Space Pirates of the Supernova

smartdevon

Post#1 » 17 Jan 2018 06:30

Wake up! We've got a raid today! What's the matter? You look delirious, are you feeling alright? Ok fine, let me jog your memory. You're a member of The Star Krakens, a group of viscous space pirates who are feared throughout the galaxy! Well, we will be soon anyways, we're working on that ya see. Though it'd help if the captain wasn't such a softie sometimes... Ahem! Anyways, today we're raiding Velvet Sparrow It's a super expensive mother-ship known to host killer parties for the richest of tycoons. Those guests are living off of blood money anyways so it's not like they don't deserve a little roughing-up. Now if you're finally back to your senses it's time to gear up. We're launching our attack in only a few minutes.

If you're ready for a swashbuckling adventure full of surprise and risk, then fill out the application below to join our crew.

Name:
Personality:
Strengths/Talents:
Fears/Weaknesses: (Required 2)
Gear: (See below)
Appearance:

[+] Your brave Captain Holst
Name: Cutler Holst (Captain Holst)
Species: Human
Backstory: When Cutler grew up middle class. He started attending space college but flunked and ended up with no
degree and tons of debt. He was unable to get a job due to his lack of job expirience and one day decided "well, if
society thinks I'm the scum of the galaxy, I guess I'll show em' how capable I really am!" Cutler then became a
pirate and started going by 'Captain Holst'. Captain Holst's first objective was to build a crew. He visited the
slums and sometimes made offers to people he'd just taken hostage. Wherever he could find someone down on their luck,
that person got an offer to join the Star Krakens.
Personality: Captain Holst beleives society has wronged him by not giving him a fair chance at life, as such he feels
as though he deserves what he steals, and that rich people deserve to be stolen from. He can get quite greedy, and make
risky decisions for the prospect of gain. Captain Holst also has a sense of humor though, and places a lot of value in
a good laugh. Holst can be a softie when it comes to cute animals. His favorite are penguins, but also loves kittens and
puppies. Host can be very emotional, his feelings can cloud his judgement.
Strengths/Talents: He's good at tactics and flying spaceships, deep intimidating voice
Fears/Weaknesses: Emotional, Poor eating habbits led to lack of physical strength, Easily distracted, Afraid of apes
Gear: phaseblade, roller blades, grappling hook
Appearance: Medium black hair, short beard, square build, red jacket
(You can incorporate Holst's backstory into your backstory if you'd like)

I'm hoping for a wide variety of characters (we're gonna need it to survive as space-pirates) So to help get you're inspiration flowing I'm putting together a list of recommended gear-sets. This should also help you discern the level of power you're allowed to have.

Hacker (Smartphone & Laptop, as well as other hacking gadgets)
Gunner (Dual Semi-Automatic Pistols)
Duelist (Phaseblades & Roller Blades)
Pilot (Mech)
Sniper (Sniper Rifle)
Heavy (Gatling Gun, Steel armor & Force Field)
Mechanic (Tool box, Manual Pistol, Blowtorch & Mask, can fix stuff)

Feel free to mix & match your equipment

[+] Info on Mechs
Mech? what kind of cool weapons does that come with?
I'll tell you, mechs can have one weapon per arm, and they only have two arms, potential arm weapons include:
Phaseblade
Gatling Gun
Flamethrower (needs oxygen to work)
Drill
Actual Hand
Mechs are typically around eight feet tall (2.4 meters) and four feet wide (1.2 meters) so doors can also be a problem

I will tell you if your character is too OP, and I'll be harsher here than normal. I'll let you in on a little secret, The Star Krakens aren't actually all that famous in fact they've only been at the game for a few years now. This roleplay will be about their rise. We're doin this rags to riches style. Don't worry, you'll have opportunities to get stronger.

