Heroes of our Time (Superhero RP)

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#401 » 12 Jan 2018 18:42

David walked inside, his radar scanning for traps. Re;Birth followed behind, his steel barrel making clanking sounds with every step.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

FUNYjk27

Post#402 » 13 Jan 2018 02:01

Ooc: sorry about not posting in this for a while, I got distracted by doing stuff with my family and sort of forgot about this :? I'll try to ceatch up and make a real post soon!
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

Probored

Post#403 » 15 Jan 2018 02:46

"LEVEL ONE, THE BOOKSTORE OF DEATH" Tubman narrated as the team entered the building. "I hope none of you can fly as it will make this all worthlessThis place is quite creepy, it is a musty old bookstore, after all. hopefully you won't be scared out of your SPINES!" As Tubman said that, he pressed a button, suddenly the book covers of almost all the books in the library detached themselves from their books and flew straight towards the group with lightning speed. He had spent weeks rigging almost every single book in the library to a spring mechanism that would detach the spines of the book from their covers and would send the covers flying at the entrance. He had also replaced the book covers with sheets of metal, so it was like hundreds of paper shurikens were sent flying at the group.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#404 » 15 Jan 2018 03:03

Taking cover from the shuriken book covers, David began to scan the room for a safe path.

Re;Birth just dropped a medal into his belt, and, after ducking, twisted the knob of his belt several times, his armor appearing over him. He tanked a couple, which barely even scratched the armor, and rushed ahead.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

WoodGreen

Post#405 » 15 Jan 2018 10:05

ooc: I'm guessing Harrison's attempt to climb the side of the library didn't work? It would ruin the fun of the boobytraps
I'm with stupid
I
V

Kronosam

Post#406 » 15 Jan 2018 14:06

Enigma

He raises his arms and a barrier of red lightning engulfs him and he continues to walk towards the stairs, the books turning to dust on contact with the barrier.

FUNYjk27

Post#407 » 16 Jan 2018 04:24

In a strange mixture of grumpiness and somberness Nicole had made her way to join the rest of the group in stoping Tubman. When she finally caught up with everyone in the library the book spines were already in the air and one even hit her head at an awkward angle as she unexpectedly entered the room. Though dazed and confused for a moment she quickly caught on to what had happened and tried to retreat to the nearest form of cover.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

THE_BUTLER00

Post#408 » 16 Jan 2018 05:06

OOC: I am going to attempt to return now.

Mac:
Mac had froze when Combat arose, as he didn't have his laptop, which meant he couldn't summon anything to protect himself, instead he just kept his arms over his head until it was over.

Jamison:
Jamison moaned from his hospital bed, his wounds were healing, as was Chaos. It wouldn't be long until they were out of here.

Bradley:
Bradley had followed the group going after Tubman in silence, checking his guns every once in a while. That was, until the shuriken book covers started, which was when he went into his defensive maneuver, tucking and rolling into cover and looking for an OFF switch to shoot.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

Probored

Post#409 » 18 Jan 2018 07:42

"Dammit, that didn't work out too well. Ummm, okay. TAKE THIS!" Tubman presses a button on his control panel
"Wait crap that was the unlock button for the employee staircase leading directly to me." Tubman said as the doors to the staircase get unlocked
"Umm, you guys sure you don't want to take the long way up?"

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#410 » 18 Jan 2018 18:23

Re;Birth rushed up the stairs, pulling out 3 medals, each a different shade of green, and holding the image of insects. He placed them in his belt, and turned the dial, before speaking, a grin on his face under his helmet.

"Armament Change..."

[KUWAGATA. KAMAKIRI. BATTA. GATAKIRIBA ARMAMENT!] (Stag Beetle. Mantis. Grasshopper. GataKiriBa Armament!] Green energy seeped out of the armor's orbs, altering it's appearence. The black bodysuit remained the same, but the armor bits had changed drastically, with a praying mantis blade forming a sash over his chest, and blades attached to his guantlets that looked like they could fold out, colored a bright, almost lime green. His helmet's visor changed to have two protrusions on top resemling a stag beetle's pincers, and the eyes became more buglike, while the silver of the normal helmet turned to a standard green color. His legs turned a somewhat brighter green than the helmet, and gained paneled sections along the greaves, with what looked like hinges at the knee.

He began to run faster up the steps. "Let's hope you can entertain me more than your pitiful robots did."

David followed after, raising a masked eyebrow as the newcomer's armor changed.