The Starlight Hotel

THE_BUTLER00

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1 » 11 Aug 2017 00:23

Welcome, to the Starlight Hotel! You are an employee here, and cater to the needs of the guests who visit this lovely 5 Diamond hotel in Montreal, Canada. You all work for the owner, Barnaby Wallace. He's a kind old man who tend to hire unique people, and even offers to protects their secrets. But just as the employees have secrets, the Hotel and its owner have secrets too, and just like he guards his employees secrets, the he's told no one the hotel's secrets. What mysteries does this hotel hold? perhaps you can find out.

Rules:
1: General Rules Apply
2: This RP is taking more of a mystery theme to it, but as Devon said, fighting in an RP is eventually inevitable, so the rule on no OP characters still stands.
3: No Meta-Gaming, it just isn't fun.
4: We will be allowing custom storyarcs later on after the RP gets rolling, but it should be noted that we wish to keep theses arcs close to the hotel, don't stray too far, we have a business to run here after all.

Apps:

Name:
Job:
Description:
Backstory (optional):
Personality:
Flaws:
Appearance:
Talents:
Fears:
Hobbies:
Other (optional):
Favorite Dessert:

[+] My Apps
Name: Barnaby "The Owner" Wallace
Age: Nobody knows, but he looks in his late 50s early 60s
Job: Owner
Description: The Owner's been running this hotel for a very long time, some people can't remember a time when he wasn't running the hotel.
Backstory: ???
Personality: He's a kind old man, always smiling and laughing.
Flaws: He's a forgetful old man, and will often come into a room two or three times before remembering what he was doing.
Appearance: The owner is a rather short, round, old man with a grey moustache and a kind (though wrinkled) face. He has big brown eyes, and his head is always covered by a bowler hat, which he states is there because he's going bald. He wears a black vest over top a white button-up and black slacks.
Talents: He's a very successful business man and has ran the hotel a long time. He also knows how to make a mean cup of coffee.
Fears: Most people would think he doesn't have any fears.
Hobbies: Whistling, Making puns and jokes (even though they aren't very good), Reminiscing about the past.
Other: He's basically everyone's grandpa.
Favorite dessert: Tiramisu Cake

Name: Andrew "Andy" McLawst
Job: Room Service/Room Cleaner
Description: Andy is a Ghoul, which means he eats human flesh, which the Owner helps him procure when needed (Via suicide victims and John Does at the morgue)
Backstory (optional):
Personality: Andy is lighthearted and cheery, he likes where he works and likes that it provides free living.
Flaws: Bloodthirst - If a Ghoul goes without a meal for too long, they get into a mode where they will attack anything for a meal. Glutton - After going into a Bloodthirst fit, he then goes into a Feeding Frenzy and can't stop eating.
Appearance: Andy has stark white hair, which he says he got from a lack of pigmentation in his hair. He wears the outfit that most men wear at the Starlight Hotel, a black vest over a white button-up and black slacks.
Talents: He's an incredible runner, swimmer, and can speak English, French, Latin, and Korean.
Fears: He is afraid of himself, what he becomes when he hasn't eaten in a while. He also fears children, specifically little girls.
Hobbies: Running, Swimming, Reading, Napping in the boiler room.
Other (optional): He despises anything sticky.
Favorite Dessert: He doesn't eat sweets.

Name: "Ren"
Age: He says he's 35, but there are pictures of him standing with the Owner when the hotel first opened, and he doesn't look a day older.
Job: Bartender
Description: Ren is an immortal spirit, attached to the hotel by for unknown reasons.
Backstory (optional): Not even Ren remembers his life before being at the Hotel.
Personality: Ren's a laid back person, and never takes anything seriously, not even death.
Flaws: He's bound to the Hotel, and can never leave. He is rather Indifferent and isn't very helpful. He's enjoys playing "games" with the patrons at the bar, which are usually rigged games that end with him gaining money and leaving the customer broke.
Appearance: Ren has long, dark black hair, and usually has an expressionless look on his face, his cold red eyes seem to pierce through the soul of anyone he's looking at. He to wears the same outfit as the others, but with the addition of a red tie.
Talents: Making drinks. He's musically gifted in vocals, drumming, keyboarding, and guitar/bass playing.
Fears: He's learned that fear doesn't really matter when you can't die. Though he still secretly fears scorpions and centipedes.
Hobbies: Making drinks at the bar, watching Full House reruns. Playing music.
Other (optional):
Favorite Dessert: Spiced Rum Cake.

