Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Verum-Ingenium

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#31 » 16 Aug 2017 14:31

Unfortunately I don't have time to post, and I will not be able to for the next week. Thanks for everything and I be back as soon as I can.

Verum-Ingenium

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#32 » 25 Aug 2017 00:15

The shuttle glided across the horizon. The silence of the void beyond the steel walls of the vessel enveloped the air. A beautiful surreal scene of the moon below was visible out of the window. The terrestrial construct was dressed in the torrent weather patterns.

Out of the opposite window a shape appeared. Sliding along side the shuttle. A ship many times larger than the shuttle. Its massive engines were lit lightly in a halo of fiery blue as they fired test protocols. A sleek body of medical white shielding slipped by.

The shuttle altered course. Its 360 thrusters pulsing it back it into a docking bay. One of the soldiers stood up, stretched and proceeded towards the shuttled door. Patiently he waited for the hiss of air locks before he twisted a latch to unlock the door.

WischMeLuck

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#33 » 25 Aug 2017 12:16

Mina clapped her hands together. "Well, it looks like we're here!" She exclaimed, unbuckling her harness and springing up onto her feet. She reached up, stretching her shoulders, then with a satisfied 'Hmph' marched on over to the soldier waiting by the door, which was taking forever to open. "Can't you hurry it up of something?" She asked imperiously, staring at the door with a frown on her face. Finally, the air lock hissed and the soldier unlocked the door, "Great. Let's go and see what awaits us!" She proclaimed, then pushed (or pulled, whatever it is) on the door to open it.

Astriani

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#34 » 26 Aug 2017 16:37

Flux stood up, staring out in awe at the ship next to the shuttle. "Oh, look at that beauty!" He was practically drooling over it until the shuttle turned and docked into the bay. He pouted a bit, going over to the door and waiting patiently for the women to leave first. "Ladies first," He winked at Leila.
Let's just all pretend I know what I'm doing, okay?

Verum-Ingenium

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#35 » 02 Sep 2017 16:23

The door popped out and up. Revealing a small entry way resting next to the docked ship. On the far side of the entry way was a large glass wall, the barrier between the air locked docking bay and the rest of the Transcendence.

The guard staying on the ship called after his buddy to bring some food if he could find any, and the other guard stepped off the ship herding the rest of the group toward the glass wall. The floor was made of clean gloss white tile that had been perfectly laid. While the docking bay interior was gray, across the glass the walls were white matching the floor.

The only part of the glass wall that wasn't transparent was the door. The obstruction delayed the guard as he swiped an I.D. card and waited for clearance to be granted.

Something caught the new comers' eyes. Sitting on the far side of the glass was a man reading. He wore a white washed lab coat with a blue sweater underneath. His entire frame was thin and wiry like a twig. He wasn't a tall individual, maybe barely reaching the average height. Thin glasses rested on his sharp nose. He had no hair on his head, but a light mustache and wide goatee was sprouting from his chin. Something was wrong with the back of his skull, but the angle wouldn't let anyone see what the issue was.

The door finally cleared, and the guard ushered the four through the glass before standing at attention in front of the man.

The individual quickly raised a finger, not looking up from the book. The motion was calm, but precise. It was an order, but done in the most polite way.

Wait a moment.

WischMeLuck

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#36 » 04 Sep 2017 12:45

Mina strolled off the shuttle and followed the guard up to the door. While she waited for the door to open, she looked around the blank room and sarcastically mused, "I love what you've done with the place. The decorations are really spot on." Eventually the door opened and Mina walked through it, turning to face the funny looking bald man. He calmly raised his finger in a wait a moment gesture and Mina's eyes immediately narrowed and a pout formed on her lips. "Wait a moment? Excuse you. I've come from ages away to that moon, dealt with stupid questions for weeks and flew all the way to this huge ship. And now you want me to wait! What could possibly be so very important that I have to wait? You better be saving or taking lives over there." She exclaimed, quite upset. She didn't really do well with being nonchalantly told to wait.

