Heroes of our Time (Superhero RP)

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#1 » 15 Dec 2017 22:08

Brooklyn. A big city in the US, and currently home to one of the largest criminal rates in the world. No one knows why, but some suspect other forces contributed to this. Heroes from all over the planet have converged there to help deal with the threat. Those with gadgets, with smarts, with honest to god super powers, all gathered. Some for fame, some for fortune, and others just because they want to help. Whatever the reason, you have made your way there, and are now faced with the numerous villains of this big city. Can you help the peace be restored?

[+] Rules
All normal Haven Station rules apply

No OP Characters- Yes, you all have super powers in some way. Doesn’t mean you can just eliminate all evil all at once. You are NOT Superman.

No Metagaming- Your characters shouldn’t know things they never learned. Overhearing a secret when in the same room is one thing, but somehow knowing the answer to all of life’s mysteries is no fun and not allowed.

Creationism-Feel free to make and control your own NPCs to interact with or further any plans you may have. Just try not to let them evolve into a secondary character.

Don’t be a Control Freak-You can’t control other people’s characters or NPCs without the explicit permission of their creator.

No Means No-If I say you can’t do something and ask you to change it, please do so. I have my reasons.

If you have a plot idea, please dm it to me so I can approve of it. Can’t have 2 or 3 different plots running at the same time after all. It’d be chaos. Try to keep your arcs in the general area of Brooklyn, however.

I’ll be limiting you to 3 characters, max. If you believe you can handle more, we can talk about it.

If you read all of this, put “Holy alter ego, Batman!” in Other.

[+] Apps
Name:
Superhero name:
Species:
Appearance (both in and out of costume):
Personality (optional):
Powers/Abilties:
Gear:
Weakness (Something big enough that it could disable most of, if not ALL of their powers):
Origin Story (in otherwords, your backstory):
Other:

[+] Accepted Characters
David Williams/Ryft
Liam Cooper
Layla Shadow/Jack of Spadeshttp://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=546&start=10#p21855
Vulcan/Beast of Brooklyn http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=546&start=10#p21864
Jamison Darke/Chaos http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=546&start=10#p21866
Mac Hayes/The Rogue Code http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=546&start=10#p21866
Bradley Web/The Blacklist http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=546&start=10#p21866
Bobby Blimp Tubman/Colonel Tubman http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=546&start=10#p21867
Harrison Fletcher/Gemini http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=546&start=10#p21878
???/Enigma http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=546&p=21904#p21904
Nicole E. SIlverkey/The Silver Mist http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=546&p=21945&hilit=nicole#p21945

Current plot: ???

[+] My characters
Name: David Williams
Superhero name: Ryft
Species: cyborg (was human)
Appearance (both in and out of costume): Dirty Blond Hair, with pale skin and green eyes. He wears a gray zip up hoodie, black cargo pants, a blue undershirt, and brown sneakers. Underneath his sleeves are two silver braces on his wrists, both bearing the same symbol: "01".

In costume, he wears a pale blue combat suit with a popped collar and exposed neck. Cyan boots and gloves adorn his arms and legs, with the same silver braces from his alter ego present on his arms, now larger than before. A silver chestplate with a 01 on the left breast plate sits on his torso, 2 pale blue shoulder pads attached to it. Kneepads and elbow pads protect his… well, knees and elbows. A helmet with a silver mouthpiece and a 3 pointed, black visor covers his head.
Personality: David is a pretty nice guy, and loves helping people out. He looked up to heroes, wishing to be like them. He also hates seeing others cry or be sad, and will usually do his best to cheer them up.
Powers/Abilties: As a cyborg super soldier, David has several boosts to his normal human abilities. His strength, speed, stamina, and defenses are all increased. His grip strength allows him to bend steel,he can jump up to 60 feet (roughly 18 meters) in the air, can put decently sized indents in steel walls, and he can run at speeds upward of 50 MPH (or 80.4672 KMPH). Without his suit, David can withstand sword blows and small caliber gun rounds. With the suit, he can handle being shot at with armor piercing rounds, as the suit is made from a special material.

David is exceptionally skilled in CQC, and medium range weapons are also something he is proficient in. His suit’s helmet features various displays. Examples include a radar that alerts him of enemies up to 50 feet away, a display that shows him his current state of health, and a gauge that shows how much power he's using. The helmet also features a gasmask that slides over his mouth when the suit detects harmful gases in the air, and a light that comes through the visor for night missions.

In addition, there is a last ditch effort mode for the suit, known as the Reincarnate system, which pushes his power to max, but only for 3 minutes, lest he self destruct because his cybernetics can't handle it for much longer than that.

