Art Critique

SlayerOfNight

Art Critique

Post#11 » 06 Jan 2017 06:38

​Be fantastic, Kill walkers, Tame creatures, Allon-sy!
Driver picks the music shotgun shuts his cakehole
What kind of house doesn't have salt? Low sodium freaks. I found a liquor store and I drank it. Am I The only one zen around here? INTJ-T. Slytherin.

Probored

Art Critique

Post#12 » 06 Jan 2017 08:13

Hi! While I may not be an art student, I did lurk around on a art forum for a few years. While Im usually better at critiquing pixelart and drawings, Ill share some C+C with you. Take this with a grain of salt if you will and Im probably going to miss the point of your art class.

First and foremost, theses drawings are gorgeous, you use good colors with good saturation and provide good shading as evidenced by the dog's inner ear and eye. Your main problem is readability (unless you are going for a abstract, than this is a moot point). Readability means being able to understand what the drawing is at a glance. I almost mistook your lion as a bear, your eagle looks a bit like a wattles-less rooster and I cant exactly make out what that lower left animal is...a dragon? I also have no idea whats going on on your dog's face.

Other than that everything else looks beautiful, especially the coat of arms and the mountain ☺

SlayerOfNight

Art Critique

Post#13 » 06 Jan 2017 14:42

Probored wrote:Hi! While I may not be an art student, I did lurk around on a art forum for a few years. While Im usually better at critiquing pixelart and drawings, Ill share some C+C with you. Take this with a grain of salt if you will and Im probably going to miss the point of your art class.

First and foremost, theses drawings are gorgeous, you use good colors with good saturation and provide good shading as evidenced by the dog's inner ear and eye. Your main problem is readability (unless you are going for a abstract, than this is a moot point). Readability means being able to understand what the drawing is at a glance. I almost mistook your lion as a bear, your eagle looks a bit like a wattles-less rooster and I cant exactly make out what that lower left animal is...a dragon? I also have no idea whats going on on your dog's face.

Other than that everything else looks beautiful, especially the coat of arms and the mountain ☺

:)

Yeah for the harry potter one it's partly because the colours are dull from the black paper and I had to outline in white pen because the graphite was blocking the coloured pencils. And for my dog's face I went for a less realistic, more impressionism style since I'm still learning to paint. Thank you so much! Finally ppl commented :3
What kind of house doesn't have salt? Low sodium freaks. I found a liquor store and I drank it. Am I The only one zen around here? INTJ-T. Slytherin.

SlayerOfNight

Art Critique

Post#14 » 06 Jan 2017 14:43

Also, it's a badger patronus. It's prob hard to decipher since it's technically just light taking shape.

Probored

Art Critique

Post#15 » 06 Jan 2017 16:26

My pleasure, and impressionism was the word I was going for. While the colors you use are very good, can I recommend using much bolder and eye candy colors?

Modern Impressionism, so might not be the kind you are going for

roterx2

Art Critique

Post#16 » 09 Jan 2017 02:37

Probored wrote:My pleasure, and impressionism was the word I was going for. While the colors you use are very good, can I recommend using much bolder and eye candy colors?

Modern Impressionism, so might not be the kind you are going for

I know this isn't really adding any critique, but I have to say that I love that image, where did you get it? I can't really read the name

Probored

Art Critique

Post#17 » 09 Jan 2017 03:17

Artist is Leonid Afremov, https://afremov.com

For this specific picture, I simply typed modern impressionism on google

SlayerOfNight

Art Critique

Post#18 » 11 Jan 2017 06:48

Last edited by SlayerOfNight on 30 Mar 2017 19:15, edited 2 times in total.

SlayerOfNight

Art Critique

Post#19 » 17 Jan 2017 03:56

Last edited by SlayerOfNight on 30 Mar 2017 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Art Critique

Post#20 » 21 Jan 2017 09:38

So i drew David (in his combat suit) from Guardians of Haven Station.

And yes, his neck is supoosed to be exposed.

EDIT: replaced with a better version. And apparently it has no background.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya