Out of Reach

WoodGreen

Out of Reach

Post#221 » 23 Nov 2017 23:03

ooc: Sorry for the lack of activity! I've been shattered this week, and I'll be away over the weekend so don't expect anything then.
"The riders are nasty." Gremlich almost growled. "They come between the scorch and the freeze, killing and raiding. Used to be a few settlements near here, but apart from the Yarrelfolk, Gremlich doesn't think any survived. And yes! Gremlich made it himself! The river makes a nice clearing, along with the height it makes it hard for anyone to creep up. Wasn't Gremlich's first, no, Gremlich had a nicer one that riders destroyed... that reminds me." He grasped the nearest rope, and pulled himself up. His near-useless hooked prosthetic became remarkably efficient as he clambered up the rope into his shack. After a moment of rummaging, he slid down the rope, something clutched in his grasp.
"Gremlich found this." He said, holding out what looked like a large computer chip. "It was part of your ship that landed in the river, Gremlich doesn't know what it does."
I'm with stupid
I
V

HunterOfEvil

Out of Reach

Post#222 » 23 Nov 2017 23:34

Hunter took the chip from Gremlich and turned in over in her hands, trying to decifer what it did. She handed it to Kae, who did the same thing.

Ooc: do they recognize it?
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

WoodGreen

Out of Reach

Post#223 » 24 Nov 2017 13:50

ooc: It's obviously some kind of storage chip, and from what Gremlich said it came from your ship. There's no one i can remember (off the top of my head) whose good with computers, is there?
I'm with stupid
I
V

THE_BUTLER00

Out of Reach

Post#224 » 24 Nov 2017 19:41

OOC: Joan would probably know it, she is a computer.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

smartdevon

Out of Reach

Post#225 » 27 Nov 2017 06:22

Farley
aince everyone else was currently out for water I busied myself with gatgering wood and rocks to use to make tools.

OoC did anyone stay behind with Farley?
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

FUNYjk27

Out of Reach

Post#226 » 28 Nov 2017 01:42

Ooc: David is

David decided to stay behind and make sure that he didn't miss anything he might be able to scrape together and get working again.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

smartdevon

Out of Reach

Post#227 » 28 Nov 2017 05:28

Farley
"We shoul try and make some simple tools." I said. "What was your name again?"
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

WoodGreen

Out of Reach

Post#228 » 28 Nov 2017 22:18

ooc: Sorry for my extended inactivity! My internet has been kinda sucky since I got back...
Knowing computer components well, Joan identified the chip as a recent memory cache, a store for data recently accessed by the computer. Due to Gremlich's description of how he found it, and it's large size, it was obviously from the ship, and was still intact.
I'm with stupid
I
V

FUNYjk27

Out of Reach

Post#229 » 29 Nov 2017 04:19

David looked over to Farley"I'm David and if I could ask you the same question that would be nice." he said politely as he continued searching for possibly useful scrap or salvage.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

smartdevon

Out of Reach

Post#230 » 29 Nov 2017 04:44

Farley
"It's Farley." I said as I tried to sharpen a stick with a sharp rock.