Gear: David possess a motorcycle that he uses to get around, named the Power Cycle. It’s appearance is altered when he transforms, allowing him to get around without suspicion of who he really is.
Weakness (Something big enough that it could disable most of, if not ALL of their powers): David, despite his power, is not invincible. He is not immune to magic in either state, and a powerful EMP can knock him out for an extended period of time. Also, he sucks with long range weapons.
Origin Story (in otherwords, your backstory): David started out life fine, looking up to heroes from a young age. When he was still young, his family’s house caught fire, and he became trapped. The emergency crews outside couldn’t quite figure out how to get to him, as trying to remove the debris was more dangerous than they had thought. A blue blur swept by, and saved him that day. The only thing he was ever able to remember about his mysterious rescuer was the 00 emblazoned on his chest. That night, David lost his mother, and his father had been wheelchair bound. Years later, after helping a young child out, David is kidnapped by an evil organization, and forcefully turned into a cyborg by them to use as a super soldier. He is assisted by a spy in escaping, but the spy is shot down on their way out. Seeing his chance to finally become a hero, he chooses to use his new found powers to help out the city with their villain problem.
Other: Holy alter ego, Batman!
Last edited by AceOfDeath Piplupm on 28 Dec 2017 01:37, edited 3 times in total.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

FUNYjk27

Post#2 » 17 Dec 2017 00:51

Just here to say I'll join this as soon as I have enough time to get an app written.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

smartdevon

Post#3 » 17 Dec 2017 01:27

Name: Liam Cooper
Superhero name: (He never gave himself one)
Species: Human
Appearance (both in and out of costume):
[+] Normal Appearance

[+] Super Appearance

Personality (optional): Liam prides himself in his sarcastic wit. Lots of people find him annoying, he can also be a bit disrespectful sometimes. He'll poke fun at other people mercilessly. Liam was bullied a lot in school, so he takes great joy in showing who he deems "bullies" his power.
Powers/Abilties: Liam possesses a sapphire pendant that allows the user to create Ice. He can lower the temperature of anything by transferring the heat out of it. He can also use the moisture in the air to create and shape Ice. He can manipulate the moisture's momentum as it freezes, letting him do things like shoot icicles.
Gear: Sapphire Pendant (Formally known as the Frost King's Crown, for reasons you'll see in the origin story)
Weakness Losing his pendant, not only will he be completely incapable of using his powers, but whoever takes it could begin to use his powers for themselves.
Also fire.
[+] Origin Story
Liam loved going places he wasn't supposed to. One such place was the crash site for a UFO that'd just crashed on the Manhattan Beach. The area, normally a public beach, had been closed off as researchers tried to study the large metal orb that'd dropped from the sky. It was about ten yards in diameter, it looked just like one that'd been found in Germany earlier that year. Liam found it quite unfair that the government wouldn't let anyone see the orb. It'd come from space, it didn't belong to the US government or anything. He knew it'd be difficult to get close enough during the day so he snuck by in the cover of the night. It was still being watched of course as no one had been able to move it yet, but security was noticeably thinner, and the darkness provided adequate cover. Liam soon however, found he was not the only one who wanted to see it. Two woman approached from the west of the beach, Liam was hiding in the parking lot, which gave him good view of the happenings, One of the woman had dark, almost black hair. She was wearing a purple coat and black skirt. Accompanying her was a shorter girl. her hair was blond with magenta highlights, and went only down to her shoulders. She was considerably younger than the first woman, and wore a black leather coat. Immediately once they were spotted they were stopped by security. The older woman spoke with him for a bit and