When Summoners Call

WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#51 » 05 Feb 2018 23:56

ooc: Of course I am, I never make mistakes... apart from Shinsei's Viking healing 2HP instead of 1... I should stop doing this when I'm tired :D By the way Ace, you can still swing a punch or something at an enemy for the sake of attacking. It doesn't really do anything, but it makes the fight less like a Dragon Ball charging stand-off... unless that's what you're going for. In which case ignore me.

Lily released a bolt of lightning, frying her Viking as it stumbled to it's feet, sending it flying backwards and crashing into Shinsei's Viking. The two hastily got to their feet, and both lunged at the nearest target, Shinsei. (Hey, I don't wanna kill Lily in the pre-game :p plus these guys are waaay tankier than they should be.)

"Heroes" a celestial voice echoes in your ears. "I have seen your struggle, as WoodGreen didn't realise that making character-powerful enemies with a self-heal was a dumb idea. Anyway, I bring you blessings in the form of items. You may each take one, and there is only one of each to go around. Your options are:
Athena's Grace - Gain 3AP
Gaia's Heart - Gain 2 Armour
Poseidon's Mercy - Gain 3 HP
Ares' Battlecry - Your next attack deals +2 Damage
Hades' Pact - Summon an underworld creature to fight beside you (You'll have to take a gamble with this one :p)
Zeus' Fury - Deal 2 damage to an enemy and stun them this turn.

[+] Battlelog
Enemies
Shinsei's Viking prepped chop [1]
4/6HP 2/4AP

Quip's Viking prepped chop [2]
6/6HP 4/4AP

Lily's Viking took 3 damage from Lily's Thunder. He also delt 3 damage to Shinsei with chop [3] and gained 1HP from bloodlust (yes I'm nerfing bloodlust on the fly. I'm rounding down from this point onwards but at least 1HP will always be gained)
4/6HP 2/4AP

Heroes
Shinsei took 3 damage from Lily's Viking's chop [3] and prepped Charge [1]
2/5HP 2/5AP

Lily used Thunder [3]
3/3HP 2/7AP

Quip prepped Dive Bomb [4] Which reached is maximum natural prep value! +1 badassery
6/6HP 3/4AP
I'm with stupid
I
V

smartdevon

When Summoners Call

Post#52 » 06 Feb 2018 00:15

OoC I prepperd thunder 3 times, but it still only dealt 3 damage, is this a mistake or no?

Lily takes Hades' Pact, she'd never summoned a familiar before. She uses it immediatly (unless not using it lets me keep it for the campaign)
Last edited by smartdevon on 06 Feb 2018 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

When Summoners Call

Post#53 » 06 Feb 2018 01:03

Ooc: I was indeed going for that.

Shinsei took Ares' Battlecry, and dropped a cell medal into his belt.

[CORE BURST!]

Grey energy flowed around him as he charged ahead, unleashing the prepped charge (as in, charge ahead and ram full speed into an opponent) onto his viking, now strengthened by Core Burst.

[Charge] [2 turn prep total] + SaGoZo enhancement (Plus 2 attack) + CORE Burst (+2 attack) + Ares' battlecry (+2 attack) = 8 damage

HP: 2/5
Ap: 0/5

Ooc: And I have finally cemented Shinsei as the DPS of the group, I feel. Deal as much damage in as little time as possible.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

Fireally

When Summoners Call

Post#54 » 06 Feb 2018 02:27

Quip

Dive bomb unleashed with Ares' Warcry! 4+2=6 damage and I still have AP left! ;P

Moonblast [1]

HP: 6/6
AP: 3/4
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#55 » 06 Feb 2018 23:53

ooc: I'm afraid everything gets reset after the test run Devon :p There will be plenty of items in the campaign though.

A ornately crafted hourglass appeared in Lily's hand. Small enough to fit in her palm. She turned it over, and as the sand began to pour down, the nearby ground seemed to... melt away. Up rose a dark figure, translucent bones clad in a tattered robe, a spear grasped between skeletal fingers. It leaned back, releasing a spine-chilling screech that momentarily caused the Vikings to freeze. It turned it's hooded skull towards Lily. "I. Am. Yours." A harsh, whispered voice spoke into her mind.
[+] Lost Soul
8HP 2AP
Soulless Screech - Used upon summoning, The summonner cannot be attacked until the Lost Soul is destroyed (2AP)
Unholy Spear - Unprepped attacks deal 1 damage - cannot attack on the first turn
Sands of Time - Lose 1HP every turn, and 1HP for every point of damage delt starting next turn
Soulbound - When the Lost Soul's HP reaches 0, it does not die, but begins to drain the life of it's summoner. First 1AP per turn until depleeted, then 1HP per turn. The summoner can dismiss the Lost Soul instead of attacking at any time.

In Shinsei's hand, an ivory horn appeared, detailed inscribing's of great heroes and glorious battles covered it. Everyone on the battlefield was near-deafened by the noise it made as he blew, before it burst into flames. The fire spread throughout Shinsei's body, pushing him forward and igniting his next strike.
Quip... unfortunately was too late to grab his chosen item, but the mighty WoodGreen took pity on him, and a javelin of pure lighting formed between his feet as he dived.

Lily's Viking dodged out of Shinsei's Way, only to be slapped by the mighty hand of WoodGreen who messed up his previous calculation.

