Out of Reach

WoodGreen

Out of Reach

Post#1 » 17 Sep 2017 10:23

At some point, everything's gonna go south on you... everything's going to go south and you're going to say, this is it. This is how I end. Now you can either accept that, or you can get to work. That's all it is. You just begin. You do the math. You solve one problem... and you solve the next one... and then the next. And If you solve enough problems, you get to come home. All right, questions?  - Mark Watney (The Martian)

So, after playing far too much Rimworld and enjoying the new wave of player-driven RPs I thought why not combine the two? Welcome to UTH - 4b, one of many worlds just out of reach of civilisation, but not uninhabited. Like those houses that sit awkwardly between the suburbs and the countryside. Anyway, while in cryostasis, your long range transport vessel crashed (shock horror) and you are left, stranded with a bunch of strangers on a hostile world. You must construct a shelter, fight off raiders and eventually, should you choose to, escape the planet! Your characters will determine the storyline. Perhaps an old enemy from your backstory will track you down, or an obscure skill of yours may be the key to survival. There may even be player-made story arcs (should you wish to host one, PM me about it!).

But WoodGreen I hear you cry. You always have some odd quirk in your RPs that people are always sceptical about, what about this one? Ahh yes, remember I said you would construct a shelter? Well I’ll be keeping track with a grid map! I think I would be cool to see the colony grow, and it’ll make is easier to track which rooms are where. It won’t be complicated, don’t worry!

[+] Rules
Obey HavenStation rules, yada yada, don't metagame, etc. I think you guys know the standard rules by now.

[+] Apps
If you want to add any other details, go ahead! I'll let you know if they're a little too farfetched.

Name:
Biological Age:
Chronological age: (While in cryostasis you don't age biologically. A biological 60 year old may be 360 years old chronologically if they've spent 300 years in cryostasis. Your current journey has lasted for 3 years, but you may have made long journeys before.)
Appearance:
Personality:
Strengths/skills:
Weaknesses:
Luggage: (You won't have been carrying anything too large.)
Backstory: (A detailed backstory may affect the storyline itself. Let me know if there are details you do/don't want me using to affect the story.)
Other:

[+] Lore and other useful stuff
The Universe
While I made most of this, your characters will also influence the world. Got a home planet? Name it and it's galaxy, and it'll go here! Involved in some sort of faction? They'll be official!

Space exploration is... difficult. While mankind has explored it's neighbouring galaxies, only the richest organisations, such as The United Systems Empire are able to afford it. Once the voyage is made, a jump-gate can be constructed to make inter-galactic travel a bit easier. Progress however, is slow, as there is plenty of unexplored space within the colonised galaxies. These galaxies, and their owners are:
The Milky Way, Owned by The United Systems Empire
Notable Planets: Earth, the birthplace of mankind. Currently uninhabitable due to permanent damage to the atmosphere due to climate change, but project: Genesis is underway to revert the damage. Mars, the site of the first planetary terraforming project, and current HQ of the USE

Canis Major Dwarf (We're calling it a galaxy for simplicity), Owned by The United Systems Empire
Notable Planets: Terra, first colonised planet in the galaxy, and home of the USE's Canis Major Dwarf branch.

Sagittarius Dwarf Spheroidal Galaxy, Mostly owned by the United Systems Empire, about 1/3 wild space.
Notable Planets: Gaia, first colonised planet of the galaxy, and home to of the USE's SagDEG Branch. UTH - 4, A gas giant just outside of Imperial Space with 6 moons. UTH - 4b, the second moon, is the crash site.

Ursa Major II Dwarf, Partially owned (1/5) by the United Systems Empire, Mostly Owned (4/5) by the Republic of Ursa Major. 1/5 wild space.
Notable Planets: Bjorn, HQ of the Republic of Ursa Major, and location of the USE's embassy.

Large Magellanic Cloud, Partially owned by the United Systems Empire (1/20). As the most recently colonised galaxy, it is mostly wild space.
No Notable Planets.

The Ship
Your ship was basically an space bus. They travel in circuits around the galaxies, and some between them. You simply head down to your local Inter-Solar bus stop and enter your desired destination. You're route will be calculated and you'll be frozen at the station if you so wish. It can be quite a wait otherwise. When it arrives, you'll be loaded onto the bus, and off you go! Your cryostasis pod and cargo may be transferred between busses as your location and destination may not be on the same route. Where you came from and where you're going is all up to you. The USE provides free transport within your current solar system, and affordable transport within and between USE galaxies. Outside of the USE, other companies, such as Hermes, provide this service. Your vessel belongs to the USE.