pointed toward the parking lot where Liam was hiding, to Liam's shock and surprise the security guards began making their way over to him. Liam crawled under a truck letting the security guards pass him. They kept going deeper into the parking lot, the other guards followed them, leaving the orb unguarded. Liam closed in. He could overhear the women's conversation in bits an pieces at first, phrases like "-Just like the one at the academy." "-Another Child." "The Andromeda Galaxy." Liam recognized that phrase, Andromeda was the closest galaxy to the milky way, was that where this thing had come from. Liam could hear full sentances, He was hiding behind some porta-pottys. "My brother told me there should be a hidden control panel on the side, about a square foot, look for it." The older woman said to the younger.
"Miss Lana... if you don't mind me asking... um..."
"Go ahead." The older woman, presumably Miss Lana, said.
"Why is your brother so curious about this craft?"
"Oh that's simple, the one in Germany was found by..." there was a short pause "My son. There was a girl inside from andromeda. Kevin thinks this craft may have clues about her homeworld." That was a tasty bit of information. The women searched the spear for this panel but their searching was cut off when the waves started acting up.
"I sense magic." The younger woman said. they both faced the waves, there was one point where they were behaving very abnormal for no foreseeable reason, the water crashed together and stretched apart before it froze in an instant. The waves were still standing up when they froze, and someone walked out of a tunnel of ice created in the sea. A man with long white hair and a fur coat, adorning a silver crown with a sapphire embedded in the middle. He was accompanied by two humanoid figures composed of snow.
"Austin Caldron. What brings you here?" Miss Lana inquired,
"That's quite a way to address a king, princess." The man replied. This was getting complicated. Liam thought.
"Well excuse me for being so informal, but I do know what brings you here you rotten swine. You're here to claim my life." Liam took a look around, the security guards were still nowhere to be seen. When Liam looked back the three were already fighting, but not by fists, Liam could only describe the scene in front of him as a wizard battle.
"A wizard battle between a king and princess in front of a UFO from andromeda." Liam said aloud to myself. "Sounds like something from a bad movie." Liam noticed something about the king, most of his attacks were ice based. The beings who'd accompanied him, which after seeing magic at work, Liam conceded to calling 'snow golems' had already fallen. Miss Lana did a move that Liam questioned at first, she caused the king's crown to fly off his head and land behind Liam in the parkinglot. but once she'd done so, the kings ice magic ceased. Liam was quick to put it together, he went over to where the crown landed to find it shattered. It was made of Ice, not silver. The Sapphire however, was just fine. Liam picked up the gem. It felt cold, but he felt something strange aswell. Liam closed his eyes and visions of Ice, snow, blizzards, and hail flooded his mind. Liam opened his eyes and saw what seemed to be a miracle. His skin was covered in frost, but he wasn't the slightest bit cold. the hairs on his arms had turned a perfect white. Liam pulled out his phone and examined his reflection. His hair had also become white, and his eyes, a crystal blue. The king lost his power upon losing the gem, so did that mean... Liam touched the pavement and watched as it gained a layer of this ice. He heard footsteps. The king to reclaim claim his crown!? Liam looked for a place to hide but it was too late.
"Seems we've had a spectator." the voice belonged to the older woman. Her accomplice stood next to her. Liam stood up and gazed at the beach, to see the king dead.
"Well it was quite a show." Liam said doning a grin. When things got bad, it was important to look confident. "Princess." He added.
"Eavesdropping were you?"
"Got a problem?" Liam challenged.
"Christine, have you ever given someone amnesia?" Lana asked the younger girl.
"I don't think witchcraft will be necessary." Liam insisted. "I think we can make a deal."

