Space Pirates of the Supernova

smartdevon

Post#11 » 17 Jan 2018 23:33

Accepted!
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

FUNYjk27

Post#12 » 18 Jan 2018 18:16

I want to join this but I'm afraid I won't have the time to make an app for a few days and might not be able to keep up.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

smartdevon

Post#13 » 18 Jan 2018 18:55

FUNYjk27 wrote:Source of the post I want to join this but I'm afraid I won't have the time to make an app for a few days and might not be able to keep up.

then make your character a lazy mechanic who falls asleep for days on end without warning. He could be some cool species that needs to sleep a lot to stay healthy.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Kronosam

Post#14 » 18 Jan 2018 19:17

Edited my app slightly to incorporate Holsts background into mine.

smartdevon

Post#15 » 19 Jan 2018 05:34

looks good to me

WoodGreen

Post#16 » 23 Jan 2018 23:14

unfinished, no peaking! :p
[+] WIP
Name: Carlos Rowmerry
Species: Human
Backstory: When his short lived career as a performing magician began to fail, Carlos looked for alternatives to earn cash. Luckily, the world was full of stupid people who could be manipulated. Pickpocketing was too obvious, so Carlos took to the streets as a performer. He would take peoples wallets, make them disappear and reappear in front of their very eyes, relieving them of some of their cash in the process. Never enough for them notice. However, things went pear shaped when a victim counted their money after the trick. This victim was the leader of a gang, who later tracked down and attacked Carlos, dragging him to their hideout in a warehouse. He was kept there under the guard of a giant of a man, who luckily wasn't very smart. Carlos abused the low light and imitated the voice of the gang leader he had robbed, claiming the gang had risen up against him. The impression was excellent and the guard believed him. Having sword allegiance to the gang leader, the guard opened the cell and the two slaughtered the majority of the gang before escaping. Now with blood on his hands, Carlos and his new bodyguard fled the scene. A few days later, he found himself in a game of cards with a certain Captain Holst. He was close to winning a nice sum of money from the Captain, having cheated of course, but then he had a better idea. He offered to not take the money, and in return the Captain should accept the duo into his crew. It would be a good way to escape the remaining gang members and the authorities.
Personality: Cool and cocky, Carlos fancies himself as a captain one day. He loves to have an audience, especially one that easily falls for the simplest of tricks. He adores deception and trickery, whether for entertainment or more... devious purposes.
Strengths/Talents: Deception, Performance, Dueling/armed melee combat
Fears/Weaknesses: (Required 2) EMPs/Anti tech weapons - knocks out electronic gear. Relatively weak - relies on manipulating an opponents strength in a duel, but will underperform in tasks of sheer strength. Overconfident - Hates not being in control, and can often trick himself into believing he knows more than he does.
Gear: (See below)
Phase Sabre - A curved, metal sword that can be wielded in one hand. It is a single-edged weapon, and only the blade edge becomes... phasey?
Charge Pistol - Rather than firing when the trigger is pulled, this weapon fires when released. The weapon can be charged by holding down the trigger. After five seconds, the weapon reaches maximum charge. Once the trigger is released, the weapon will fire one shot for each second the trigger was held.
Palm Shield - A metal disk embedded in his left palm can project a shield the size of a buckler at a point of his choosing around his hand. While excellent in melee and useful in range, an assault rifle (and above) will shred the shield in a second, and high-power sniper rifles will penetrate straight through.
Deck of Cards - Everyone loves a magic trick.
Ace of Spades - Tucked into the band on his hat is an ordinary-looking ace of spades. However, the card is razor-edged and could be used as a knife in desperate circumstances, whether as a tool or a weapon. He's not half-bad at throwing it either.
Appearance:
Carlos loves to look and feel extravagant, but not impractical. He wears a black and grey trench coat, he loves the feel of it flowing behind him, the next best thing to a cape. He also wears a Stetson of a similar colour scheme. Useful for tricks, but not a silly-looking as a top hat. A black beard, just thick enough to conceal his skin, clings to his his pointed chin.