[+] Our Ship
ImageImage

Crew
[+] Jax -KronoSam-
http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=561#p22552

[+] Uni -Ace-
http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=561#p22558

[+] Penny -Hunter-
http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=561&start=10#p22663

[+] Jason -Butler-
http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=561&start=10#p22666

[+] Robin -Butler-
http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=561&start=10#p22666

[+] Carlos and Goliath
http://havenstation.nogbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=561&start=10#p22657
Last edited by smartdevon on 29 Jan 2018 00:48, edited 13 times in total.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#2 » 17 Jan 2018 08:34

Will be signing up for this (without a transforming character if you can believe that) later.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

WoodGreen

Post#3 » 17 Jan 2018 09:13

count me in!
I'm with stupid
I
V

Kronosam

Post#4 » 17 Jan 2018 17:05

Name: Jackson(Jax) Teller
Backstory: Grew up in a large city on the planet Earth called New York in an area of slums. He always knew that he wanted something better, so at the age of 16 he left his home and made his way into space, to one of the colonies earth had set up. There he met a group of smugglers and joined them for several years, however he would soon leave due to a betrayal from his friend and ended up making his way back to the slums on Earth to visit his dying mother. There he met Holst and would become one of the original members of his crew.
Personality: He is through and through a decent human being, however he craves fun, so he puts up a facade of not caring about anything. Will only kill if completely necessary and there is no other choice.
Strengths/Talents: He is very proficient at hand to hand combat, good with guns and swords.
Fears/Weaknesses: Cannot fight in zero gravity, at all, he has no practice. He is also terrible at flying. He doesn’t have much armour which means he is pretty weak to guns and swords if he doesn’t protect himself.
Gear: He is a mix of Gunner and Duelist. He has one semi automatic pistol and a phaseblade.
Appearance: He has long dark red hair that’s shaven at the sides and back. A long black cloak, black tight jeans and a pair of combat boots.
Last edited by Kronosam on 18 Jan 2018 19:17, edited 2 times in total.

smartdevon

Post#5 » 17 Jan 2018 17:37

Id like your character to have one more minor weakness, to round it out a bit more, since there are 3 items lusted in strengths (hand to hand, guns, swords)
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Kronosam

Post#6 » 17 Jan 2018 18:26

No problem, added another one

smartdevon

Post#7 » 17 Jan 2018 19:41

Accepted!

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#8 » 17 Jan 2018 23:19

Name: Uniga Nowa (Uni for short)
Backstory: Uniga, or as her friends and family called her, Uni, is an ambitious girl. Always had been. She secretly longed for adventure, to have some excitement in her life... So when her home planet was attacked by space pirates, she jumped on the chance to go on an adventure by stowing away on one of the ships. Overhearing some of the pirates of that ship talking about something called "The Greatest Treasure in the Universe", she had decided what the goal of this adventure would be: Find that treasure for herself... Then those ships were shot down and she stranded on a desert planet (that she later found out had a coupls towns in the exact opposite direction she had decided to walk), where she quickly learned how to use all manners of firearms as a way to survive. Determining that she would be unable to get her prize without some help, she began looking for crews to join. When she heard of the group called the Star Krakens, she basically threw herself at them without revealing anything of her true goal. And that is how Uni became a member.
Personality: Uniga is obsessed with all manner of firearms. She's excitable, and a very happy person overall. In the field however, she can be a completely different person; Sharp, calm, orderly, and most of all, focused on the task at hand.
Strengths/Talents: Because of her slim build and low armor, Uni is fast, and is able to react to things absurdly quick. She has great agility, and is excellent with all manners of guns, adapting quickly and easily to a new weapon. She can also tinker with some things to see how they tick or even fix them.
Fears/Weaknesses: (Required 2) She can't really do much at close range, and she wears very little armor. Basically, get in close and she's useless.
Gear: Standard gunner set, as well as cleaning supplies for a very large variety of weapons. She also keeps a sniper rifle on her incase of needed super long distance.
Appearance: Uniga possesses long black hair tied into twin tails, and has slightly tanned skin, with dark red eyes. She wears a cloak over top a black and cyan slim bodysuit, with padding on the chest, shoulders, lower arms, and legs. Across her waist she wears a belt that holds her extra ammo and holsters for her guns, as well as trail food and such for longer missions. On her head she wears a pair of goggles for when such occassions that would require them come up.
Last edited by AceOfDeath Piplupm on 17 Jan 2018 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

Post#9 » 17 Jan 2018 23:28

Cool Character, but dodging bullets is a littlw too OP, I reccomend substituting it for fast reaction time and agility

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#10 » 17 Jan 2018 23:30

Ooc: There, done.

Return to “Roleplays”