Can i get some critique on some of my art?

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#1 » 09 Aug 2016 04:28

Over on my twitter and deviantart (Both of which are linked to this account), i've been releasing teaser images for a big project i've been working on for some time now. I thought i'd post them here, and maybe get some feedback on the drawings themselves.

Please keep in mind that unlike most of my drawings that get posted, these are entirely sketches, and as such, have no color.

i look forward to whatever feedback i get from everyone!
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

Fireally

Post#2 » 09 Aug 2016 16:04

They seem good to me, but maybe the left hand should be a bit more to the left? I think it might make a more realistic first person pov. That's the only advice I can think of for now.
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

leniphant

Post#3 » 10 Aug 2016 13:16

I gotta say I'm jealous! These are really good. Your hands actually look like real hands (which I can never achieve)! I also really like how you did the reflection on the helmet in the bottom picture.

My only criticism is in the second picture. The figure is female, I assume. Her chest is too circular. Biologically, the curve would be most defined at the bottom edge, while the top is more sloped so there would not be such a defined curve. Even though she is wearing armor, I still don't think the breastplate would have such defined circles; that would be sorta uncomfortable. So, I think if you just smoothed away the top curve of the circle, then it would be better!

I hope I made sense. :P Keep up the good work!

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#4 » 10 Aug 2016 16:57

leniphant wrote:I gotta say I'm jealous! These are really good. Your hands actually look like real hands (which I can never achieve)! I also really like how you did the reflection on the helmet in the bottom picture.

My only criticism is in the second picture. The figure is female, I assume. Her chest is too circular. Biologically, the curve would be most defined at the bottom edge, while the top is more sloped so there would not be such a defined curve. Even though she is wearing armor, I still don't think the breastplate would have such defined circles; that would be sorta uncomfortable. So, I think if you just smoothed away the top curve of the circle, then it would be better!

I hope I made sense. :P Keep up the good work!

Believe me, that made sense. However, while the figure in question IS female, that is NOT armor. It's a mutation, so basically, she's not human. I was using that logic when designing the character, so i went with more circular breasts to better emphasize just how inhuman she is.

But thank you so much! I actually got the realistic hand look by taking a picture of my own hand in the exact pose. The reflection was simply just me taking an eraser to a filled up visor.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

Dechi

Post#5 » 11 Aug 2016 07:56

It might just be me but I think on the last picture, maybe add more detail to the mask itself because it looks like a mask instead of a helmet (unless that's what you're aiming for)

I've always wanted to start drawing myself but I'm too lazy to get into it. Keep it up!
You may know me as DerpJ from PW but I go under a new nickname so feel free to call me by either one :D

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#6 » 11 Aug 2016 07:59

Dechi wrote:It might just be me but I think on the last picture, maybe add more detail to the mask itself because it looks like a mask instead of a helmet (unless that's what you're aiming for)

I've always wanted to start drawing myself but I'm too lazy to get into it. Keep it up!

I was going for a mask like helmet. It's fairly plain because it's supposed to be a modified motorcycle helmet. It'll make much more sense when i actually post the character designs later on.

smartdevon

Post#7 » 14 Aug 2016 18:36

They loook good on paper but i think theyd really stand out as digital art, if you could acheive that.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Post#8 » 19 Aug 2016 18:45

I've made a 4th one of these teasers. getting feedback on this would be nice too.

smartdevon

Post#9 » 11 Sep 2016 22:11

That peice looks good but it kinda looks out of comtext, a more detailed background would be an improvement imo
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09