Name: Goliath
Species: Human (genetically overclocked)
Backstory: Goliath was one of may born to be perfect soldiers. Strong, loyal, and not smart enough to know what "surrender" means. Too many syllables. Unfortunately, Goliath wasn't deemed good enough for military use, and was sold off as a hired gun. He found himself working for a city gang, mainly protecting their warehouse hideout. This changed when who he believed was the gang leader was overthrown and locked under his watch. However, he had sworn his service to the leader and so he opened the cell when ordered to. Having re-sworn his service to the person he shortly found out to not be the gang leader, the pair broke out from the warehouse, massacring gang members in their path. Goliath has remained in the prisoner's service ever since.
Personality: Incredibly aggressive and loyal, once in your service Goliath will never leave your side. He has a few hobbies, including shooting stuff, smashing stuff, and setting stuff on fire. Due to his overclocked biology, Goliath tends to sleep between raids in order to restore his energy.
Strengths/Talents: Incredibly strong - even without his exoskeleton. If you want a pickle jar opened... actually, don't ask Goliath. He's not exactly delicate. Loyal - He will follow an order to the letter (as long as it doesn't use big words) and will never consider retreat. He's simply unable to consider it.
Fears/Weaknesses: (Required 2) Simple Minded - Not a tactician of any kind, probably can't even solve a crossword puzzle. Exposed Back - His shield generator is mounted on his back, making them easy targets for flanking enemies.His gatling gun is also fixed forwards
Gear: (See below)
Battle Exoskeleton - The middle ground between body armour and a mech, this exoskeleton provides excellent protection and comes with a few fun features
AI Core - You really think Goliath can take care of the suit? Hah! Of course not. An AI core is tasked with monitoring the suit and gets very irritated when the suit is damaged.
Gatling gun - Rather self explanatory. This shoulder mounted weapon can only be fired when Goliath kneels as the recoil would knock him over.
Shield Generator - Can generate a shield around Goliath and very nearby allies. In a dome shape, it provides cover from all angles but is only slightly stronger than Carlos' palm shield. It will hold off assault rifles for a few seconds, but won't stop sniper rifles. The shield can be concentrated in a single direction, making it much stronger, requiring concentrated fire to shatter. However, it leaves himself exposed from other angles if flanked.
Fists - A genetically enhanced supersoldier in an exoskeleton is going to have a pretty mean punch
Appearance: Goliath is well, Goliath. He's broad, tall and muscular, wearing a simple white T shirt and loose trousers (sorry, pants :p )his bald face sports a square jaw and suprisingly kind eyes
Last edited by WoodGreen on 29 Jan 2018 00:39, edited 13 times in total.
I'm with stupid
I
V

HunterOfEvil

Post#17 » 24 Jan 2018 03:32

Name: Penny Appegandria
Species: human
Backstory: Penny grew up on the streets with her parents and two brothers, her older brother Chico and her younger brother Maunie. Her father was generally an honorable man, but had to resort to theivery and sneaking in order to support his starving family. Penny's mother fell ill, and though the children did their very best to revive her, it was clear she needed medicine. Penny's father snuck off to steal some, as they did not have the money to buy it, but was caught in the act and arrested. Her mother died shortly after. The orphans stuck together until a run-in with the police split them up, forcing them to hide away separately until they might one day find each other again.
Penny began tinkering at a young age, building little toys and trinkets out of scraps she’s scavanged around. She continued practicing, and her first proper invention was a little distraction wind-up robot to aid in stealing.
She snuck onto the ship a few years ago as a stowaway. She was found out by the captain, but her incredible engineering skills earned herself a place on the crew instead of being sent out for trespassing.
Personality: cheery, optimistic, intelligent. She loves making friends and showing off her creations.
Strengths/Talents: a talented inventor and engineer, she is great at working with electronics and fixing things. She is fairly strong and acrobatic. She is also pretty good with people and has an acute sense of hearing.
Fears/Weaknesses: Penny fears the police, bounty hunters, and any form of law enforcement. She also can’t swim and hates large bodies of water, and sometimes gets nightmares and can’t sleep.
Gear: She carries around her tools, spare bottles of ammo for her weapon, and a backpack full of nicknacks and basic needs for survival.
Penny has invented two weapons; she sports a flamethrower with several settings and three different types of usable ammo, and a spear-like contraption with a customizable blade that can shoot out like a grappling hook.
Fiery Tune: (inspired by Coco Adele's weapon from RWBY)
The flamethrower sits on hooks on Penny's belt in it's dormant form while not in use, with the barrel pulled all the way in and the safety on. When turned on, the short form of the barrel fires small fireballs, while the extended version fires a cone of flame. The weapon can also fire energy attacks that work the same way.

