Stories of Rim - Rebirth

leniphant

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#11 » 04 Aug 2017 04:04

Leila gritted her teeth against the biting wind. Geez, why did it have to be so cold? At least this was something new, different from the extensive questioning she had undergone. It had been hard, if not impossible, to keep track of her different stories and the various officials and doctors didn't seem to like it when she told them she was deathly allergic to peanuts, then ate a PB&J sandwich the next day. She couldn't even remember half the things she had said to the colonels or captains or generals or whatever they were. Leila hopped nimbly over the outstretched feet of the tiny black-haired girl and threw herself into the seat next to her. She forced the hood off of her head, and her blue hair sprung out in a massive cloud around her head. The humidity had really done a number on her curls; they stood out about a half-foot around her whole head. “Shuttle 12-A, your launch is delayed. There will be a gap in the weather soon, but for now hold tight, complete safety procedures and wait for further orders, over.” The radio crackled, and Leila groaned dramatically. “Strap in and get comfy, we’re likely to be stuck here for a while. You wouldn’t believe how long a storm can last here.” One of the soldiers announced, and she groaned again. "My name's Mina Satuso. Pleasure to meet you and all that. And you guys are?" The tiny girl spoke up. "I," Leila announced loudly as she wrestled her rain jacket off, "am the great Duchess Leila of Fairport. And I," She sniffed regally, having managed to bundle the jacket up and toss it at her feet, "really don't like rain." She frowned, her blue eyebrows drawing over her dark eyes, and she reached up to pat her hair in an attempt of some sort of respectability.
Last edited by leniphant on 04 Aug 2017 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
Not all those who wander are lost. - J. R. R. Tolkien

Astriani

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#12 » 04 Aug 2017 05:34

The weather was nothing new to Flux. He had been in a lot of bad snowstorms back on Lolyn and well, a little rain never hurt anyone. Plus, the air was fresh and clean, a new smell from the musty barracks and questioning rooms. Why did they ask so many questions, anyways? Flux thought himself to be a pretty easy going guy but man, were they annoying. Where did you come from, who are you related to, your skills, previous lovers (that, he laughed off) but they asked far too many questions. The isolation didn't bother him, though. Flux plopped down in the seat next to the blue-haired girl (he loved her hair. Maybe he would tell her later.) and brushed away some of her curls from his face. The girl, lithe and with black hair, was the first to speak, followed by the pretty blue-haired one. He smirked at her last comment and ran his hand through his white hair, flicking rain drops off of the tips. "Why not? I'd think the rain is a nice break from everything goin' on." He paused, then added. "Flux Atticus, seeming as we're workin' together from here."
Let's just all pretend I know what I'm doing, okay?

sammy7575

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#13 » 04 Aug 2017 15:58

Laros

Laros makes his way up to the shuttle, wearing nothing but a pair of jogging bottoms and a tank top. He steps into the shuttle and slicks back his dripping wet, knowing the humidity of the shuttle would soon dry him. Man how he hated rain, on his planet they never had rain, it was always hot, and he liked that. He makes his way to the back of the shuttle and stops in front of the girl who has her legs up "get out of my way" he says to her, making sure his Assassin Covenant tattoos are in display as intimidation.

leniphant

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#14 » 04 Aug 2017 16:53

A young man sat down next to Leila and she gave him a quick once over. He was pretty attractive actually, with stunning icy blue eyes. "Why not? I'd think the rain is a nice break from everything goin' on. Flux Atticus, seeming as we're workin' together from here." He asked, running his hand through his wet hair. Leila followed the motion with a faint look of envy on her face, before raising a wry eyebrow at Flux. "Why not?" Leila repeated, then jabbed a finger at the wild cloud around her face. "That's why! It's gonna take me forever to tame this, especially after it dries and floofs up even more!" Leila complained. "Get out of my way." Leila looked up to see a tall, brown-haired young man glaring at Mina's outstretched legs. His arms were bared due to his tank top, and a plethora of tattoos covered his tan skin. He seemed to be trying to intimidate Mina with them. "Oh wow!" Leila exclaimed, and jumped up, grabbing the young man's arm. "Nice ink!" She complimented, tracing a thumb over the tattoos before beaming up into his face. "Where'd you get them? Do they have any sort of special meaning? I did mine myself!" Leila winked her right eye, bringing attention to the six colorful stars marked on her skin. [color=#0090FCE]"They represent each one of my sibling! Can you guess who the blue one is for?"[/color] With a broad grin, Leila let go of the man's arm and plopped back into her seat. "Come on, sit down and tell us your name. Mina, Flux and I already introduced ourselves; it's only fair that you do to!" Leila ordered cheerfully. It was nice to have people other than prissy, stick-up-their-butts army officials to talk to.

