The Starlight Hotel

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1031 » 18 Jan 2018 19:08

"No..." Syoku got out. Someone had died on his watch... again. He wanted to punch a wall nearby, but stopped himself. Bloody knuckles would not help right now... and especially not a broken Wizard Ring.

Eleonore held back a gasp, attempting to continue concealing herself.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1032 » 18 Jan 2018 19:11

Serene was in the lobby, completely unaware

Stephanie had followed after her father and gotten to the treasure room just a moment later to let out a small scream of surprise which she stifled the best she could. The officer was already on the phone in the entry room. "I want you two to tell me everything you observed." Detective Crow said to Walter and Syoku. "Any sounds you thought you might've heard, any bird that passed by the window in the hallway, anything." The detective said.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1033 » 18 Jan 2018 19:15

"I don't recall anything but silence, sir." Syoku responded. If only he had a Memory Ring like his master did... He'd be able to figure out what happened. Sadly, even with his own absurd mana supplies, he'd be exetremely exhausted after TRYING to use one...
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1034 » 18 Jan 2018 19:18

"Nothing." The detective repeated. "Steph." The detective said finally noticing his daughter. "I want you to close the doors and go into the hallway for thirty seconds, I'm going to call your name, tell me if you can hear me."
"Um... alright." Stephanie agreed. She closed the treasure rooms door, the detective waited ten seconds. "STEPHANIE" He called. No response. Stephanie re-entered shortly after.
"I didn't hear anything." She reported.
"Soundproof walls." The detective confirmed.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1035 » 18 Jan 2018 19:28

"Damn it all..." Syoku muttered. He looked down at a single ring that he pulled from his pocket. It looked like his spell rings, being circular with a silver base and an orange gem. A design resembling his helmet's face sat over the gem. A ring he had used to restore hope into many people... He forced his own feelings of despair back using some of his magic combined with the ring. There was no indication of any of this happening, so his identity was safe.

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1036 » 18 Jan 2018 19:43

Stephanie sent a text message to her brother. A few more cops entered the treasure room, one of them was taking photos. "I'll have the bodies taken in for autopsies as soon as possible." Detective Crow said as he examined the left wall. "Donavan said that Ms Wright came in through a secret door." He noticed some scuff marks on the floor in the corner and pushed on that part of the wall. revealing a custodial closet with a sink and shelves of cleaning products. "Guess this isnt totally a locked room mystery. Thats good for you two" The detective said to Syoku and Walter. The crime scene photographer snapped a few pictures of it.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1037 » 18 Jan 2018 20:17

"Why... Why did this have to happen..." Syoku said, anger evident in his voice. Wyvern was confused as to how it happened, rather than using Syoku's despair and anger to attempt to break free.

Syoku... Do you think magic may have been involved?

Potentially, but there are clearly loads of entrances to this room. It could've just as likely had been a common person.

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1038 » 22 Jan 2018 21:03

"Our suspects are limited to you two and anyone who knew about the secret entrance." Detetive Crow said. "If only we'd had time to questionms Wright." He muttered. "This leaves us in a sticky situation, The safe is untouched, so we still need to wait out the night to see if The Shadow shows up. However..." The detective sighed. "I'm going to need to ring you two in for questioning."
"I don't think that will be quite necessary father." The voice belonged to Terrance Crow, who'd just entered the room. "Stephanie got me up to speed in a text message. You seem to be forgetting about the security cameras the police set up in the hallways." We can take a quick look at those to confirm their innocence." Terrance pointed out.
"Should I get the footage?" Stephanie asked. Detective Crow considered it.
"Yes." He answered. "The more suspects we eliminate the better."

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1039 » 22 Jan 2018 21:55

Syoku had no intention on spending a night in a cell or being interrogated, so this was a relief. He said nothing however.

THE_BUTLER00

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1040 » 23 Jan 2018 03:17

Andy came out of the 18th floor elevator with a cart of clean linen sheets and pillows. "Something going on?" He asled, his eyes darting from face to face.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)