Runner: (inspired by Crescent Rose from RWBY)
Runner is a spear-like weapon with jagged duel blades that can be shifted around to suit Penny's needs. They can slide up or extend to the side either individually or together, granting for some rather devastating attacks. They can also be shot out like a grappling hook and latch onto any object or surface, pulling the object to Penny or Penny towards the object. She is also working on powering it with electricity for sharper attacks, though that function is currently unfinished.

Appearance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by HunterOfEvil on 24 Jan 2018 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

smartdevon

Post#18 » 24 Jan 2018 03:58

Hunter your swiss-army flamethrower confuses me, can you simplify the weapon a bit? also can you add a brief explanation of where she got those weapons?

THE_BUTLER00

Post#19 » 24 Jan 2018 04:14

OOC: Now finished, The beginning of "The Thieves of the Blood Red Table"

Name: Jason "Jupiter" Quincy (Though also called "Arthur" by various underground sources)
Backstory: Jason was the leader of a mercenary group called "The Thieves of the Blood Red Table", which specialized in stealing and transporting of weapons, drugs, and sometimes even people. He left the group after one of the members ratted them out to the police, and he hasn't seen any of them (Except Robin) since. He started the organization at age 25 after the death of his mother and father, who were killed by a drug addict for cash.
Personality: Jason is deaf, and because of that, doesn't speak. He does have a wristwatch that speaks for him via reading his brainwaves (made by Robin), though he doesn't use it much, and when he does, it always sarcastically.
Strengths/Talents: Shooting things. Cooking. He also has some keen negotiating skills when he decides to use them. He also knows sign language and can read lips.
Fears/Weaknesses: He's rather self-conscious about what people might be saying about him both behind his back and right in front of him. He also has a fear of freezing to death.
Gear: He's like a cross between a Gunner and a Sniper, deciding to use a fully automatic pulse rifle.
Appearance: Jason has naturally brushed back black hair, with one wavy strand in the front. He also has a full, speckled salt and pepper beard. He usually wears dark aviator shades in his hair, but never on his face like normal. His closet consists of four colors: Red, Black, White, and Green. He has pocketed t-shirts in all four of the aforementioned colors. He also has multiple pears of black jeans, and a single pair of black and green sneakers.