Last edited by smartdevon on 19 Dec 2017 05:16, edited 4 times in total.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

WoodGreen

Post#4 » 17 Dec 2017 01:51

Count me in! I'll get to work on my app
I'm with stupid
I
V

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#5 » 17 Dec 2017 02:37

smartdevon wrote:Qr Bbpost Name: Liam Cooper
Superhero name: (He never gave himself one)
Species: Human
Appearance (both in and out of costume): (Will add pictures later)
Personality (optional): Liam prides himself in his sarcastic wit. Lots of people find him annoying, he can also be a bit disrespectful sometimes. He'll poke fun at other people mercilessly. Liam was bullied a lot in school, so he takes great joy in showing who he deems "bullies" his power.
Powers/Abilties: Liam possesses a sapphire pendant that allows the user to create Ice. He can lower the temperature of anything by transferring the heat out of it. He can also use the moisture in the air to create and shape Ice. He can manipulate the moisture's momentum as it freezes, letting him do things like shoot icicles.
Gear: Sapphire Pendant (Formally known as the Frost King's Crown, for reasons you'll see in the origin story)
Weakness Losing his pendant, not only will he be completely incapable of using his powers, but whoever takes it could begin to use his powers for themselves.
Also fire.
[+] Origin Story
Liam loved going places he wasn't supposed to. One such place was the crash site for a UFO that'd just crashed on the Manhattan Beach. The area, normally a public beach, had been closed off as researchers tried to study the large metal orb that'd dropped from the sky. It was about ten yards in diameter, it looked just like one that'd been found in Germany earlier that year. Liam found it quite unfair that the government wouldn't let anyone see the orb. It'd come from space, it didn't belong to the US government or anything. He knew it'd be difficult to get close enough during the day so he snuck by in the cover of the night. It was still being watched of course as no one had been able to move it yet, but security was noticeably thinner, and the darkness provided adequate cover. Liam soon however, found he was not the only one who wanted to see it. Two woman approached from the west of the beach, Liam was hiding in the parking lot, which gave him good view of the happenings, One of the woman had dark, almost black hair. She was wearing a purple coat and black skirt. Accompanying her was a shorter girl. her hair was blond with magenta highlights, and went only down to her shoulders. She was considerably younger than the first woman, and wore a black leather coat. Immediately once they were spotted they were stopped by security. The older woman spoke with him for a bit and pointed toward the parking lot where Liam was hiding, to Liam's shock and surprise the security guards began making their way over to him. Liam crawled under a truck letting the security guards pass him. They kept going deeper into the parking lot, the other guards followed them, leaving the orb unguarded. Liam closed in. He could overhear the women's conversation in bits an pieces at first, phrases like "-Just like the one at the academy." "-Another Child." "The Andromeda Galaxy." Liam recognized that phrase, Andromeda was the closest galaxy to the milky way, was that where this thing had come from. Liam could hear full sentances, He was hiding behind some porta-pottys. "My brother told me there should be a hidden control panel on the side, about a square foot, look for it." The older woman said to the younger.
"Miss Lana... if you don't mind me asking... um..."
"Go ahead." The older woman, presumably Miss Lana, said.
"Why is your brother so curious about this craft?"
"Oh that's simple, the one in Germany was found by..." there was a short pause "My son. There was a girl inside from andromeda. Kevin thinks this craft may have clues about her homeworld." That was a tasty bit of information. The women searched the spear for this panel but their searching was cut off when the waves started acting up.
"I sense magic." The younger woman said. they both faced the waves, there was one point where they were behaving very abnormal for no foreseeable reason, the water crashed together and stretched apart before it froze in an instant. The waves were still standing up when they froze, and someone walked out of a tunnel of ice created in the sea. A man with long white hair and a fur coat, adorning a silver crown with a sapphire embedded in the middle. He was accompanied by two humanoid figures composed of snow.
"Austin Caldron. What brings you here?" Miss Lana inquired,
"That's quite a way to address a king, princess." The man replied. This was getting complicated. Liam thought.
"Well excuse me for being so informal, but I do know what brings you here you rotten swine. You're here to claim my life." Liam took a look around, the security guards were still nowhere to be seen. When Liam looked back the three were already fighting, but not by fists, Liam could only describe the scene in front of him as a wizard battle.
"A wizard battle between a king and princess in front of a UFO from andromeda." Liam said aloud to myself. "Sounds like something from a bad movie." Liam noticed something about the king, most of his attacks were ice based. The beings who'd accompanied him, which after seeing magic at work, Liam conceded to calling 'snow golems' had already fallen. Miss Lana did a move that Liam questioned at first, she caused the king's crown to fly off his head and land behind Liam in the parkinglot. but once she'd done so, the kings ice magic ceased. Liam was quick to put it together, he went over to where the crown landed to find it shattered. It was made of Ice, not silver. The Sapphire however, was just fine. Liam picked up the gem. It felt cold, but he felt something strange aswell. Liam closed his eyes and visions of Ice, snow, blizzards, and hail flooded his mind. Liam opened his eyes and saw what seemed to be a miracle. His skin was covered in frost, but he wasn't the slightest bit cold. the hairs on his arms had turned a perfect white. Liam pulled out his phone and examined his reflection. His hair had also become white, and his eyes, a crystal blue. The king lost his power upon losing the gem, so did that mean... Liam touched the pavement and watched as it gained a layer of this ice. He heard footsteps. The king to reclaim claim his crown!? Liam looked for a place to hide but it was too late.
"Seems we've had a spectator." the voice belonged to the older woman. Her accomplice stood next to her. Liam stood up and gazed at the beach, to see the king dead.
"Well it was quite a show." Liam said doning a grin. When things got bad, it was important to look confident. "Princess." He added.
"Eavesdropping were you?"
"Got a problem?" Liam challenged.
"Christine, have you ever given someone amnesia?" Lana asked the younger girl.
"I don't think witchcraft will be necessary." Liam insisted. "I think we can make a deal."

Accepted!
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

FUNYjk27

Post#6 » 18 Dec 2017 19:48

Quick question here, what kind of villains will we be fighting and on how large of a scale? I'm having trouble deciding how much power to give my character.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#7 » 18 Dec 2017 19:50

FUNYjk27 wrote:Qr Bbpost Quick question here, what kind of villains will we be fighting and on how large of a scale? I'm having trouble deciding how much power to give my character.

Like in an actual comic book, varying levels and kinds. There could be your standard super powerful villians, or the less standard, silly and mostly weak villians.

Probored

Post#8 » 18 Dec 2017 20:34

Ooh can I help with being the villain? If not Ill submit a superhero application form

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#9 » 18 Dec 2017 21:00

Probored wrote:Qr Bbpost Ooh can I help with being the villain? If not Ill submit a superhero application form

Anyone can make a villian if they want, So go ahead.

THE_BUTLER00

Post#10 » 19 Dec 2017 03:11

OOC: I'm reserving three spots, I'll post them tomorrow.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)