When Summoners Call

User avatar
WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#11 » 20 Jan 2018 01:17

AceOfDeath Piplupm wrote:Qr Bbpost
WoodGreen wrote:Qr Bbpost
AceOfDeath Piplupm wrote:Qr Bbpost The armor and it's abilites do, but i feel the limitations I put upon them balance them out. His Greeed form just lets him be slightly more resistant than his human form, which is about as minimally resistant as a human body can be, given he's literally made out of magic medals more or less.

Are there numbers in the app im just missing? Such as the armour adding a few HP that can go over his max, or slight damage reduction, or the amount of damage his core burst and stuff actually does? I may have just missed it


I did not have those before, but now they are there.

Ok, looks good!



Now that I'm no longer super sleepy I can recommend some changes. Butler DEVON I MEAN DEVON SORRY, I'd suggest upping the cost of confuse as it cancels the only way an enemy can deal damage. I'd say it should cost 1 if it counters an attack prepped at level 1 or 2, but should cost 2AP if the attack is higher. Also just so I understand, what do you mean by paralyse? Can the enemy do nothing at all? because that's pretty powerful for a low cost. I could probably make tougher enemies resist stuns such as that and maybe give it a turn cooldown (at least for the same target) so you can't stunlock something while other people hit it. What do you think?
Last edited by WoodGreen on 20 Jan 2018 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
I'm with stupid
I
V

User avatar
smartdevon
Contact:

When Summoners Call

Post#12 » 20 Jan 2018 01:43

made some adjustments
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

User avatar
FUNYjk27

When Summoners Call

Post#13 » 20 Jan 2018 02:06

I really want to join this but as I said in Devon's new RP, I'm afraid I might not have the time. How fast do you think this will go because I might be able to join if it's at a slower pace.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

User avatar
Fireally

When Summoners Call

Post#14 » 20 Jan 2018 05:49

Name: Quip
Age: 15
Appearance: He's a small, blue, white and fluffy bird with a small saddlebag when carrying things around, which he will probably do a lot of in this RP.
Race/Species: Swablu (ooc: Are we doing the Smash Bros thing where type disadvantages are N/A?)
RP(s) Featured in: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Eclipse

Optional Stuff
Personality: Happy Go Lucky
Original Backstory: He showed the new people around town, participated in a tournament that he lost, and showed Alex and DJ his favorite place right before getting kidnapped.
RP Backstory: Waking up the day after rescue

HP: 6
AP: 4
Abilities:
Mirror Move 1AP - adds 1 turn of prepare, for and using, the enemy's last attack or ability. After that the move may be prepared as if it were Quip's, until he uses it. If it's an ability, he cannot use Mirror Move again until he uses the enemy's ability (No, he can't discard it), if he doesn't have enough AP to use it, he can prepare it up to the amount of AP it would take in conjunction with his remaining AP.
Ice Beam 1AP - shoots a beam of ice at the target,(1 damage + Prepare), which causes a freeze. Enemy looses 1/2 prep on most prepared move, rounding up. 5 turn cooldown.
Sing 2 AP - Lulls the target to sleep, lasting as many turns as prepared divided by 2, rounding up. (So, 3 turn prepare is a 2 turn effect.)
Moon Blast An explosive ball of pink, sparkly energy (Damage only. It's ranged doe)
Cotton Guard 3AP - Gives 3 prep of armor, essentially blocking 3 damage. It's like Devon's lightning, but defensive.

OoC: Let me know if I'm underpowered in comparisson to the others' abilities and need a buff. XD
Last edited by Fireally on 20 Jan 2018 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

User avatar
WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#15 » 20 Jan 2018 13:12

FUNYjk27 wrote:Qr Bbpost I really want to join this but as I said in Devon's new RP, I'm afraid I might not have the time. How fast do you think this will go because I might be able to join if it's at a slower pace.

It'll be fairly fast-paced I think.
I'm with stupid
I
V

User avatar
WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#16 » 20 Jan 2018 13:45

AceOfDeath Piplupm wrote:Qr Bbpost
WoodGreen wrote:Qr Bbpost
AceOfDeath Piplupm wrote:Qr Bbpost The armor and it's abilites do, but i feel the limitations I put upon them balance them out. His Greeed form just lets him be slightly more resistant than his human form, which is about as minimally resistant as a human body can be, given he's literally made out of magic medals more or less.

Are there numbers in the app im just missing? Such as the armour adding a few HP that can go over his max, or slight damage reduction, or the amount of damage his core burst and stuff actually does? I may have just missed it


I did not have those before, but now they are there.