Name: Edward "Big Ed" Flouts
Job: Security Guard
Description: Edward is blind, and sits in a chair by the door all day, and sleeps in the chair at night. He gets up twice a day to use the bathroom, and to get something to eat.
Backstory (optional):
Personality: Quiet, he almost never speaks, other than the "Hello" he says whenever someone says it to him first.
Flaws: He's blind...
Appearance: Fox has tan skin, red hair, and wears sunglasses. He wears a security guard uniform, which even has the Starlight Hotel logo on it.
Talents: Even though he's blind, he has super sensitive hearing, and can react in the blink on an eye.
Fears: He seems pretty fearless...
Hobbies: Sleeping. Humming 80's music.
Other (optional):
Favorite Dessert: Blueberry pie A la mode.

[+] Employee Directory
Aiden Ciric - Desk Clerk/Night Janitor - Astriani
Andrew McLawst - Room Service/ Housekeeping - THE_BUTLER00
Asta Vezra - Bartender - ChaySlays
Donovan Porter - Bellhop - smartdevon
Edward Flouts - Security Guard - THE_BUTLER00
Molly Sereva - Maid - HunterOfEvil
Nadia Ciric - Desk Clerk/Night Janitor - Astriani
Ren - Bartender - THE_BUTLER00
Serene Larier - Maid - smartdevon
Syoku Tsukino - Stage Magician - AceOfDeath Piplupm

P.S. : Devon is Co-Host
Last edited by THE_BUTLER00 on 11 Aug 2017 23:06, edited 3 times in total.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

FUNYjk27

The Starlight Hotel

Post#2 » 11 Aug 2017 01:04

I'll try and edit an app in here later tonight.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#3 » 11 Aug 2017 02:00

Name: Serene Larier
Job: Maid
Description: She's a fairy who's able to use magic to disguise herself as a human. In her fairy form shes 4 inches tall but and has pointed ears and fairy wings, but when she appears as a human she's just over five feet tall with normal ears and no wings in sight.
Backstory (optional):
Personality: She acts cheerful and bubbly and she's a real kiss up to the owner, but she's really mischievous and manipulative, acting innocent to get what she wants.
Flaws: selfish
[+] Appearance

Talents: Cleaning, Manipulation,
Fears: Drowning
Hobbies: Messing with her coworkers, watching anime in her room
Other (optional): She's constantly using magic to retain her human form, so when she gets especially exhausted from using a large amount of magic, she'll revert to her fairy form. She can do cool things with magic but its not super powerful.
Favorite Dessert: Creme Puffs

Name: Donavan Porter
Job: Bellhop
Description: Donovan is an rehabilitated ex-con, previously convicted of murder.
Backstory (optional): When he was fourteen, Donovan committed first degree murder. He killed a bully who'd been harassing him for a while and, under Canadian law, was sentenced to only four years in prison with one year of parole (Thanks to his age). During this time Donovan went under rehab, and came out a respectful citizen.
Personality: Friendly and outgoing, but with a violent temper. He's also a little immature, thanks to spending his teenage years isolated from society.
Flaws: Violent Temper
[+] Appearance

Talents: He's really good at card games, as that was his main form of recreation in prison.
Fears: Police
Hobbies: Reading and talking about books.
Other (optional):
Favorite Dessert: Chocolate
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

THE_BUTLER00

The Starlight Hotel

Post#4 » 11 Aug 2017 02:16

Both accepted Devon.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

ChaySlays

The Starlight Hotel

Post#5 » 11 Aug 2017 04:00

Name: Asta Vezra
Job: Bartender
Description: She was an assassin by the age of 14 and when she turned 17 she decided to put her skills up for sale to anyone with enough money and a grudge.
Backstory (optional): Orphaned at 7, lived alone ever since.
Personality: cold, bitter, uncaring... She seems purely heartless and occasionally rude. She has a bit of anger issues and has no qualms with killing anyone. She's highly intelligent, sarcastic at times, and is never anything less than intriguing. For anyone able to get past her outer shell she's very funny and sweet. Combine that with her intelligence and sassy attitude she's actually a very good person.
Flaws: She has difficulty trusting anyone, anger issues, is naturally trained to attempt to kill anyone who touches her.
Appearance: See Below
Talents: Although she prefers long range with her cross bow she is also extremely deadly with her twin black Damascus steel katanas as well as her bloody red dagger. She can also sing very beautifully as well as play the piano and the guitar.
Fears: She's afraid of getting close to people and of others finding out her past and how she became an orphan
Hobbies: playing the piano and the guitar
Other (optional): HATES men who are cocky, dislikes men in general
Favorite Dessert: Cherry Cheesecake
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Because I'm hyped up, outta control
If it's a fight I'm ready to go
I wouldn't put my money on the other guy
If you know what I already know

THE_BUTLER00

The Starlight Hotel

Post#6 » 11 Aug 2017 04:02

Accepted Chay, good to have you on board. I'm sure Asta and Ren are going to get along well together.

Astriani

The Starlight Hotel

Post#7 » 11 Aug 2017 04:19

Reserving a spot until I get time to work on it!
Let's just all pretend I know what I'm doing, okay?