The Planet
Hahaa! It's actually a moon! UTH - 4 is a gas giant just outside of Imperial space in the Sagittarius Dwarf Spheroidal Galaxy. It has 6 moons, UTH - 4b being the 2nd. It's Earthlike, and some of Earth's flora and fauna made it here, as it did to many planets. It's climate is temperate for most of the year, but with arctic winters and scorching summers.

Large Factions
The United Systems Empire - With the planet slowly deteriorating due to climate change, all countries agreed to act under one banner to resolve the crisis, the Nations of Earth. A worldwide terraforming project was launched to prepare Mars for colonisation, where humanity successfully relocated. The NoE began to explore beyond the solar system, and with the perfection of cryostasis technology, were able to explore into the Milky Way, and launch further colonisation projects. But as the number of colonies grew, there was unrest as many showed signs of declaring independence. In a sudden coup, a little-known group took over the NoE with an unrivalled military force that had been growing in secret, and declared it the United Systems Empire. There was no contest, and any rebellions were quickly quelled. The USE has been in relative peace ever since, and has prospered under imperial rule, although very few people know of the emperor's identity, or how many there have been over the years.

The Republic of Ursa Major - Upon the construction of the jump gate to Ursa Major II, many who disliked the Empire decided to launch a large voyage into the galaxy to search for a new, independent home. They found an habitable planet, Bjorn, and built their own civilisation. More and more people escaped to this new home, and it's nearby planets which banded together to form the Republic of Ursa Major. The USE was not pleased about this, and attempted to quickly and discreetly exterminate the RUM, but to their horror discovered the RUM's scientists had been busy, and their military wielded large antimatter munitions. Even with a vast numbers advantage, the USE were unable to eliminate the RUM. They now co-exist in peace, slightly fearful of eachother's strength. There has been no sign of antimatter weaponry since the short war.

Small(er) Factions
The Codebreakers - A secret military group that undertook various operations, until their secrecy was threatened. The members were put into cryostasis, and have remained so for 285 years. Each Codebreaker owned an AI chip implanted in their brain, giving them enhanced abilities.

Aesop Industries - A company well known for it's genetic modifications, cybernetic enhancements and it's lack of moral boundaries. They're also known for heavily investing in and often having a strong presence on new colonies where they do most of their R&D. Despite their faults they often have a good reputation with the colonies they work on as they often work with communities and frequently give to charity. Finally the company recently caused a bit of a stir when it announced it's current goal to either discover and unlock human psionic potential or find an alternative method that could accomplish similar feats.

[+] Characters
smartdevon - Farley Rowan http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=480#p19706
AceOfDeath Piplupm - Kendra Summers http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=480#p19729
THE_BUTLER00 - Jericho http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=480#p19744
THE_BUTLER00 - Kai Tora http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=480&start=10#p19808
HunterOfEvil - Experiment 401/402 http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=480#p19746
Oranje Maan - Mérnök Szén Gyár http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=480#p19797
FUNYjk27 - David E(li). Valentine http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=480&start=20#p19825
Adrano - Xavier Miller http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=480&start=60#p19912

[+] Badly drawn map - 1 square is 2 metres
Last edited by WoodGreen on 28 Sep 2017 22:15, edited 34 times in total.
I'm with stupid
I
V

smartdevon

Out of Reach

Post#2 » 17 Sep 2017 21:31

Name: Farley Rowan
Biological Age: 12
Chronological age: 20
Personality: He's innocent as a child, and he acts even younger than his biological age of twelve. Farley is completely shameless, and doesn't care at all what anyone thinks of him. Farley's pretty girly, he likes cute things and sometimes wears prefers wearing girl's clothes. He also keeps his long hair in pigtails. He says it's because he wants to one-up his brother Fletcher, who wears a ponytail.
Strengths/skills: Farley actually has an impressive knowledge of military battle tactics for a twelve year old. He can devise effective strategy and design effective strongholds.
Weaknesses: Farley has very little muscle mass, and doesn't know how to actually fight at all, he's also afraid of water because he can't swim
Luggage: He's got a red backpack with the following items in it.
Cell phone to call his sister (Broke in the crash)
digital camera (also broken)
skirt, sweater, and black tights,
He also cryogenically froze two chocolate bars with himself, hoping they'd still be good if he froze them.
Backstory: Farley has two brothers and one sister. His brother Flint is a popular author and famed actor, who hasn't ever found anything to aspire for, as such he lives moment to moment. Fletcher was always the wisest of the bunch, and went on to become a vigilante hero. Feryn, the oldest of the bunch and the only sister, was a military strategist. Farley first went on a cryostasis trip when he was eight years old. He was accompanying his older sister, Feryn, (who was biologically 20 at the time, being twelve biological years older then him) to a far off galaxy where Feryn was to act as a commander in an imperial space war to claim new territory for their home planet. (She taught Farley most of what he knows about strategy). Farley stayed with her for four years before leaving on this voyage. (what was the purpose of this voyage again?)
Other:
[+] this is what he looks like
Last edited by smartdevon on 25 Sep 2017 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

