Miami Beach Stars!

smartdevon

Miami Beach Stars!

Post#1 » 10 Jun 2018 19:27

Get ready for an exciting story filled eith drama, surprise, and excitement. Dive into the lives of remarkable people, as they totally realistically deal with their problems. Whether or not this story takes place in Miami is up to individual interpretation.

It is the begining of summer, and everyone in town is attending a summer festival at the harbor. Who will Astriani choose? Will Noghiri's secret be exposed? How will Probored handle this astonishing thing that has happened? find out, in Miami Beach Stars

Rules
You can make whatever character you want
Your character can be related to other characters if the other roleplayers agree (you can be related to me however you want)

App
Name:
Personality:
Backstory:
Quirks:
Other:

Me
Name: Devon
Appearance: Big nose, glasses, medium length dark brown hair, incredibly handsome.
Personality: Charismatic, understanding, confident
Backstory: Devon gained his awesomeness when he was struck by lightning while being hit by a shooting star. He miraculously survived and wrote a bestselling book on the expirience, becoming a famous author, making tons of money. He then became a bit of a celebrity, staring in a number of umbrella comercials, and making a cameo in the hit movie, Justice Bear: Origins He's now got a nice house on the beach.
Quirks: Speaks very articulately, to the point where his meaning is often confused,
sometimes cosplays as superheroes to fight crime.
Other: Afraid of heights
Last edited by smartdevon on 10 Jun 2018 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Astriani

Re: Miami Beach Stars!

Post#2 » 10 Jun 2018 20:44

Name: Astriani
Appearance: short, round face, black glasses, hazel eyes, really super long blonde hair
Personality: dorky, dirty-minded, quiet at sometimes, confident, energetic and happy
Backstory: As a world-famous graphic novel/manga artist, she got her awesomeness through her art and stories. She's a little bit mysterious as a celebrity but nevertheless one, with a good amount of money.
Quirks: Can read emotions and people easily, knows karate and is kinda strong.
Other: afraid of heights, likes gaming and writing and drawing
Let's just all pretend I know what I'm doing, okay?

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#3 » 10 Jun 2018 20:58

Name: Ace
Appearance: blond afro, glasses, blue eyes and a bit of stubble. Very skinny.
Personality: quiet and calm until something catches his attention.
Backstory: a fun loving man who writes Light Novels for a living, Ace looks to Japanese media for his entertainment and inspiration. His novels have been adapted into the hit super hero movie franchise "Unperfected World" and off to the side is an artist for commission. He lives a bit away from the beach, but often visits it for other sources of inspiration.
Quirks: he's very excitable and is VERY loud. He has a replica of his main super hero character's costume in his closet that could reasonably be used as an actual combat suit that never gets used.
Other: afraid of heights, and most bugs.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

Obiwanabi

Post#4 » 10 Jun 2018 21:26

Name: Obiwanabi
Appearance: Average height, short brown hair, blue-grey eyes, occasionally wears glasses when reading and driving.
Personality: Fun-loving, likes to joke around, a bit nerdy and somewhat intelligent too, he makes an attempt to be somewhat industrious, and gets angry easily when someone or something crosses him the wrong way.
Backstory: Born as the (totally younger) sibling of Astriani, he has benefited from her achieved wealth and fame, and being the (absolute and total and definitely not an exaggeration of any sort) favorite of Astriani's siblings, she often allows him to tag along wherever she may go, including the famed "Miami Beach." He also intends on studying engineering technologies when he goes to college, and plans on making a name for himself within that field.
Quirks: He doesn't read people very easily (including himself), and doesn't much care for relationships of any sort.
Other: Has a great deal of respect for heights, and loves geese. The reason why he loves geese is unknown.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

smartdevon

Post#5 » 11 Jun 2018 02:19

You've all been accepted!

The camera zooms in on Devon's face. He's eating a snow cone. He's watching a startup band perform behind some plastic barriers. Suddenly, his snowcone drops to the ground. His sweet raspberry ball of refreshment, soiled and wasted. Devon falls to his knees. Why did this have to happen to him? Why? Devon voices his thoughts in agony. "WHYYYYYYYYY!" Tears roll down his face, Someone must pay for that. Devon looks around. Devon turns around to see what fiend he can blame this on. That's when his eye catches Astriani walking behind him. Suddenly Devon realizes it's her fault. The displacement in air caused by her walking by must've been what caused his snowcone to fall to the ground... She must pay for this. But he couldnt just cause a scene here. Its possible she wasn't even aware of her transgression too. He'd have to determine whether she was truely the evil demon that Devon suspected she might be.

Devon
I approached Astriani. "A good day, week, and years to come to you my morning flower. Impart with me your values and history that I may discern the fairness of your soul."
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#6 » 11 Jun 2018 02:25

Ace sat nearby, blinking in 100% definite concern over Devon's words. In his hands sat a sketchpad and a mechanical pencil, which he had been using to sketch the people around him. He slowly prepared to get up to break apart a fight should one break out.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

Obiwanabi

Post#7 » 11 Jun 2018 02:53

Obiwanabi:

Obi reclined on a chair near his sister, Astriani, watching boats pass by and relaxing to the soothing sounds of the waves crashing on the beach, and the musicians playing their music.

Ahh, he thought as he reclined further into his chair and began to close his eyes, What a wonderful time to be alive...

Suddenly something caught his attention. A young man, looking his twenties, approached his sister and appeared to compliment her with big words and fancy grammar. Hah, he thought as he smirked in his chair, Does that doofus really think he stands a chance with her? And look! He has tear stains on his face. He won't last more than a few minutes. Nevertheless, Obi thought it appropriate to make his presence aware to the strange man, and in response to his arrival stated,

"Sister, what boy are you flirting with this time? Surely he won't end up like the last ones..."
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

FUNYjk27

Post#8 » 11 Jun 2018 03:22

Will do my best to get an app for this done tomorrow but might need an extra day depending on how some stuff turns out.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

Astriani

Post#9 » 11 Jun 2018 04:03

Astriani:

Astriani held two ice cream cones in her hand, coming back from her walk to the nearby vendor. She was humming, but stopped when the man in front of her caused...well whatever he was doing. And then he...turned to her? And started speaking? Her brother, Obiwanabi, caught her attention as he spoke next, poking fun at the man in a way only she would know. "I'm not entirely sure, brother." She sauntered forward, leaning towards him and passing her brother the ice cream cone with being very close to Devon. "Fairness of my soul? Pardon, but what drugs are you on and where can I get some? I have a killer headache that just appeared."
Let's just all pretend I know what I'm doing, okay?

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#10 » 11 Jun 2018 04:20

Ace, continuing to eavesdrop, pulled out a notepad and began writing down ideas he suddenly had. "I have no idea what I'm hearing but it's inspiring..." He muttered, possibly a little louder than he intended.