown moccasins.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

smartdevon

The Dreamscape 2

Post#3 » 17 Jun 2017 00:06

Accepted!
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Astriani

The Dreamscape 2

Post#4 » 18 Jun 2017 05:35

Name: Mercedes Corredor
Personality: Mercedes is certainly a character. She's the type to never stop talking. Once she gets on a subject that she really likes, oh man. She's perky and intelligent, even if she easily gets flustered.
Backstory: Mercedes has been around computers and mechanical things all her life. She never got out of her house much because all the fun was inside. Her family, who weren't poor at all, always supported her in her mechanical endeavors and let her dream big because hey, the world's a small place. But she taught herself most everything to computers and devices. Some people would call her a hacker, while she considers herself a "Unqualified Technician of the Mechanical Kind."
Fears: Her biggest fear is failure, the fear of not being able to solve something or fix something. She also has a fear of silence, to which she can't sleep or be in a room without some sort of noise, whether it be the hum of circuits or music. Also, the fear of messing up her languages because she's bilingual.
Love: Of course, she loves anything mechanical and that can be tampered with, but she also loves music. As for people, she's never really been the loving type but she does love her family.
Strengths: Anything that she can get her hands on that is mechanical, she can probably break into it and make it better in record time.
Weaknesses: Her interaction isn't really her thing. Machines are easier to communicate with. She gets angered easily and jealous if someone's better than her at something.
Fatal Flaw: She never really learned how to accpet failure. If something goes wrong, she beats herself up for it and never really gets past it.
Appearance: 5'7, 112 lbs. She's a Latina, so she has very tan skin and dark brown hair with bleached ends, along with large brown eyes that she hides behind red, thick framed glasses. Her style is very preppy, with a lot of colors and patterns. She has a black bag that she keeps with her that contains screwdrivers, pliers, and all sorts of stuff.
Let's just all pretend I know what I'm doing, okay?

smartdevon

The Dreamscape 2

Post#5 » 18 Jun 2017 13:44

Accepted! I like the unique character.

leniphant

The Dreamscape 2

Post#6 » 18 Jun 2017 21:05

Name: Silver Reid

Personality: Reid is a bit sarcastic and cynical due to her experiences during the war. She is a big fan of ‘tough love’ and tends to be very blunt and honest. However, she can be very compassionate towards her patients. Reid has an unadulterated passion for learning and has a hidden childlike curiosity.

Backstory: Reid was born to a relatively normal family and had a fun childhood. She was always extraordinarily curious and it became apparent at a young age that Reid was extremely smart. She flew through school and university, completing a Masters in Computer Science and a Doctorate in Cybersecurity by age 18. Once out of college, she decided to join the military and spent 4 years as a sniper with the army. Reid’s time in battle gave her a maturity and experience that was otherwise lacking, so when she was honorably discharged with 47 confirmed kills on her record, she went back to school. Again, Reid raced through medical school and became a certified doctor a year later, and had now worked at a prestigious hospital for about a year.

Fears: Snakes – she recognizes this as irrational but cannot help the activation of her sympathetic nervous system

Love: Her patients (especially the strong fighters); Computers (hacking, coding, and all sorts of programming is her stress-relief hobby); Her parents

Strengths: Expert marksman; Amazing doctor; Genius

Weaknesses: Often lacks tact; Interacts best with dying/sick people; Completely ignores any niceties of social interaction

Fatal Flaw: Impatience – she has no patience for cowards, idiots, whiny people, etc. or for inaction

Appearance: Reid has fierce gray eyes and short brown hair. She is fairly tall, about 5 feet 11 inches, and is lean and wiry. She has a scar on her left cheekbone where a bullet grazed her face. She normally wears gray pants and a dark green t-shirt, as well as sturdy black boots. Overtop of all that, Reid wears a long white doctor’s lab coat. At her waist is a gun in its holster, which she always has with her except when she goes to work, then she leaves the gun at the door.
Not all those who wander are lost. - J. R. R. Tolkien

smartdevon

The Dreamscape 2

Post#7 » 18 Jun 2017 21:27

Accepted! We'll begin either tommorow or when someone else joins. Whichever comes first

HunterOfEvil

The Dreamscape 2

Post#8 » 18 Jun 2017 23:16

Name: Jeremiah King
Personality: Jeremiah is popular among his co-workers for his optimistic, perky exterior, and his dark, brooding "work mode". When concentrating hard on a project, especially a difficult one, he goes generally quiet and harsh. Outside of work or when with new people, he is generally very personable and hospitable, as is known to be a cheerful and open conversationalist. He also has a very sly, flirtatious side with ladies he fancies, though in their presence he usually tones his inappropriate bantering down to a cocky grin and some sly comments, but is otherwise a complete gentleman.
Backstory: One of the most notable things about Jeremiah is his lack of memory from his life under the age of 12. He claims he awoke one day as a full grown teenager and never had a childhood. He has no family to speak of, but is actively looking for a romantic partner.
Fears: Jeremiah has an undiscovered fear of acid and lava, or anything that can melt solid objects quickly. He also gets extremely nervous when dealing with open flames.
Love: Jeremiah loves people, especially people who don't like him. He enjoys the challenge of slowly adapting himself to get people to break and finally enjoy his presence, though he does not do so with deceitful intent. He has a hobby of tinkering with cars, and working out at gyms. He also has a secret love of war horses.
Strengths: Jeremiah has powerful physical strength, and is good with big machines (cars, factories, hospital equipment, etc), diplomacy, and just being a gentleman.
Weaknesses: As mentioned earlier, he doesn't do well with acid and fire. He makes up for his power with a lack of agility, and a bit of clumsiness (which he sometimes uses to make himself more charming).
Fatal Flaw: He is prideful and sports self-assurance to a fault. He sometimes misjudges the difficulty of things in an effort to show off and to be approved by others.
Appearance: Jeremiah is 6'1" with golden brown skin. He has red-brown short spiky hair, handsome green eyes, masterfully toned muscles, a square jaw, and a charming smile. He wears a grey-blue short-sleeved shirt that shows off his muscles, dark blue jeans, grey and black sleeveless zip-up hoodie. He also does keep a Swiss army knife hidden in his pocket.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

smartdevon

The Dreamscape 2

Post#9 » 19 Jun 2017 00:07

Accepted; We begin now.

August 4th, 2017; 2:15 am
Portland Oregon

The group arrives at a small community hospital in Oregon. The team was used to night diving, that is when people sleep, but this was a still a little late for a job. The company had only been in operation for a few months, and consisted of only a gandful of members. The job they were on tonight was for a man named Wayne Clover. The hospital was very small, and clearly didnt have enough funding. The door was unlocked but there was no receptionist. However Wayne assured them that the badges he'd sent them would allow them to get where they needed to be. Currently they were supposed to be heading for room 106.

Astriani

The Dreamscape 2

Post#10 » 19 Jun 2017 02:01

"Room 106, correct?" Mercedes Corredor tapped her fingernails against her arms impatiently, biting her lip softly. Her eyes darted around the place, examining every detail. "Dios mío (my goodness), it is bad condition. Are you certain these badges are all we need? We might need a few workers or something to get this place patched up." She chuckled, her Spanish accent prevalent. She stretched upwards then crossed her arms, continuing to walk.
Let's just all pretend I know what I'm doing, okay?