FUNYjk27

Out of Reach

Post#3 » 18 Sep 2017 01:06

Just wanted to say I'll be joining this but might not be able to get the app done for about a week depending on how some things go. Also really interested to see how this map system works out!
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Out of Reach

Post#4 » 18 Sep 2017 19:31

I'll definitely be joining this. Working on my app off to the side.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Out of Reach

Post#5 » 19 Sep 2017 01:37

Name: Kendra Summers
Biological Age: 23
Chronological age: (While in cryostasis you don't age biologically. A biological 60 year old may be 360 years old chronologically if they've spent 300 years in cryostasis. Your current journey has lasted for 3 years, but you may have made long journeys before.) 40
Appearance: Large, red-brown, natural bedhead hair that reaches the middle of her back. She has rather pale skin, and emerald eyes. Her face is in a constant state of... What's best described as "resting 'Leave me alone or I'll science you to death' face". She wears black glasses, and usually has a lab coat on over whatever else she wears.
Personality: Kendra is a scientist, through and through. She's in a constant state of not giving a crap about anyone but herself and her experiments. She prefers quiet, but is also a bit eccentric in that she will happily test her creations out on whatever she sees first.
Strengths/skills: Kendra is excellent at math and sciences, able to craft entire blue prints in a matter of minutes, calculations finished and everything. She has rather amazing focus.
Weaknesses: She's not very physical. She's physically weak, and also is easily distracted from her work if she finds something interesting.
Luggage: (You won't have been carrying anything too large.) A tool kit and an unfinished, strange gun along with a bunch of even stranger, tiny, bottles stuck on the back of the tool kit.
Backstory: (A detailed backstory may affect the storyline itself. Let me know if there are details you do/don't want me using to affect the story.) Kendra is a young woman of exceptional intellect. She's able to solve some of the most complex equations in a matter of seconds, and has created every item she has with her. As a child, Kendra looked up to scientific genuises lile Einstein. She quickly made her way through college at the age of 10, and went on to... be kidnapped and used as an experiment, and then later unwillingly helped with creating more of those experiments. She escaped when one of the experiments regained consciousness and broke out, grabbing the gun and bottles she carries. Since then, she's chosen to be a pacifist, but held onto the gun for her own protection. She tries to use her knowledge for the betterment of all people, but finds herself unable to really CARE about a majority of them now that she's seen what people can do to each other.
Other: The gun (When it's finished) can be used to activate her mutation. The bottles, when plugged into the gun, can temporarily alter and influence the mutation in a variety of ways.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

