When Summoners Call

HunterOfEvil

Re: When Summoners Call

Post#201 » 14 Apr 2018 19:32

401 clicked the safety back on her gun and pulled out the amulet. She kneeled down next to the old man and examined his glowing staff, comparing it to the amulet.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

WoodGreen

Post#202 » 14 Apr 2018 20:13

Apart from the gentle blue glow from the embedded gemstone in the amulet, and from the key that was turned in the ancient padlock attached to the staff, 401 saw no similarities between the two items.
The man spluttered as Shinsei shook him, his eyes fluttered half-open for a moment before lulling shut again. "One... moment..." He murmured, almost inaudibly, before taking in a deep breath, holding it for a few seconds, and very slowly exhaled it. A few moments of silence passed before his eyes opened again, darting between the group members. "Terribly sorry." He grunted as he forced himself up onto his feet, untangling his winding, grey beard from his staff. The staff was almost twice his size, being a very short man. "I wasn't expecting company so soon, I hope my security didn't cause you any... um..." He paused as he glanced up at the near-destroyed Titan. "...no... I don't think it caused you any bother." He said, taking the glowing key out of the lock on the staff. The sound of grinding stone the Titan had been making as it's torso shifted overhead, stopped, as did the blue aura from the key. "Anyway, where are my manners. I am Jorthin, the stoneweaver and lunar gatekeeper. How may I be of service?"
Last edited by WoodGreen on 17 Apr 2018 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
I'm with stupid
I
V

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#203 » 15 Apr 2018 20:37

"...Good question. Guys, why are we here again?" Shinsei asked. "Honestly I was just here to punch stuff."
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

Post#204 » 16 Apr 2018 14:37

Lily
"Um... gatekeeperr Jorthin sir?" I addressed him. "We come in need of your aid. We require usage of the lunar pool to protect this world, and implore that you lend us your power." I tried to use my best manners like aunt Martha tought, despite being in an unknown world.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

WoodGreen

Post#205 » 17 Apr 2018 22:21

ooc: text dump, yaay!
"Ohh, so you are the summoned ones!' Jorthin smiled, reaching under his cloak. "In that case, you'll have to prove yourself to me by facing off against a pair of my finest Vangua-" He stopped mid sentence. He had pulled two more padlocks from his belt, both smaller and in far better condition than the one on his staff. Each had a shattered key protruding from the keyhole."Oh, it would appear I left those out as security too... hmm. Oh well." He sighed, putting the locks back on his belt, and taking out a large, ancient looking iron ring that threaded through countless more keys of various shapes and sizes. He pulled out a tiny key that was so gnarled by time that it made the rest of the keys almost look modern and placed it in the lock on his staff. "I, Jorthin...." The gatekeeper began chanting, eyes closed. "...keeper of the night sky, call upon the power I am charged with protecting to carry the chosen heroes to meet their foe who threatens the lives of all." He opened his eyes and said "Hold onto something." With a wink. There was a loud click As he turned the key in the lock. Almost immediately, the ground began to tremble. A huge mass of stone arose several hundred metres behind the Titan, dwarfing it.The sheer force of it's movement sending a shockwave that blasted away the coat of missed that clung to the land, revealing the vast expanse of petrified forest. Once the vibrations subsided, the group could see that an enormous, multi-mile wide cuboid of stone was sitting behind The Titan. The tremors started up again, weaker this time as more stone arose from the initial plateau, smaller in width. This process repeated, until the stone boxes stacked on top of each other had tapered to a point, forming a mountain-like grey pyramid.

