Superhero RP? (interest check)

Poll: Would you be interested in this

Yes
67%
no
No votes
maybe
33%
Ace stop trying to make RPs they never finish.
No votes
Total votes: 6

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#1 » 13 Dec 2017 03:51

Something i've had in my mind for awhile is a superhero rp. I ran one WAY back on Punchwood but it never really WENT anywhere so... Decided now is a great time to reboot it.

The setting would be Brooklyn, in the same universe as GA and Starlight Hotel. Villain activity has been on the rise for a while, and numerous people with powers, gadgets, smarts, etc, have all began to converge there, hoping to help take down the threat, all in secret (hopefully). Of course, heroes would exist elsewhere. All the while, organizations begin to move secretly in the shadows, waiting and biding their time...

basically the rp is a way to introduce the various super powered individuals of the GA universe into one setting. The first arc is already in planning just in case this is good to go.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

THE_BUTLER00

Post#2 » 13 Dec 2017 04:30

Hey! You stole my fourth option where I let people take hits at my confidence!
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

smartdevon

Post#3 » 13 Dec 2017 04:32

I'm totally up for it! The Haven Station Expanded Universe or HSEU, which really rolls off the tongue, sounds like an obvious choice. If this starts off at the same time Starlight Hotel and Gesichte Academy are at right now then Captain Purple and his brother Commander Green have already been locked up behind bars. (Just so ya know) Just don't let this die alright?
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

HunterOfEvil

Post#4 » 13 Dec 2017 13:25

I call playing the “super spy” stealthy hero!
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

WoodGreen

Post#5 » 13 Dec 2017 23:53

ooohh... I had an ex-GA idea I didn't go with that could work nicely! Sorry Ace, but your RPs last too long to be part of the doomed-to-fail club. :p
I'm with stupid
I
V

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#6 » 13 Dec 2017 23:55

WoodGreen wrote:Qr Bbpost ooohh... I had an ex-GA idea I didn't go with that could work nicely! Sorry Ace, but your RPs last too long to be part of the doomed-to-fail club. :p

Ha... hahaha i wish. Only one or two have ever lasted absurdly long. The others all kinda die out before page 50. Hoping this will fall into the "this actually lasted" catagory.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

Post#7 » 14 Dec 2017 00:26

AceOfDeath Piplupm wrote:Qr Bbpost
WoodGreen wrote:Qr Bbpost ooohh... I had an ex-GA idea I didn't go with that could work nicely! Sorry Ace, but your RPs last too long to be part of the doomed-to-fail club. :p

Ha... hahaha i wish. Only one or two have ever lasted absurdly long. The others all kinda die out before page 50. Hoping this will fall into the "this actually lasted" catagory.

Here's a tip, in order to send a roleplay to that category, have an end it sight, and don't be afraid to reach it very quickly. New plots can always be introduced, but stretching out one singular plot is how roleplays die.

Also it's been a long time since this has happened in any roleplays I've been in but never do a "let's spar to see who's stronger" fight because no player will ever back down leading to a fight that literally lasts until the roleplay dies. but if you do decided to do that fight, have a neutral 3rd party decide how effective attacks are and when someone wins.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

WoodGreen

Post#8 » 14 Dec 2017 00:42

Page 50? Mine barely last 20.
Also it's been a long time since this has happened in any roleplays I've been in but never do a "let's spar to see who's stronger" fight because no player will ever back down leading to a fight that literally lasts until the roleplay dies. but if you do decided to do that fight, have a neutral 3rd party decide how effective attacks are and when someone wins.

Haha, haaa... you're gonna be so unhappy with the interest check I'm about to finish...
I'm with stupid
I
V

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#9 » 14 Dec 2017 02:02

Welp, i'll just consider this a go. I'll have the rp up by the end of the week, aiming for the next couple days.

NitroMiyaz

Post#10 » 15 Dec 2017 22:09

smartdevon wrote:Qr Bbpost

Here's a tip, in order to send a roleplay to that category, have an end it sight, and don't be afraid to reach it very quickly. New plots can always be introduced, but stretching out one singular plot is how roleplays die.

Or a third party enemy enters the fray and interrupts the fight.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFJ-A