When Summoners Call

WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#21 » 21 Jan 2018 17:59

THE_BUTLER00 wrote:Source of the post OOC: I have two characters here.

Name: The Butler
Age: Who knows anymore, atleast a few thousand, maybe more.
Appearance: Butler has dark brown hair and eyes that seem to change in the light, sometimes a light golden color, other times a dark brooding grey, and if Grimm is in charge, a deep purple color. He's come a long way from his normal dress attire, now wearing a black duster over a black tactical vest.
Race/Species: Immortal Dimension Guardian
RP(s) Featured in: Quite a few, though his first was The Time Has Come back on Punchwood
Personality: His original personality has been lost completely, he's an empty shell of the happy father he used to be. He cannot find him way back to his world, and he can't even remember that he wanted to.
Original Backstory: Butler, originally James Butler Marcus, came from a universe (known as Haos to it's inhabitants) out of the loop of normal time and space. He served as the immortal protector of the Spirit Keeper (who also went by Soul Keeper, and Hope Bringer). He was forced to flee his own dimension when a ghastly figure calling itself "Time" attacked, and destroyed his dimension. Butler was able to escape using a gift from the figure "Time", which called it's gift the "Chrono Cube", a portal making box that would let him travel through time, space, and other dimensions. At a price though, "Time" forced him to leave his wife and daughter behind, which is what Butler originally was trying to find, but over the many years of his existence. he forgot about his family, and who he was before.
HP: 5
AP: 5
Abilities:
Destiny's Flame: Using the Powers of the Destiny Breaker (His Claymore sword, which has a white and gold blade.) he can fire a large ball of fire at his opponent. Cost: 1 AP
Destiny's Frost: Using the Powers of the Destiny Breaker, he can send a wave of frozen ice shards at his opponent. Cost: 1 AP
Destiny's Shock: Using the Powers of the Destiny Breaker, he can throw a spear of lightning at his opponent. Cost: 1 AP
Destiny's Gale: Using the Powers of the Destiny Breaker, he can send out a blast of air around him, knocking back opponents. Cost: 1 AP
Destiny Rend: This is Butler's strongest ability, causing the Destiny Breaker to go into an overdrive type of form, allowing him to use all of the abilities above at no cost. Cost: This leave Butler with only 1 AP and 1 HP.
Grimm: Grimm is a form that takes over Butler at random, changing his Destiny Breaker to the Destiny Reaper (A large black and gold scythe) Cost: Makes his Max AP 3, and Max HP 7, until he is defeated, allowing Butler to assume control again.

Name: Noctis Dustfell
Appearance: Rough and messy red hair, which is always coated in a thin layer of hair grease. He has olive skin and is about 6 foot tall. He wears a black hooded cloak over a brown shirt and black slacks.
Race/Species: Human
RP(s) Featured in: Crystals: Rise of the Crystal King
Personality: Grumpy, and tends to keep to himself
Original Backstory: Noctis was a bounty hunter watching over his neice and nephew after their parent's death.
HP: 8
AP: 2
Abilities: He normally just uses regular swordplay, would that take up AP?
Lightning Blade: By using the crystal embedded in his two-handed sword, it can become electrified. Cost: 1 AP

Alrighty, so with The Butler what do his abilities do? They cost AP but don't seem to do anything fancy. If they just deal damage that equals how long they were prepped for, they don't need an AP cost. If you want them to do something fancy like dealing 2 damage instantly or hitting multiple opponents then they need a cost of some kind.

Regular swordplay should cost nothing as long as it's an offensive thing. You can prep a stab if you like without defining if but if you want a block ability or something you should probably define it.
I'm with stupid
I
V

Fireally

When Summoners Call

Post#22 » 23 Jan 2018 07:27

When do ya plan on starting this RP?
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#23 » 23 Jan 2018 12:48

Fireally wrote:Source of the post When do ya plan on starting this RP?

Whenever my home internet decides to function again. Might as well check ability balance one last time!
I'm with stupid
I
V

WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#24 » 23 Jan 2018 22:29

Alright, and apart from Butler's all the apps look good! As there are a few mechanics and stuff that'll be new to you guys, do you want to have a non-canonical PVE or PVP skirmish just so you get the hang of how it works before we start the campaign?
I'm with stupid
I
V

smartdevon

When Summoners Call

Post#25 » 23 Jan 2018 22:35

WoodGreen wrote:Source of the post Alright, and apart from Butler's all the apps look good! As there are a few mechanics and stuff that'll be new to you guys, do you want to have a non-canonical PVE or PVP skirmish just so you get the hang of how it works before we start the campaign?

sure, that sounds helpful
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#26 » 23 Jan 2018 23:16

smartdevon wrote:Source of the post
WoodGreen wrote:Source of the post Alright, and apart from Butler's all the apps look good! As there are a few mechanics and stuff that'll be new to you guys, do you want to have a non-canonical PVE or PVP skirmish just so you get the hang of how it works before we start the campaign?

sure, that sounds helpful

which do you prefer? I reckon the PVE could be better as it'll be easier to correct mistakes individually, but PVP could be more fun.

Oh, I had an idea to buff one of AceOfDeath's abilities but I can't remember it right now. Just a note to myself when I do remember :p
I'm with stupid
I
V

smartdevon

When Summoners Call

Post#27 » 23 Jan 2018 23:48

pve
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

When Summoners Call

Post#28 » 24 Jan 2018 00:26

I also vote PVE. Also, interested to hear this buff when you remember it.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#29 » 24 Jan 2018 09:02

AceOfDeath Piplupm wrote:Source of the post I also vote PVE. Also, interested to hear this buff when you remember it.

Nevermind, it was one of Butler's abilities I was thinking about. Although I don't think I'll need to keep track of your medal numbers seeing as your abilities have an AP cost so I guess that's a kind-of buff. I'll set up the PVE event one I get home
I'm with stupid
I
V

WoodGreen

When Summoners Call

Post#30 » 29 Jan 2018 23:15

Hey guys! sorry for my absence, general tiredness and crappy internet have made things difficult. It's about time we start the mini PVE event just so we know how everything works and to iron out any problems with abilities and stuff. Oh, and I haven't out too much effort into the storytelling of this :p
---------------------------------------------
Our heroes find themselves back-to-back in a circle. A muscly, bearded, axe-wielding warrior approaching each of them ready to strike. The heroes have the opportunity to strike first.

[+] Your Enemy
I won't normally include this, but here's what you're up against.

Viking
6HP 4AP
Bloodlust - When an enemy is hit with a prepped attack, heal 1HP per prep/2 (round up) (2AP)

Good luck!
I'm with stupid
I
V

Return to “Roleplays”