The Starlight Hotel

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1011 » 06 Jan 2018 00:02

Judging back the lack of activity, Ill speed things along.

The staff informed Barnaby of the discovery of the treasure room. They hadnt done anything about it yet. The next morning the staff was astonished to read the latest article on Rachel Write's blog.
Hidden Treasure Discovered in Starlight Hotel The article included a couple photos of the room that the staff had discovered only the day before, as well as a description of how to reach it. Donovan had to sit on a chair in front of the entrance to deter guests looking to get a peak. He took shifts with the other staff members.

That evening, the hotel found itself in greater trouble, when an envelope was found on the floor of the lobby addressed to "Starlight Hotel". It contained a terrifying letter.

To whom it may concern,
It has come to ky attention that The Starlight Hotel holds a very valuable treasure. I'll releive you of this troublesome treasure this evening at 1am.
-The Shadow

The letter was found at 9pm, the lonny had been quite busy with guests at that time. The envelope was dropped in between a couch and table, on a spot not seen by surveillance cameras. The theft was scheduled to happen in 4 hours.

Serene was on shift when the letter was found, when Donovan found out about it he sent out a group text to every employee about the letter, and sugested they meet in the treasure room.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1012 » 06 Jan 2018 00:07

"Okay genuinely how the hell did Racheal find out? I thought she left." Syoku said, entering the room.

Eleonore floated nearby, reading a recent book that more or less told her about the past 30 or so years of humanity's accomplishments. She had been examning the entire room since they all found it, trying to find more secrets. Currently she was on one of her self scheduled breaks from doing that.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1013 » 06 Jan 2018 00:26

In her examinations, Elanore discovered that the room bordered one of the supply closets and a guest room. It was directly above ane below guest rooms.

[+] Updated Diagram

Serene
I was on duty watching the room. to be honest people had stopped coming by and trying to get in a long time ago so i occupied myself with painting my nails. I received Donny's text message. I was actually a bit excited to have a second chance at catching that guy. maybe I could get Kevin's ring back. He gave a HUGE tip when be stayed here so I could only imagine what would happen if I gave him his stolen ruby ring back.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

FUNYjk27

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1014 » 08 Jan 2018 05:22

Walter and Ashley quickly arrived at the room after receiving Donovan's text message. Walter immediately walked up to Serene and after nervously checking to make sure no one could hear him leaned in to whisper to her "Look me and Ashley talked and we think the best way to protect the treasure right now is to split amoungst ourselves and each hide a little of it somewhere while keeping a little of it on our person. That way even if the shadow gets some of it he'll have trouble getting it all." he whispered sounding rushed. Meanwhile Ashley sniffed the air looking for any unfamiliar scents.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1015 » 08 Jan 2018 15:19

Serene
"That could work..." I said. "Go tell Donny, he's in the room." I paused. "I think we should call the police."

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1016 » 13 Jan 2018 20:29

ooC I'll try and move this along

Donovan agreed it'd be a good idea to split the treasure amongst the staff. They split it amongst themselves, and re-locked the safe to make it look undisturbed (Serene was able to open it with magic). Serene then proposed an idea that Donovan didn't like.
"I think we should call the police."
"NO!" Donovan said. "S-sorry, it's just, what if they figure out our secrets?"
"We can't catch The Shadow by ourselves." Serene said.
"The police didn't catch him last time." Donovan said.
"Detective Crow is assigned to The Shadow's case." Serene recalled. "He was able to catch those two vigilantes at the convention." Donovan was out of arguments.
"Fine." He agreed. "But I'm going to wait in the treasure room, there's no vents in here, which means if The Shadow wants the treasure, he'll go through me."
"Sounds like a plan." Serene said.

Two hours passed.

The police were summoned to the hotel and shown the treasure room. Detective Crow was leading the investigation. He was in the lobby. "Investigate every guest." He'd told his men. The police force consisted of Detective Crow, and ten police officers. Two of the detective's children had tagged along. His adult son Terrance Crow, and his Teenage daughter Stephanie Crow. Detective Crow stationed four guards on floor eighteen at each end of the hallway. Four policemen were also stationed in the lobby. One officer stayed on floor 17 below the treasure room, while the last one was stationed on floor 19 above the treasure room. Terrance and Stephanie were in the lobby looking over a copy of a map of the hotel, they seemed quite interested in the case at hand. The detective had been conversing with the hotel staff on the eighteenth floor, just outside the secret room. "The shadow is known to use gas to put people to sleep." He said. Detective Crow began handing out gas masks.

OoC You can place your characters in the lobby, where four cops, and the detective's kids are, on the eighteenth floor where the detective and secret room are, or somewhere else you think might be worth keeping an eye on. The two options I've named will see action.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1017 » 13 Jan 2018 20:33

Syoku was ready, sticking himself on the 18th floor. He adjusted his rings, and waited... If he had to transform, then so be it... even if it meant revealing himself.

Eleonore had stuck herself in the lobby, staying invisible to hide herself from the cops and such. But she was oh so ready for this
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1018 » 13 Jan 2018 20:39

Syoku was able to observe the movements in the hallway. A few guests coming in and out of there rooms. One guest approached him. A teenage girl with long wavy brown hair who was wearing nice makeup, a sweater, skirt, and carrying a book bag. She was pretty but familiar. "What's going on? Why are there so many cops here?" She asked Syoku.

A new guest entered the Hotel. The cops examined him but didn't stop him. He was a bit taller than average, a bit overweight, and had short brown hair. He was wearing a button-up shirt and jeans. He didnt approached the desk to ask for a room. instead he just stood around.
Last edited by smartdevon on 14 Jan 2018 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1019 » 13 Jan 2018 20:47

"I can't legally disclose that. Hush hush stuff amd all that. Just go about your day." Syoku said with a smile. He had a feeling some people were gonna question this. The girl seemed familiar though, and that bothered him.

smartdevon

The Starlight Hotel

Post#1020 » 13 Jan 2018 21:37

The girl sighed and continued down the hall, waving to the cop at the end of the hallway and turning the corner.