WoodGreen

Out of Reach

Post#6 » 19 Sep 2017 19:46

AceOfDeath Piplupm wrote:Qr Bbpost Name: Kendra Summers
Biological Age: 23
Chronological age: (While in cryostasis you don't age biologically. A biological 60 year old may be 360 years old chronologically if they've spent 300 years in cryostasis. Your current journey has lasted for 3 years, but you may have made long journeys before.) 40
Appearance: Large, red-brown, natural bedhead hair that reaches the middle of her back. She has rather pale skin, and emerald eyes. Her face is in a constant state of... What's best described as "resting 'Leave me alone or I'll science you to death' face". She wears black glasses, and usually has a lab coat on over whatever else she wears.
Personality: Kendra is a scientist, through and through. She's in a constant state of not giving a crap about anyone but herself and her experiments. She prefers quiet, but is also a bit eccentric in that she will happily test her creations out on whatever she sees first.
Strengths/skills: Kendra is excellent at math and sciences, able to craft entire blue prints in a matter of minutes, calculations finished and everything. She has rather amazing focus.
Weaknesses: She's not very physical. She's physically weak, and also is easily distracted from her work if she finds something interesting.
Luggage: (You won't have been carrying anything too large.) A tool kit and an unfinished, strange gun along with a bunch of even stranger, tiny, bottles stuck on the back of the tool kit.
Backstory: (A detailed backstory may affect the storyline itself. Let me know if there are details you do/don't want me using to affect the story.) Kendra is a young woman of exceptional intellect. She's able to solve some of the most complex equations in a matter of seconds, and has created every item she has with her. As a child, Kendra looked up to scientific genuises lile Einstein. She quickly made her way through college at the age of 10, and went on to... be kidnapped and used as an experiment, and then later unwillingly helped with creating more of those experiments. She escaped when one of the experiments regained consciousness and broke out, grabbing the gun and bottles she carries. Since then, she's chosen to be a pacifist, but held onto the gun for her own protection. She tries to use her knowledge for the betterment of all people, but finds herself unable to really CARE about a majority of them now that she's seen what people can do to each other.
Other: The gun (When it's finished) can be used to activate her mutation. The bottles, when plugged into the gun, can temporarily alter and influence the mutation in a variety of ways.

smartdevon wrote:Qr Bbpost Name: Farley Rowan
Biological Age: 12
Chronological age: 20
Personality: He's innocent as a child, and he acts even younger than his biological age of twelve. Farley is completely shameless, and doesn't care at all what anyone thinks of him. Farley's pretty girly, he likes cute things and sometimes wears prefers wearing girl's clothes. He also keeps his long hair in pigtails. He says it's because he wants to one-up his brother Fletcher, who wears a ponytail.
Strengths/skills: Farley actually has an impressive knowledge of military battle tactics for a twelve year old. He can devise effective strategy and design effective strongholds.
Weaknesses: Farley has very little muscle mass, and doesn't know how to actually fight at all, he's also afraid of water because he can't swim
Luggage: He's got a red backpack with the following items in it.
Cell phone to call his sister (Broke in the crash)
digital camera (also broken)
skirt, sweater, and black tights,
He also cryogenically froze two chocolate bars with himself, hoping they'd still be good if he froze them.
Backstory: Farley has two brothers and one sister. His brother Flint is a popular author and famed actor, who hasn't ever found anything to aspire for, as such he lives moment to moment. Fletcher was always the wisest of the bunch, and went on to become a vigilante hero. Feryn, the oldest of the bunch and the only sister, was a military strategist. Farley first went on a cryostasis trip when he was eight years old. He was accompanying his older sister, Feryn, (who was biologically 20 at the time, being twelve biological years older then him) to a far off galaxy where Feryn was to act as a commander in an imperial space war to claim new territory for their home planet. (She taught Farley most of what he knows about strategy). Farley stayed with her for four years before leaving on this voyage. (what was the purpose of this voyage again?)
Other:
[+] this is what he looks like

That description cracked me up Pip xD, both you and Devon are accepted!
That's a good question Devon. Your ship was basically an space bus. They travel in circuits around the galaxies, and some between them. You simply head down to your local Inter-Solar bus stop and enter your desired destination. You're route will be calculated and you'll be frozen at the station if you so wish. It can be quite a wait otherwise. When it arrives, you'll be loaded onto the bus, and off you go! Your cryostasis pod may be transferred between busses as your location and destination may not be on the same route. Where you came from and where you're going is all up to you.
I'm with stupid
I
V

