The Starlight Hotel

HunterOfEvil

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1061 » 27 Jan 2018 14:43

Molly rushed downstairs to the lobby. She followed after the man and Walter, hoping to stay unnoticed while trying to get a good look at him.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1062 » 27 Jan 2018 17:48

The man was well dressed, speaking with a police officer in husbed tones. Molly couldnt make out their conversation.

Terrance met with Syoku in the treasure room. There werent any built in lights so he used a lantern. "Ive done a background check on our victims." Terrance explained. "Rachel Wright is banned from Gettysburg for unknown reasons. She has a blog writing articles about supernatural events. No criminal record aside from minor infractions." He explained. "Donovan Porter is an ex-convict for murder. Released from prison after rehab." He explained. "As for the evidence the police have gathered so far," Terrance produced a photo of the bloody flashlight Donovan had. "Theres no built in lighting in this room. It had Donovan's fingerprints so he probably used it as lighting. You may recall a bludgeoning wound on Rachels head and two on Donovans. The police have cinfirmed the dimensions if the wounds match the flashlight. However, Donovan's cause of death was strangalation, not blood loss. What do you make of that?"
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1063 » 27 Jan 2018 17:51

Syoku began to think. "Retaliation? Self defense? Honestly there's a large variety of possibilities as to what could be the reasoning." He said after a moment.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1064 » 28 Jan 2018 05:10

"Only Donovan's fingerprints were found on the flashlight." Terrance said. "And the only wounds on Rachel were the bludgeoning wounds. Either the one who killed rachel was wearing gloves, or..." Terrance allowed Syoku to finish his statement.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1065 » 28 Jan 2018 05:13

"There's a third party? She did it to herself?" Syoku's thought process was kinda clouded at the moment.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1066 » 28 Jan 2018 05:49

"Rachel's not wearing gloves, which means she couldn't commit suicide with the flashlight without leaving fingerprints." Terrance explained. "That reduces the suspects to Donovan, and a third party." He said. "We need to find out as much about the moments leading up to the murder as possible, which brings me to the next piece of evidence. The police discovered something in Rachel's phone. Just before Donovan caught her snooping, she made a call to her father, who's in the lobby now."

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1067 » 28 Jan 2018 06:00

"Her father?" Syoku questioned. "Is there any way to find out what she called him about, or are we just in the dark about that until we ask him?"

Eleonore stood nearby, listening to the conversation, still invisible. She raised an eyebrow in confusion.

FUNYjk27

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1068 » 31 Jan 2018 02:53

Walter was happy to see that the problem was a simple one and decided to try giving the door one more push to see if he could at least get it open before going to get any thing to actually fix it.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1069 » 31 Jan 2018 03:03

"Unfortunately the only way we can find out what they discussed is to ask him ourselves, luckily, he's been in the lobby since shortly after the murder occurred." Terrance said.

Walter was able to get the door open. In the bathroom he found Ren unconscious, leaning against the wall.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1070 » 31 Jan 2018 03:23

"Alright. Perhaps we should go ask him, then." Syoku suggested.