Astriani

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#37 » 04 Sep 2017 23:46

Flux followed after Mina, stretching his arms as he walked and observed the scenery. "I'd have to say it's looking nice, but I can't say I understand the taste in excessive glass. That is honestly a terrible idea." He smirked slyly, the smile fading when the group came face to face with a stranger. He was awfully polite for their supposed leader. Maybe there was something he was hiding? Flux couldn't tell, even with his years of experience on the streets. He gently placed a hand on Mina's shoulder. "It's best we wait, lest we wish to be blown into a million star bits." He winked.
Let's just all pretend I know what I'm doing, okay?

sammy7575

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#38 » 05 Sep 2017 00:05

Laros

Laros walks slowly behind the group as they make their way over to the door, eyeing up his surroundings and checking for any escape routes, he needed an escape if anything went wrong. He makes his way into the room behind the others and notices the frail man in the corner, catching his attention. "I suggest you calm down" He says to Mina after her small outburst. "He doesn't seem like someone you would want to be on the wrong side of".

leniphant

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#39 » 05 Sep 2017 19:41

Leila let out a snort as Mina smirked haughtily, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she said, "Very impressive Mr. Assassin. Consider me amazed by your ability to be an idiot." As Laros slowly got to his feet, the small shuttle floated past a massive, sleek white ship, its engines glowing with blue fire. "Oh, look at that beauty!" Flux commented. For once, Leila was struck speechless and only stared. She jolted as the air locks hissed, yanking her away from the sight outside. Hastily, Leila unclipped her harness and got up to follow Mina. The other girl was waiting impatiently behind the soldier, "Well, it looks like we're here! Can't you hurry it up of something?" In response, the soldier twisted the latch to open the door and Mina pushed through with an imperious, "Great. Let's go and see what awaits us!" "Ladies first," Flux gestured towards Leila, and she grinned, sashaying past him. "Why thank you, kind sir!"

Leila made her way into the entry way, peering curiously through the glass that separated the hall from the rest of the ship. "I love what you've done with the place. The decorations are really spot on." Mina commented sarcastically on the blandly white and gray interior. "I'd have to say it's looking nice, but I can't say I understand the taste in excessive glass. That is honestly a terrible idea." Flux smirked in agreement. As the guard waited for the door to be cleared, Leila pressed her face up against the glass to stare in at the man in the corner. He reminded her of a rat. "I once saw a rat that was as big as me." She commented offhandedly. She pulled back from the glass as the door opened, then followed everyone through. The soldier stood at attention before the rat-man, who held a finger for them to wait. "Wait a moment? Excuse you. I've come from ages away to that moon, dealt with stupid questions for weeks and flew all the way to this huge ship. And now you want me to wait! What could possibly be so very important that I have to wait? You better be saving or taking lives over there." Mina immediately flipped out and Flux and Laros jumped to calm her down. "It's best we wait, lest we wish to be blown into a million star bits." "I suggest you calm down. He doesn't seem like someone you would want to be on the wrong side of." Leila giggled at the outburst, fishing out a pair of dog-tags out of her pocket. They clinked together as she swung them around, letting them wrap and unwrap around her fingers. "I'm someone you don't wanna be on the wrong side of." Leila hummed cheerily and began to wander away in search of a hallway to explore.
Not all those who wander are lost. - J. R. R. Tolkien

WischMeLuck

Stories of Rim - Rebirth

Post#40 » 05 Sep 2017 20:25

Mina hesitated as both Flux and Laros warned her away. Had she overreacted? No. That was impossible, she was completely in the right. Even so, Mina supposed maybe she shouldn't get into into an argument with somebody who seemed to be a superior. Her experience with the Syndicate certainly indicated it was a bad idea. Min sighed and brushed Flux's hand off her shoulder. "Yeah, yeah, okay." She grumbled, then slunk back to a safer distance from the reading man, still aggravated, but clearly defeated.