THE_BUTLER00

Out of Reach

Post#7 » 19 Sep 2017 23:38

Name: True name unknown to all except him, and his employer. Title is CODENAME: Jericho. Goes by Jericho, or Mr. J
Biological Age: 27
Chronological age: 315
Appearance: Jericho has long blonde hair, and slightly tanned skin. He has deep green eyes that shine like emeralds in the daylight. He usually wears a blue bomber jacket (Shown below) over a red digital camo t-shirt (shown below) with Brown combat pants and brown combat boots (Both shown below). He also has his middle, index, and ring finger on his right hand replaced with bionic replicas (Imagine robot fingers.)
Personality: Jericho is a cold, militaristic man. He believes in following orders given, and not taking orders of those we aren't your commanding officer, meaning he's rather hard to work with. He does tend to falter when given Granny Smith Apples though.
Strengths/skills: He's got a mean right hook. He also has skill with handling swords, as he has a foldable Cobalt broadsword in his luggage. He also has the assistance of his AI system, which goes by the name "Joan of Arc". Along with his AI he has the ability to send out a controlled shock from his three bionic fingers, which have enough shock to knock someone out if placed on their forehead.
Weaknesses: He can be persuaded by the offering of granny smith apples. He isn't very good at running, though he isn't one for backing down from a fight. He's extremely stubborn.
Luggage: (All of this is kept in a blue military-grade duffle bag) a foldable broadsword made of cobalt. a couple pulse grenades. A six pack of cola in glass bottles.
Backstory: Jericho, as he is now called, is part of a secret military group known as the Codebreakers. Each Codebreaker has an AI chip installed in their brain, giving them a talking computer in their brain, that helps them and gives them each a unique ability. Jericho was originally part of Strike Team JLD, made up of Codebreakers J(Jericho), L and D. After a threat of the Codebreakers being compromised to the public and the enemy, they were put in Cryostasis for 285 years (at that point he was 27, as he is now) He has recently been awoken, and the Codebreakers were sold off for random missions, he was sold to help the mission they were heading to before they crashed.
Other: His AI "Joan of Arc" is female, and they tend to argue a lot.

These are the pictures, yes, I know they are big, I'm sorry.
[+] Clothes Captioning
Last edited by THE_BUTLER00 on 20 Sep 2017 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

HunterOfEvil

Out of Reach

Post#8 » 20 Sep 2017 01:04

Name: Experiment 401
Biological Age: 24
Chronological age: 34 (for more reasons than just long journeys)
Appearance: 55'7", pale-blonde hair pulled into a fish-tail braid, a pale complexion, piercing blue eyes, a full-body dark blue catsuit with bold white words reading "Experiment 401", heavy combat boots, tan cargo pants and zip-up jacket with lots of pockets, and strange metal mechanical disks lining her back, connected by wires protected in a metal tube casing and operated by a black box on the back of her neck. Slim build but very fit.
Personality: Hardened, snappy, overly-protective of 402 and 403. Doesn't like or trust anyone, especially scientists, or anyone wearing a white coat or carrying a clipboard. Loves being outside, hates the indoors. 401 also has a bit of tunnel vision, and tends to focus on one objective until it is complete and does it to the best of her ability. She focuses on the most necessary things for survival at the time.
[+] Abilities
401 is built for speed and agility, and thrives in the cold. She is nimble and incredibly flexible, and is a pretty good shot. She almost doesn’t age, and is also rather resourceful. The contraptions on her back unfolds into sleek black armor lined in blue (in terms of style, think Tron:Legacy armor, but with duller lights, and it un/refolds like a blend between Starlord’s mask from Guardians of the Galaxy and the weapon transformations from RWBY), which enhances her speed, stealth, aim, and agility, and gives her a better resistance to hard hits.
Weaknesses: 401 fears most people but her two companions, and has a very short temper. She's also not super physically strong, even while wearing her armor. The big buttons on her back are still visible in its armor form, and taking a hard enough hit on one of those spots will detract the armor into its stasis form. Hitting it again could break it, and breaking it will send powerful electrical currents down 401's body and electrocute her. Smashing the box on her neck does the same thing but on a higher scale. She also hates heat, and has trouble working in her armor in hot environments, and has a really sensitive stomach.

Luggage: Nothing but her wits and the clothes on her back.
Backstory:
[+] Do not read if you like surprises
401 was the first successful specimen of an ongoing genetic manipulation and enhancement experiment to create the world’s greatest supersoldier. She underwent years of grueling tests and operations to slowly build her up to her greatest capacity. 402 was created immediately after 401, and they grew up together. When they were in their physical 20s (though their growth had been accelerated, so really they were still children), they endured The Powerhouse Operation, which embedded the machines into their backs and threaded it through their bodies to enhance their abilities and slow their age to a near stop. During the procedure to turn on the mechanics for the first time, however, there was a technical malfunction and the subjects were flooded with electricity, breaking 401’s mechanics and fusing both of their jumpsuits to their bodies. 403 was a new addition to the family not long after. Other attempts have been made to create more subjects, but none were as successful and 401-3 and were quickly terminated.

401-3 crashed during a transfer to another lab for other tests. This is their first time outside of the lab. 401 is excited, terrified, and curious all at the same time, though her face tries not to betray her emotions.
Other: 401 gets sick really easy, has a bit of a nervous twitch, and love climbing trees.