Name: Real name known only by members of "The Thieves of the Blood Red Table" Goes by Robin, or Saturn.
Backstory: Robin was the technical master of "The Thieves of the Blood Red Table", and she found out that the galactic police force were coming to raid them the day her and Jason left. She had almost found out who was the rat before Jason forced her to leave. Robin was raised by Jason, who found her on the streets at just seven years old (Meaning he was 26 when he found her)
Personality: Robin isn't a people person, and would much rather work with her computer and mech. She gets pretty grumpy in the mornings, and when she hasn't had much sleep, which happens pretty much every night.
Strengths/Talents: She's a master hacker, and an above average mechanic, who is working on a prototype mech she's called "Atlus". Her left leg is a metal prosthetic that she built herself, so she can also deliver a mean left kick.
Fears/Weaknesses: Robin has severe insomnia caused by severe night terrors. She's also an avid caffeine drinker (specifically energy drinks) and gets pretty pissed without them. Other than that, she's also worthless in a fight, and completely terrified of trains (both above ground and underground). Robin also comes with a fair share of other medical issues, such as asthma, and panic/stress induced seizures, especially when on trains. (Basically in times of deep stress, she cracks up, and has a seizure.)
Gear: Her laptop, and the her power tools, which she uses to work on her prototype mech "Atlus" (1)
Appearance: Robin has freckle stained pale skin, curly copper hair that falls to her shoulders, dark hazel eyes, and a left eyebrow piercing (which Jason hates). She tends to wear either her black and red jumpsuit (For working on Atlus) or white tank-tops and blue jean shorts, with a pair of red Crocs with socks.

Reference:
[+] 1
Image Much like this, except black instead of white, bronze instead of red, and red eyes instead of green. Also rocket powered boots instead of wheels.

Also OOC: Is it okay if Jason gets a mech later on?
Last edited by THE_BUTLER00 on 25 Jan 2018 04:05, edited 3 times in total.
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

FUNYjk27

Post#20 » 24 Jan 2018 04:54

Ooc: it's not finished yet but I wanted to make sure that what's here is ok as I'm unsure of some of it and everything else would be working off of it. Also tell me if (A) we don't need another mechanic as I can quickly switch him over to somethings else and (B) I have made any crucial mistakes, I've been unnaturally stressed due to some back to school stuff lately and tend to make mistakes when I'm like that. Lastly I didn't get a chance to include it but the reason he has so much broken high end tech is it's basically family heirlooms which will be better explained in his backstory.

Name: Dormin or at least that's what he likes to go by as he's admitted its just a handle.
Species:
Age: 1500 or 100 depending on how you count his time spent studying inside temporal anomalies
Backstory:
Personality:
Strengths/Talents: Dormin is an all around good mechanic who can install, refit, remove, modify, and keep things running at relative efficiencies without too much trouble. Where he truly shines however is in long term overhauls and repairs, armed with years of experience in keeping things running long after when they should have died out and fallen apart he can make sure anything he's given lasts.
Fears/Weaknesses: -Dormin has a tendency to occasionally demand and regularly use rare or high end resources. While he can make do with bootleg knockoffs and second or even third or fourth hand resources this can still be a problem when simply finding the knockoffs and used materials is an ordeal in itself. -Dormin works at his own pace which while normally tolerable, if a little slow, he's better suited for long term projects than quick repairs. -On top of being just plain lazy he comes from a species who are capable of sometimes perceiving time subjectivity and on even rarer occasions a higher plane of existence. While this sounds useful it is really isn't more often than not and because of this Dormin can be extremely disconnected from reality at times and even sometimes loose track of what time he's physically existing in, leaving his body in a coma like state.
Gear: Heavily modified mechanic's equipment Including a half broken multi-tool in desperate need of repair lest it completely fall apart (currently he can only use it to turn screws, valves and such without fear of damaging it) with its broken features supplemented by a normal tool box, a [manual pistol], a somewhat unstable 'overclocked' blowtorch, and () in addition to this he has an old () engineer's hazard suit and exo-rig which in it's prime would be considered bleeding edge tech; designed to allow engineers to remotely interface with a ship's systems, shield the wearer from everything from electrical hazards to the vacuumed of space, and who knows what else. Now it's little more than a glorified spacesuit, with virtually every system except those required to go for a quick space walk in need of replacement and its power cells depleted and impossible to replace until the technology to make them is more commonplace and even then Dormin would need a literal fortune to get what he needs to fully repair it.
Appearance:
Last edited by FUNYjk27 on 25 Jan 2018 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

Return to “Roleplays”