The Grand Tournament (interest check)

Poll: What sounds good? (A = RP style/howitworks, B = Characters used)

A) PVP
33%
A) Storylines using mechanics in combat
50%
A) PVP with storylines
17%
B) Non canonical, use characters from other RPs
No votes
B) Create new characters
No votes
C) I suggested a thing that's most likely better!
No votes
Total votes: 6

WoodGreen

Post#1 » 14 Dec 2017 00:46

Alright, so, as usual this is highly experimental and anything and everything could change. Ask or suggest anything you like!

Over the years, many heroes and villains have risen and fallen on HavenStation (and previous sites). Epic storylines have been told, and great evils defeated... but one question remains unanswered....

who would win in a fight?

What if our greatest legends were pitted against each other in the arena... that's right. PVP. It could be completely freeform, with a judge and a little bit of trust determining the outcome, or we could use a few basic rules to make fights works. Yes, it does work. I was introduced to a system called T1 a few years ago, which worked great. Of course, we won't use anything complicated or difficult to learn. Let me know if you want an example mini-fight of how this could play out with simple mechanics.

A second question I want to ask you is the plot. Do you like this idea of a non-canonical smash-bros style idea, or would you rather create new characters? Is a lil' bit of action all you want, or should there be PVE story arcs? So many questions! Answer the poll, and feel free to tell me everything that's wrong with this idea below! Oh, and a name that didn't suck would be great too...
I'm with stupid
I
V

smartdevon

Post#2 » 14 Dec 2017 00:49

Suggestions: Make this Roleplay take place in some kind of interdimensional afterlife,

Make the story star with original created summoners who summon warriors from other worlds
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#3 » 14 Dec 2017 02:58

I like the idea of using past rp characters in a new environment/story. It sounds kinda fresh.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

THE_BUTLER00

Post#4 » 14 Dec 2017 03:01

AceOfDeath Piplupm wrote:Qr Bbpost I like the idea of using past rp characters in a new environment/story. It sounds kinda fresh.

But didn't we already make characters that can literally jump into any RP universe whenever they want?
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#5 » 14 Dec 2017 03:05

THE_BUTLER00 wrote:Qr Bbpost
AceOfDeath Piplupm wrote:Qr Bbpost I like the idea of using past rp characters in a new environment/story. It sounds kinda fresh.

But didn't we already make characters that can literally jump into any RP universe whenever they want?

Yeah, so?
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

THE_BUTLER00

Post#6 » 14 Dec 2017 03:15

Oh, nothing.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

HunterOfEvil

Post#7 » 14 Dec 2017 03:43

I already do that lol. But ye Im down. I think the only way to properly do some kind of PvP without the rp dying is with mechanics and a health bar. Someone will need to keep track but thats the best way I see.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

THE_BUTLER00

Post#8 » 14 Dec 2017 03:49

HP Bars? Isn't that like, a little weird for an RP? Sounds like it'd be crossing into Table-Top Territory.

smartdevon

Post#9 » 14 Dec 2017 04:12

THE_BUTLER00 wrote:Qr Bbpost HP Bars? Isn't that like, a little weird for an RP? Sounds like it'd be crossing into Table-Top Territory.

Two roleplayers will never concede in raw story telling PVP, every attack will be dodge, every character will have the grit to keep fighting. Humans are fragile creatures, but roleplay characters are not humans.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

THE_BUTLER00

Post#10 » 14 Dec 2017 04:24

Yeah...And I break that completely, as Butler's basically immortal.