"I'll take these few moments to explain what I can." Jorthin spoke. "The Lunar pools are only strong enough to transport you relatively short distances by themselves. If we ever needed to travel long-distance, let's say... something threatens the existence of life as we know it, then we can send chosen heroes to destroy the threat by accessing the reserve power under the watch of the gatekeepers, allowing you to travel... almost anywhere" At that moment, a brilliant blue light shone from the peak of the pyramid, before a beam of light shot into the sky. It blew back the clouds, revealing the large, mostly green sphere with pockets of blue that it streaked towards. "That's the world you were summoned on." Jorthin spoke, indicating towards the planet with his staff. "The Lunar pools are only strong enough to take you to... well, it's moons, which is where you are now. I suppose the clue was in the name." He chuckled. "But with both gatekeeper's releasing their power, distance won't limit you. wish I could tell you more about the enemy we called you to face... but we simply don't know anything about it ourselves. Anyway, that won't stop me sending you away empty handed." He said as he took the two padlocks out from his cloak again, as well as a third, slightly larger one.

"These are summoning locks." He said, taking the broken keys out of the two smaller locks. I'm sure you've figured out how they work, place your chosen key in and summon an ally to the fight. You've met my Vanguards for sure, and I assume my Guardians faced you when you were summoned? Yes? Well, if you take one of these locks, you can have either a Guardian key or a Vanguard key to use with it. This other lock." He said, raising the larger lock. "Is an oddity I've been working on. It's summons a personal weapon, either a blade or a shield, depending on the key you use. I haven't... tested it much, but it should be functional. Do take one, and a key to go with it. Away from me, the source of their power, each lock can only be used once, so only take one key. Of course, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have before you move on to the other gatekeeper."

ooc: Text dump over! Time to choose your swag. Pick one of the locks, and a key to go with it! They're one-time use, but what you summon will only vanish once used/destroyed, so they'll last between battles.

Summoning Lock (0/2 remaining): Can accept one of Jorthin's summoning keys, calling one of his home-made warriors into battle. If you chose this lock, you can have either a Guardian key, or a Vanguard key.
[+] Guardian
An excellent offensive option, can turn an enemies' attack against them, as well as strike multiple foes.

Stats and Abilities
6HP 4AP
Cleave – Additionally to prep damage, do 1 non-lethal damage to a second nearby enemy.
Riposte – Deflect a melee attack and deal 1 damage to the attacker (2ap)
[+] Vanguard
While it has no offensive abilities, it's awesome defense make's it a great ally to have at your side to absorb incoming damage.

Stats and Abilities
2HP 8AP (4HP Shield)
Living Stone – Each turn, if damaged but not destroyed, the shield heals fully, using 1AP for every HP healed.
Weapon Lock (0/1 remaining): While this lock summons a weapon or tool to your hand, you don't know exactly what will happen when you use it. Even Jorthin seems uncertain.
[+] Blade Key
Presumably, it summons a sword to your hand, but you don't know exactly how it works.
[+] Shield Key
Presumably, it summons a shield to your hand, but you don't know exactly how it works.
Last edited by WoodGreen on 19 Apr 2018 20:17, edited 3 times in total.
I'm with stupid
I
V

HunterOfEvil

Post#206 » 19 Apr 2018 12:49

401 took a moment to think, then reached for the Guardian key. That one will be the most useful, she thought.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

smartdevon

Post#207 » 19 Apr 2018 16:04

Lily
I thought about my chouces... Id seen someone hung at the gallows once for accidentally summoning a familiar... but this world disnt seem to mind witches... and i wasnt any good with a weapon... so i accepted a summonong lock and vanguard key
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

WoodGreen

Post#208 » 19 Apr 2018 17:41

ooc: I've added an itemlist to the 1st post, so you can keep track of what things do
"That leaves you" Jorthin said, turning to Shinsei "with the wild card. The weapon lock. Unless, you really don't want it. I have a couple of un-finished summoning locks around somewhere if you'd prefer that."
I'm with stupid
I
V

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#209 » 19 Apr 2018 18:57

"I'll take it." Shinsei said, reaching out and taking the weapon lock. "Who knows... maybe it'll make the fights more interestinf."
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

WoodGreen

Post#210 » 19 Apr 2018 20:16

"Do tell me how it goes if we meet again! As I said, I've never really use it myself." Jorthin said, giving Shinsei the weapon lock. "Oh, and don't forget to choose a key."
I'm with stupid
I
V