Name: Experiment 402
Biological Age: 22
Chronological age: 32 (for more reasons than just long journeys)
Appearance: 6'4", rich brown hair up in spikes on his head, olive skin, deep brown eyes, a full-body dark crimson catsuit with bold white words reading "Experiment 402", heavy combat boots, dark grey cargo pants and zip-up jacket with lots of pockets, and strange metal mechanical disks lining his back, connected by wires protected in a metal tube casing and operated by a black box on the back of his neck. Powerful build and broad shoulders, very muscular.
Personality: Generally friendly and open, a much kinder disposition than 401. He tries to see the bright side to everything, and is 401’s balance for her overall angry behavior. Has an overall distaste of scientists, or anyone wearing a white coat or carrying a clipboard. Loves being outside, dislikes the indoors, can see the bigger picture of a situation. Has a strange fascination with fire.
[+] Abilities
402 knows his friends well, and knows their strengths and weaknesses almost better than they are, making him a great team player. He is built for strength and power, and thrives in the heat. He can lift almost 200 pounds with his arms and snap femur bones like twigs, among other things. He is an accomplished martial artist, and almost doesn’t age. The contraptions on his back unfolds into sleek black armor lined in red, which enhances his strength and power, reflexes, and heavy resistance to physical blows (in terms of style, think Tron:Legacy armor, but with duller lights, and it un/refolds like a blend between Starlord’s mask from Guardians of the Galaxy and the weapon transformations from RWBY).
Weaknesses: 402 is a bit too trusting of strangers, and 401 holds that he is open to a fault, leading him to be easily betrayed. He isn’t great out on his own and depends on social interaction to stay stable. He also isn’t very agile or stealthy, and has a bit of a weak stomach (though not as weak as 401’s). The big buttons on his back are still visible in its armor form, and taking a hard enough hit on one of those spots will detract the armor into its stasis form. Smashing the box on his neck sends powerful electrical currents down 402's body and electrocute him.

Luggage: Nothing but his wits and the clothes on his back.
Backstory:
402 was the most successful of the trio, created immediately after 401 and quickly becoming her best friend and brotherly-figure. He underwent years of grueling tests and operations to slowly build him up to his greatest capacity. When the pair were in their physical 20s (though their growth had been accelerated, so really they were still children), they endured The Powerhouse Operation, which embedded the machines into their backs and threaded it through their bodies to enhance their abilities and slow their age to a near stop. During the procedure to turn on the mechanics for the first time, however, there was a technical malfunction and the subjects were flooded with electricity, breaking 401’s mechanics and fusing both of their jumpsuits to their bodies. 403 was a new addition to the family not long after, enduring the same malfunction. Other attempts have been made to create more subjects, but none were as successful as 401-3, and were quickly terminated.

401-3 crashed during a transfer to another lab for other tests. This is their first time outside of the lab. 402 is elated at the chance to explore and hopeful that 401 can learn to open up, and it's plain to see.
Other: 402 really likes smashing things open with his brute strength, for no reason other than feeling really cool.

403 is remaining in the cryostasis until further notice.
Last edited by HunterOfEvil on 23 Sep 2017 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

WoodGreen

Out of Reach

Post#9 » 20 Sep 2017 16:51

FUNYjk27 wrote:Qr Bbpost Just wanted to say I'll be joining this but might not be able to get the app done for about a week depending on how some things go. Also really interested to see how this map system works out!