sammy7575

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#15 » 04 Aug 2017 17:09

Laros

The blue haired girl jumps up and grabs his arm, taking a look at his tattoos and enquiring about them. He may as well answer, the last thing he needs is more enemies. "They're the mark of a group of assassins on my planet rebelling against the corrupt government" he explains in a gruff tone. "The dragon is my rank in the assassins, dragon is basically master assassin I guess? And the small markings around the dragon are my kills". He points towards the dozens of lightning shaped marks around the dragon. "Names Laros by the way".

Astriani

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#16 » 04 Aug 2017 17:30

Flux chuckled at Leila's excitement and comments, also at the expression on Laros's, the new guy, face. Assassin, hmm? He would probably be drafted like himself, and that was quite interesting. "Impressive, by the very least. We have quite the colorful group here." Flux messed with his hair again and within a minute, fixed it back to it's normal, spiky state. He unconsciously ran a hand over the scar on his jaw to his neck, then crossed his arms over his chest, listening.

leniphant

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#17 » 04 Aug 2017 18:19

Leila listened intently, as the green-eyed man explained his tattoos, "They're the mark of a group of assassins on my planet rebelling against the corrupt government. The dragon is my rank in the assassins, dragon is basically master assassin I guess? And the small markings around the dragon are my kills. Names Laros by the way". Leila let out a low whistle at the sight of the tons of lightning marks around the dragon. Geez, this guy must be pretty dangerous. Better to befriend him than to make an enemy of him, she decided, and therefore plastered a friendly grin on her face, batting her eyelashes slightly. "Well, I'm glad you're with us, Laros! With a big, strong guy like you on our side, we'll have no trouble at all!" "Impressive, by the very least. We have quite the colorful group here." Flux added with a chuckle. The motion of Flux's hand brought Leila's attention to the scar on his cheek; she leaned closer and reached out to touch it with light fingertips. "Oh dang, Flux, now that's a sweet scar. Where'd you get it? Bar fight? Space pirates? Eaten by an alien?" Leila's grin grew broader and more teasing the more ridiculous her suggestions became.

WischMeLuck

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#18 » 04 Aug 2017 21:02

Mina smirked, winked, and otherwise acknowledged Flux and Leila. They certainly seemed like good people. Perhaps they wouldn't just slow her down in...whatever it was they were going to be doing for the military. The other guy, Laros, however... "Ooooh, an assassin! I'm sooo scared! How am I to deal with such terror?" She mocked in a child-like voice, stretching her legs even further. Then, she stuck out her tongue at Laros, laughed, and turned back to the other two. At the mention of Flux's scar, Mina piped up once more. "I know someone who had a scar like that. It went further up to his eye though. I'm pretty sure he's dead now." She remarked.

Astriani

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#19 » 04 Aug 2017 21:55

Flux gently pushed away Leila's hand, his skin almost white next to hers. He glanced to the side, his icy eyes almost uncertain. These people...he could easily trust the girls. But Laros was interesting, to say the least. He supposed there was no reason not to tell him, so he played off his uncertainty with a half-smirk. "Childhood, back on Sem-planet Smiea-T56. Things were rough back then, y'know, fighting for the necessities. I got caught up in the middle of fight, received this lovely mark. It really brings out my eyes, don't cha think?" He playfully batted his eyes like how royalty might. He laughed and leaned back in his chair. "I've tried to make it fade but it seems to like me."

sammy7575

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#20 » 04 Aug 2017 21:59

Laros

He listens to flux explaining and raises his eyebrow slightly. "Nothing wrong with a good scar, it could even be considered intimidating, which could come in handy" he replies