Shinsei charged forward, bathed in fire. His Viking swung his axe down, only for it to shatter as Shinsei ploughed straight through him.

Quip dived his Viking, receiving a nasty gash as an axe cleaved into his body. Somehow, even with a javelin of lightning embedded in his chest... he was still standing. Barely.

[+] Battlelog
Enemies
Shinsei's Viking delt 1 damage with chop, healing 1 hp from bloodlust and receieving 7 damage from Shinsei's monster of a combo atack.
0/6HP 0/4AP - DEFEATED

Lily's Viking was smitten by WoodGreen's hand for 3 damage and prepped Chop [1]
1/6HP 2/4AP

Quip's Viking delt 2 damage with a Chop, took 6 damage from Quip and healed 1HP from bloodlust.
1/6HP 2/4AP

Heroes
Shinsei took 1 damage from His Viking's Chop before obliterating him.
1/5HP 0/5AP

Lily summoned a Lost Soul to aid her.
3/3HP 2/7AP

Lily's Lost Soul used Soulless Screech.
8/8HP 0/2AP

Quip Delt 6 damage to his viking and took 2 damage
4/6HP 3/4AP

ooc: Devon and Ace, you may have noticed something different in your battlelog to what you posted. It's a little rule I carried over from the system I adapted that means you can' prep and use a prepped attack on the same turn. It stops people always being able to deal damage every turn, so Shinsei delt 1 less damage and Quip didn't prep Moonblast this turn. Just a little detail to watch out for.
I'm with stupid
I
V

AceOfDeath Piplupm

When Summoners Call

Post#56 » 06 Feb 2018 23:58

Shinsei's armor reverted to it's default form as his Core Burst finished. He quickly muttered the words "Pressure Impact..." before turning to another enemy (i'll let woodgreen choose), and running at them to punch.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

Fireally

When Summoners Call

Post#57 » 07 Feb 2018 06:36

Quip

Mirror move! Replay that swing on the big guy from the little bird.
Chop [2] = 3AP (maybe that should be an 'X' AP instead? I suppose moonblast [1] isn't allowed since I technically prep attacked here too?)

HP:4/6
AP:0/4
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#58 » 08 Feb 2018 22:58

ooc: Huh, I'm not sure about mirror move. Also, technically you'd steal the Viking's bloodlust at it sorta happened after the chop, but I'll just let you finish him off anyway :p

Shinsei's Viking's skull made a satisfying crack as his first made contact with it's temple, before it slumped to the ground.
Quip swooped down, grabbing his Viking's axe between his... feet? Claws? Whatever. He soared into the sky, dropping the axe which spun over before buring itself in the Viking's face.

Congratulations
You beat the poorly balanced Vikings! Thanks for participating in the test run. If you have any questions, suggestions or changes you wish to make, let me know before we start for real!
I'm with stupid
I
V

WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#59 » 27 Feb 2018 22:41

ooc: it's time, sorry for the wait! If you want to quickly squeeze in we've still got room!

"Our time has come... awaken, Stianakind" An voice echoes on your head as you slowly become conscious. "As was predicted, the day has arrived. A great entity lies just beyond our galaxy, approaching by the minute. It is beyond the power of all others, and therefore lies in our responsibility, bound by the ancient oath we swore."
You feel a strange sensation, not in any part of your body. Of course, you don't have one. Why would you?
"You feel it, don't you?" The voice spoke again. "With this looming darkness comes a spark of hope, the ghost of a world long forgotten where heroes once triumphed. Reach out to it, and it will reach back. Take a single ember from the long extinguished fire and let it ignite an inferno within you. Summon forth a hero of old."

You see brief flashes of a world that isn't yours, glimpses into a life you never lived. It's only a few seconds after staring into this strange vision that you realise it's staring back. Once the whiteness that suddenly blinded your mind faded away, you notice something peculiar. You just took a breath. How? A second wave of emptiness swallows your mind, but only briefly. It is closely followed by a barrage of colour, smells, sounds, old friends, childhood homes and a name. It's yours, remember? Once you come to your senses from this bizarre encounter, you find yourself standing atop a small stone pillar, easily short enough to step off. The domed, cathedral-like room is dimly lit by glowing blue specs embedded randomly in the ceiling, as well as a misty, glowing pool in the centre around it. Surrounding it, along with several stone knight statues, are other pillars. Atop each one is a figure, most of them looking equally confused as to how they got here.
"Welcome, Heros" The voice spoke again.

ooc: tldr: You are standing on small (maybe foot high) pillars as your summoned characters. It's your choice whether you want the Stianakind spirit-thing that summoned you to be a part of the story, such as speaking into your character's mind. Enjoy the confusion!
I'm with stupid
I
V

AceOfDeath Piplupm

When Summoners Call

Post#60 » 28 Feb 2018 00:44

"...Hmm. well this is interesting..." Shinsei said, standing up from where he was seated. Last thing he knew, he was in brooklyn, sitting atop a building outside a nightclub. He looked down at his large metal barrel he carried around, and opened it. After a moment, he nodded to himself, knowing all 10,000 of his cell medals were there, and then quickly checked his Core Medal count. Each core medal appeared from his hand, slowly forming a pile which he quickly reabsorbed. "Alright, everything accounted for. Now, what's going?" He asked aloud, his voice protraying slight amusement.