That's fine! Just post your app whenever, even if we've started and PM me about how you want your character introduced. Idea's I had on the spot were either 1) Your character's cryochamber malfunctioned and it took longer for you to thaw/it was jammed and you had to break your way out. Something like that. 2) You're character is already on UTH - 4b for some reason. Those are just ideas.
THE_BUTLER00 wrote:Qr Bbpost Name: True name unknown to all except him, and his employer. Title is CODENAME: Jericho. Goes by Jericho, or Mr. J
Biological Age: 27
Chronological age: 315
Appearance: Jericho has long blonde hair, and slightly tanned skin. He has deep green eyes that shine like emeralds in the daylight. He usually wears a blue bomber jacket (Shown below) over a red digital camo t-shirt (shown below) with Brown combat pants and brown combat boots (Both shown below). He also has his middle, index, and ring finger on his right hand replaced with bionic replicas (Imagine robot fingers.)
Personality: Jericho is a cold, militaristic man. He believes in following orders given, and not taking orders of those we aren't your commanding officer, meaning he's rather hard to work with. He does tend to falter when given Granny Smith Apples though.
Strengths/skills: He's got a mean right hook. He also has skill with handling swords, as he has a foldable Cobalt broadsword in his luggage. He also has the assistance of his AI system, which goes by the name "Joan of Arc". Along with his AI he has the ability to send out a controlled shock from his three bionic fingers, which have enough shock to knock someone out if placed on their forehead.
Weaknesses: He can be persuaded by the offering of granny smith apples. He isn't very good at running, though he isn't one for backing down from a fight. He's extremely stubborn.
Luggage: (All of this is kept in a blue military-grade duffle bag) a foldable broadsword made of cobalt. a couple pulse grenades. A six pack of cola in glass bottles.
Backstory: Jericho, as he is now called, is part of a secret military group known as the Codebreakers. Each Codebreaker has an AI chip installed in their brain, giving them a talking computer in their brain, that helps them and gives them each a unique ability. Jericho was originally part of Strike Team JLD, made up of Codebreakers J(Jericho), L and D. After a threat of the Codebreakers being compromised to the public and the enemy, they were put in Cryostasis for 285 years (at that point he was 27, as he is now) He has recently been awoken, and the Codebreakers were sold off for random missions, he was sold to help the mission they were heading to before they crashed.
Other: His AI "Joan of Arc" is female, and they tend to argue a lot.

These are the pictures, yes, I know they are big, I'm sorry.
[+] Clothes Captioning

HunterOfEvil wrote:Qr Bbpost Name: Experiment 401
Biological Age: 24
Chronological age: 34 (for more reasons than just long journeys)
Appearance: Pale-blonde hair pulled into a fish-tail braid, a pale complexion, piercing blue eyes, a full-body dark blue catsuit with bold white words reading "Experiment 401", heavy combat boots, tan cargo pants and zip-up jacket with lots of pockets, and strange metal mechanical disks lining her back, connected by wires protected in a metal tube casing and operated by a black box on the back of her neck. Slim build but very fit.
Personality: Hardened, snappy, overly-protective of 402 and 403. Doesn't like or trust anyone, especially scientists, or anyone wearing a white coat or carrying a clipboard. Loves being outside, hates the indoors. 401 also has a bit of tunnel vision, and tends to focus on one objective until it is complete and does it to the best of her ability. She focuses on the most necessary things for survival at the time.
[+] Abilities
401 is built for speed and agility, and thrives in the cold. She is nimble and incredibly flexible, and is a pretty good shot. She almost doesn’t age, and is also rather resourceful. The contraptions on her back unfolds into sleek black armor lined in blue (in terms of style, think Tron:Legacy armor, but with duller lights, and it un/refolds like a blend between Starlord’s mask from Guardians of the Galaxy and the weapon transformations from RWBY), which enhances her speed, stealth, aim, and agility, and gives her a better resistance to hard hits.
Weaknesses: 401 fears most people but her two companions, and has a very short temper. She's also not super physically strong, even while wearing her armor. The big buttons on her back are still visible in its armor form, and taking a hard enough hit on one of those spots will detract the armor into its stasis form. Hitting it again could break it, and breaking it will send powerful electrical currents down 401's body and electrocute her. Smashing the box on her neck does the same thing but on a higher scale. She also hates heat, and has trouble working in her armor in hot environments, and has a really sensitive stomach.

Luggage: Nothing but her wits and the clothes on her back.
Backstory:
401 was the first successful specimen of an ongoing genetic manipulation and enhancement experiment to create the world’s greatest supersoldier. She underwent years of grueling tests and operations to slowly build her up to her greatest capacity. 402 was created immediately after 401, and they grew up together. When they were in their physical 20s (though their growth had been accelerated, so really they were still children), they endured The Powerhouse Operation, which embedded the machines into their backs and threaded it through their bodies to enhance their abilities and slow their age to a near stop. During the procedure to turn on the mechanics for the first time, however, there was a technical malfunction and the subjects were flooded with electricity, breaking 401’s mechanics and fusing both of their jumpsuits to their bodies. 403 was a new addition to the family not long after. Other attempts have been made to create more subjects, but none were as successful and 401-3 and were quickly terminated.

401-3 crashed during a transfer to another lab for other tests. This is their first time outside of the lab. 401 is excited, terrified, and curious all at the same time, though her face tries not to betray her emotions.
Other: 401 gets sick really easy, has a bit of a nervous twitch, and love climbing trees.