HunterOfEvil

The Starlight Hotel

Post#8 » 11 Aug 2017 14:10

Name: Molly Sereva
Job: Maid
Description: Molly is a simple human girl with a cheerful disposition and an everpresent smile. She tends to dance her way around her work.
Backstory: Of what little she tells people, Molly is saving up money for college, but she doesnt talk about where she comes from.
Personality: Cheerful, gentle, and kind. She seems naive and innocent, but her eyes give away the fact that she knows more than she lets on.
Flaws: Molly can be kind of mousy, reclusive, and easily intimidated. Her shaky hands and brief stutter in the face of harsh individuals betray her truly defensive nature. She isnt great at defending herself, physically or verbally.
Appearance: Molly has thick black curly hair that reaches down to her hips, wrapped up in a braided bun on her head. Her eyes are deep green and worn, and sparce freckles across her pointed nose. She is almost always smiling.
Talents: Molly is a wonderful dancer and has a good memory. She is a great writer and knows her way around literature. Secretly, she is a very good shot and can handle a gun.
Fears: Molly hates spiders, big knives, and "powerful" men.
Hobbies: Molly has been helping in the kitchen with desserts and in the bar mixing drinks. She also enjoys sitting with headphones and listening to music and reading or writing.
Other: Molly has been spending more time in the bar with Ren, and kind of has her eye on Aiden.
Favorite Dessert: Chocolate Pot de Crème
Last edited by HunterOfEvil on 11 Aug 2017 17:45, edited 2 times in total.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

Astriani

The Starlight Hotel

Post#9 » 11 Aug 2017 17:05

Name: Nadia Ciric
Job: Front Desk Clerk/Janitor at night
Description: Human with telepathic abilities due to oracle bloodline.
Backstory (optional): Nadia and Aidan are from a long line of gypsies and oracles, and thanks to genetics, neither of them are blind like their other brother, Damari. However, they do have minor telepathy with each other and others, causing them to be outcasted growing up. But they made the best of their situation; after all, they had each other. Damari went missing when the twins were 15, and they’re still looking for him, hopeful.
Personality: Nadia, like her twin, is very outgoing and kind to people. She doesn't have a verbal filter and tends to talk a lot in general, often times too fast to be heard clearly. She struggles with her attention span and her want to keep moving, but Aidan tries to keep her in check. She's ignorant at times and a bit...less than intelligent when it comes to dangerous situations, but she's a good person and fun company.
Flaws: Too trusting, too curious, too talkative.
Appearance: See Below (2)
Talents: She and Aidan, thanks to their oracle line, share a telepathic connection with each other. They call it their “twin senses.” Nadia also has the ability to scan a visitor entering the hotel and see their very first thought/intention on their mind. When this happens, her eyes go completely blank and she becomes unresponsive and Aidan steps in to distract the person. They return to normal after 10 seconds.
Fears: Losing Aidan, being alone, being mute, spiders, bugs in general.
Hobbies: Listening to music (she’s a fan of heavy rock and screamo), baking
Other (optional): Nadia and Aidan have to be within the same building for the telepathic abilities to work, or at least be able to see each other outside. Nadia is the older twin.
Favorite Dessert: Sundaes

Name: Aidan Ciric
Job: Front Desk Clerk/Janitor at night
Description: Human with telepathic abilities due to oracle bloodline.
Backstory (optional): Nadia and Aidan are from a long line of gypsies and oracles, and thanks to genetics, neither of them are blind like their other brother, Damari. However, they do have minor telepathy with each other and others, causing them to be outcasted growing up. But they made the best of their situation; after all, they had each other. Damari went missing when the twins were 15, and they’re still looking for him, hopeful.
Personality: Aidan, like his twin, is very outgoing and kind to people, however, he does has limits. He's a bit move reserved and cautious, but it barely shows. He's less likely to rush into dangerous situations than Nadia. He’s a total bookworm and can often be found reading, even when on duty. He’s quiet, but once he gets used to you, he’s a nice person.
Flaws: Aidan does have a stutter and struggles with the ability to talk to people in general. Plus, he’s way too overprotective of his older twin.
Appearance: See below (1)
Talents: He and Nadia, thanks to their oracle line, share a telepathic connection with each other. They call it their “twin senses.” Aidan also has the ability to enter another person’s mind for 5 seconds. Like Nadia, his eyes go blank and he goes unresponsive for 10 total seconds. Nadia will distract the person until he is done.
Fears: Losing Nadia, large crowds, evil people in general, water.
Hobbies: Painting, drawing, reading, messing with computers
Other (optional): Nadia and Aidan have to be within the same building for the telepathic abilities to work, or at least be able to see each other outside. Nadia is the older twin.
Favorite Dessert: Chocolate (any kind)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Let's just all pretend I know what I'm doing, okay?

THE_BUTLER00

The Starlight Hotel

Post#10 » 11 Aug 2017 18:16

Accepted both Hunter and Astriani