To tell you the truth, you did die, but you're stuck in Xerxes, also known as your imagination. The human mind is a fascinating thing that one such as you cannot comprehend, but there's a collective unconscious and a personal unconscious. Once you die, you're supposed to go into the Judgement Hall, where the uppers decide where you fit into.
But something went wrong. You are now stuck in Xerxes, the passing realm and the collective unconscious of humankind. That includes dreams, myths, legends, religions, anything and everything that is related to humans.
I can't explain it. It must have been the way you died, or some other factor, to leave you stuck in Xerxes. But I can't help you, I'm afraid. I will guide you to the best of my ability, but you- as well as the others who accompany you -are on your own. You must figure out the cause of this and quell it, whilst still remaining sane. If you don't, then you're cease to exist and be lost forever in Xerxes.
Thankfully, some things work out in your favor. Within Xerxes, you can wish to travel anywhere or gain anything within reason. I will send you to the first reality, Arcadia Cross, where the lost souls of Xerxes gather. Perhaps information can be gained there to assist you.
...I can sense your distrust from here. Do not worry, I didn't cause this.
Welcome to Xerxes! Our story begins in the darkness, where the only thing you hear is the passage above, and your only equipment is your item of importance. Will you find your way out before you loose your sanity?
- [+] Rules
- 1. Regular forum rules apply (of course)
2. My word is law, as well as whoever ends up to be second in charge.
3. Humans only. That means regular, boring, old, weak humans with no cybernetic enhancements or blessing of the gods (yet).
5. In theory, your character could have died at any given age and just now resurfaced in Xerxes. That means that you could have a ninja from Feudal Japan or a cowboy from the Midwest of America.
6. The gift of "traveling anywhere" and "gaining anything" can only happen in relation to the current area. Example: Arcadia Cross is a science fiction/steampunk area. That means you can't just skip and go to where the problem is, you have to wait until the Magical Omniscient Voice (MOV) (AKA me) gives permission. As for getting items, same rules apply. You can summon a gun, but not Zeus, mighty God of Thunder.
7. Have fun!
- [+] Extra Fun Stuff
- There is a die scaling for both loot and battles. It goes as seen below.
1: You can't get lower than this.
2: Wow, you messed up.
4: Almost there...but not quite.
5: Almost-not success!
8: Too much perfection!
9: Critical success!
10: Too much success, go back!
Anyone in Xerxes cannot necessarily "die." They can, however go insane. Every character starts with 100 IP (insane points. Don't you love my naming capabilities?) The more points you lose, the closer you come to insanity and completely losing yourself in Xerxes. You lose insane points (possibly every turn) by:
•Getting attacked by enemies (-1 unless specified)
•Wounds (-1 Unless specified)
•Venturing into the depth of Xerxes (-2 unless specified)
•Losing your Item of Importance (-5)
•Special abilities from enemies (Must be specified)
•And other ways that will be mentioned and added to this list.
You can gain back insane points after a battle by:
•Thinking of a specific happy memory! (+1)
•A kiss! (+5)
•Your first kiss! (+10)
•Specific items! (Specified)
- [+] Application
Age of Death:
Item of Importance: (This item must stay with your character at all times, least you want to go insane.)
Backstory + Death (optional, but preferred (you can PM me)):
- [+] Characters
- Charlie Conner (smartdevon, page 1):
• Engagement Ring
Zanna "Zan" Cherokee Rose (slayerofnight, page 1):
• Knuckle Knife
Audelaide (Obiwanabi, page 1):
• Kitchen Knife
Justice “Two-shot” Alexandera (Hunterofevil, page 1)
• Stetson Hat
Nathaniel Raphine Donner (The_Bulter00, page 2)
• Keys to a Yamaha 2013 YZF-R6
Frederick Brown (The_Bulter00, page 2)
• Light blue handkerchief
Archibald P. Butterbury (woodgreen, page 2)
• 100 IP
• Wooden cane
- [+] Reserves
- [+] NPCs
- Geneva Langhorne
Any NPC's will be controlled by me or moderator unless requested.
Requests/Ideas are always welcome! I will also take advice on how to improve this. I want to make this fun for everyone
If you want to create a "mini arc" either for fun or based around your character's backstory, please let me know ahead of time.