Will create 402 shortly

I thought apples were supposed to be good for you, not a weakness...
anyway, you're both accepted! I think we'll start in a day or two.
I'm with stupid
I
V

Oranje Maan

Out of Reach

Post#10 » 22 Sep 2017 16:55

Name:
Mérnök Szén Gyár

Biological Age:

Chronological age:

Appearance:
Mérnök has a medium stature of 172 cm. His face is covered in light-brown, wavy hair at the top of his head and around his mouth in the form of a goatee. There are eyes of a piercing brown, as if made by paint, that are his eyes. His staring can send a shear message of condescension. Eyebrows thick as a pencil rest upon his forehead. The engineer’s face is one with weak cheakbones.

His clothing includes brown trousers, black shoes, and a brown, tailored vest over a white shirt and blue tie. Before he was frozen, Mérnök remarked that it he had a large enough income to afford such clothing. As he is going into ice, a tight, black wetsuit is on over everything to protect the clothing beneath.

Personality:
Despite his engineering skills, Mérnök is not much of a scientist. He prefers to rather use known methods or concepts and to go on logic than something he has to test out to learn about. He is a collective person. The man would want to rather interfere with the affairs of others than just letting them be.

The engineer can be quite condescending. He is not moved by violence or threats, even if he cannot handle such.

Strengths/skills:
Mérnök is an engineer. He works primarily in area denial and utilities. With the right resources, he can make any contraption that's possible.

The man is also a fine worker. Using basic tools and carrying things is easy for him.

Weaknesses:
The engineer needs time to connect circuits, weld metals, and encode programs for his devices. Don't expect anything to be made instantly, unless it's something simple, like a thin wall.

Mérnök is human, thus he is prone to mistakes. Sometimes, a contraption he makes may have a missing line of code, unconnected wires, or some other error. In some cases, the machine just doesn't work. In other cases, worst things happen. For instance, suppose there is a broken wire in a sentry he made. The sentry could either, shut down, explode, shoot without an end, or other scenarios, depending on the error.

Luggage:
While not on him when he was frozen, as that would be damaging to them, the following is what he has selected to come with him on his trip:

A laser beam welding kit. This is what he uses to join metals together. It comes with a handheld laser rod, which emits a blue laser for a short distance when on, a rechargeable battery cell on wheels, which is used to power the laser rod, and a welding mask, which prevents him from being blinded by the welding.

A basic toolbox. This contains more traditional tools and supplies such as wrenches, screwdrivers, nails, screws, bolts, a hammer, and other basic stuff.

A soldering kit. This is what Mérnök uses to make circuits for machines. It consists of a soldering iron, some metals to use for the solder, tweezers, and silicon to make the circuits on.

A suitcase. This contains some other sets of clothing for the man. It also contains basic amenities.

Backstory:
“I am by birth Magyar, specifically of Pest. My father was a hedge fund manager. My mother was a daughter of one of my father’s friends. She attempted a food business, but it failed. I am their first son. They shared their delight and love with me. For seven years, I was the only child. It was not until they adopted a girl from a dying merchant did someone new cone into the family. Three years later, my mother gave birth to twin boys.

“We were all encouraged to get a life. For me, it started when I saw a massive train go by my place once. It hauled a line vehicles and freight at an ease; I found that astonishing, as a regular person could not even do a fraction of a fraction of the train’s work. Some time later, I took some books from the library on Kálmán Kandó, Robert Stephenson, Benjamin Franklin, and Dell Conagher. All these peoples’s stories delighted me. I was inspired to make a machine: a solar oven. It was nothing significant out of context, but it was my success. I knew from the day I made the oven that I would work making contraptions.

“I took my education into science and math. Soon, I found myself in a STEM program. After that I found myself with an engineering degree from a college. I promptly started to work on machines, whether it be designing or simply making them. A corporation offered me a job in to work on a new project on military machinery. It was nothing significant, such as a railgun, but rather more area denial and utility. Designs were made, and contraptions built. Soon, I found myself as the head of multiple projects.

“The latest project I work on now is a way to transmit electricity through small particles. Unfortunately, for both safety reasons and testing reasons, such a project is to be set in the remote. This is where I find myself going to now.”
17th member of the site. Also known on some places as Memevb77, Orange Moon, OrenjiGatsu, and dat gai.