Interest check: A Day at the Secret Labs Rp

FUNYjk27

Post#1 » 13 Oct 2017 05:37

Preface: So for a while now I've repeatedly had this idea about for an RP but until now I've made minimal progress on figureing out how to make it engaging enough. However with the recent trend in RP's where people can make and run their own arcs I realized it could work quite well here.

Plot basics: You might already be familiar with the basic premise. Things take place in a secret research facility/lab place; there's experiments, test subjects, scientists, etc and the outside world isn't supposed to find out about anything going on there. Wanting to make things interesting I decided to put a few twists on this idea. Since I want to try and keep this short I'll skip to the real real big ones:
1) the lines between staff and subject are almost nonexistent,
2) escape isn't as big of an issue as people are usually permitted to leave if they have a good enough reason though if they don't return when they say they will, they will be hunted down (*cough*, if people want arcs outside the labs, *cough*)
3) I want to try and incorporate a little meta-game into it where everyone has to keep the labs funded, by proving it's actually producing valuable results, during arcs. (I'll put more details on this if people are interested)
4) should people show and maintain interest I will after some time, reveal the full reasons behind the labs' existence and why they're doing what they're doing which depending on how things go would change/add to the meta-game as well as create some interesting new possible arcs
5) really not sure on this one but maybe it might exist in the GA universe but I'm really not sure here so if you're interested feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

That's all for now I'll probably add a little more and try to clarify things a bit later but just wanted to get this out now. Also I suck at naming so if anyone has any better names that'd be amazing too.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#2 » 13 Oct 2017 05:46

This sounds pretty interesting! I'd be up for it!
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

THE_BUTLER00

Post#3 » 13 Oct 2017 22:54

Will I be able to be a test subject? Because that sounds awesome. I'd be interested.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

FUNYjk27

Post#4 » 14 Oct 2017 03:56

THE_BUTLER00 wrote:Qr Bbpost Will I be able to be a test subject? Because that sounds awesome. I'd be interested.

Yah that'd be completely within reason here.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

natethehix

Post#5 » 22 Oct 2017 21:09

Id join that
*internal screaming*

FUNYjk27

Post#6 » 23 Oct 2017 05:15

Well I might be able to make it work with three people if everyone here is still interested.

FUNYjk27

Post#7 » 06 Nov 2017 06:06

Sorry for the double post but just here to say that this will be a thing in about a week. I had intended to get it done earlier but lost track of time; sorry about that.