Looks good pip! If you stack all those attack bonuses you're gonna be dealing some serious damage.
I'm with stupid
I
V

User avatar
WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#17 » 20 Jan 2018 13:49

Fireally wrote:Qr Bbpost Name: Quip
Age: 15
Appearance: He's a small, blue, white and fluffy bird with a small saddlebag when carrying things around, which he will probably do a lot of in this RP.
Race/Species: Swablu (ooc: Are we doing the Smash Bros thing where type disadvantages are N/A?)
RP(s) Featured in: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Eclipse

Optional Stuff
Personality: Happy Go Lucky
Original Backstory: He showed the new people around town, participated in a tournament that he lost, and showed Alex and DJ his favorite place right before getting kidnapped.
RP Backstory: Waking up the day after rescue

HP: 6
AP: 4
Abilities:
Mirror Move 1AP - adds 1 turn of prepare, for and using, the enemy's last attack or ability. After that the move may be prepared as if it were Quip's, until he uses it. If it's an ability, he cannot use Mirror Move again until he uses the enemy's ability (No, he can't discard it), if he doesn't have enough AP to use it, he can prepare it up to the amount of AP it would take in conjunction with his remaining AP.
Ice Beam 1AP - shoots a beam of ice at the target, which may freeze it (also doing damage). Enemy looses a turn or two on the most prepared move
Sing 2 AP - Lulls the target to sleep, lasting as many turns as prepared divided by 2, rounding up. (So, 3 turn prepare is a 2 turn effect.)
Moon Blast An explosive ball of pink, sparkly energy (Damage only. It's ranged doe)
Cotton Guard 3AP - Gives 3 prep of armor, essentially blocking 3 damage. It's like Devon's lightning, but defensive.

OoC: Let me know if I'm underpowered in comparisson to the others' abilities and need a buff. XD

For the most part this is really well done! I especially love Mirror Move. Ice Beam is a little vague though. How much damage does it deal? and what would freeze do exactly?
I'm with stupid
I
V

User avatar
WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#18 » 20 Jan 2018 13:52

Also Ace and Devon, you're both accepted. If we find out there are problems with abilities we can tweak them between fights, but it should be fine.
I'm with stupid
I
V

User avatar
Fireally

When Summoners Call

Post#19 » 20 Jan 2018 18:53

Edited
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

User avatar
THE_BUTLER00

When Summoners Call

Post#20 » 21 Jan 2018 00:29

OOC: I have two characters here.

Name: The Butler
Age: Who knows anymore, atleast a few thousand, maybe more.
Gender: Male
Appearance: Butler has dark brown hair and eyes that seem to change in the light, sometimes a light golden color, other times a dark brooding grey, and if Grimm is in charge, a deep purple color. He's come a long way from his normal dress attire, now wearing a black duster over a black tactical vest.
Race/Species: Immortal Dimension Guardian
RP(s) Featured in: Quite a few, though his first was The Time Has Come back on Punchwood
Personality: His original personality has been lost completely, he's an empty shell of the happy father he used to be. He cannot find him way back to his world, and he can't even remember that he wanted to.
Original Backstory: Butler, originally James Butler Marcus, came from a universe (known as Haos to it's inhabitants) out of the loop of normal time and space. He served as the immortal protector of the Spirit Keeper (who also went by Soul Keeper, and Hope Bringer). He was forced to flee his own dimension when a ghastly figure calling itself "Time" attacked, and destroyed his dimension. Butler was able to escape using a gift from the figure "Time", which called it's gift the "Chrono Cube", a portal making box that would let him travel through time, space, and other dimensions. At a price though, "Time" forced him to leave his wife and daughter behind, which is what Butler originally was trying to find, but over the many years of his existence. he forgot about his family, and who he was before.
HP: 5
AP: 5
Abilities:
Destiny's Flame: Using the Powers of the Destiny Breaker (His Claymore sword, which has a white and gold blade.) he can fire a large ball of fire at his opponent. Cost: 1 AP
Destiny's Frost: Using the Powers of the Destiny Breaker, he can send a wave of frozen ice shards at his opponent. Cost: 1 AP
Destiny's Shock: Using the Powers of the Destiny Breaker, he can throw a spear of lightning at his opponent. Cost: 1 AP
Destiny's Gale: Using the Powers of the Destiny Breaker, he can send out a blast of air around him, knocking back opponents. Cost: 1 AP
Destiny Rend: This is Butler's strongest ability, causing the Destiny Breaker to go into an overdrive type of form, allowing him to use all of the abilities above at no cost. Cost: This leave Butler with only 1 AP and 1 HP.
Grimm: Grimm is a form that takes over Butler at random, changing his Destiny Breaker to the Destiny Reaper (A large black and gold scythe) Cost: Makes his Max AP 3, and Max HP 7, until he is defeated, allowing Butler to assume control again.

Name: Noctis Dustfell
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Appearance: Rough and messy red hair, which is always coated in a thin layer of hair grease. He has olive skin and is about 6 foot tall. He wears a black hooded cloak over a brown shirt and black slacks.
Race/Species: Human
RP(s) Featured in: Crystals: Rise of the Crystal King
Personality: Grumpy, and tends to keep to himself
Original Backstory: Noctis was a bounty hunter watching over his neice and nephew after their parent's death.
HP: 8
AP: 2
Abilities: He normally just uses regular swordplay, would that take up AP?
Lightning Blade: By using the crystal embedded in his two-handed sword, it can become electrified. Cost: 1 AP
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests