Roleplay Chatroom

Everything from dance club to chess club.
User avatar
NitroMiyaz
Posts: 317

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#1 » 08 Aug 2016 19:04

...Well, this is awkward.

Hello WoodHavians! To commemorate the great move to HavenStation, I have decided to make something that I've never seen made before for us! This is a thread to post whatever roleplaying things you want, whether it be to ask questions about how we make our roleplays, to posting updates about yet to be seen roleplays, to what we can do to improve our roleplays. On this thread, we can work together to solve roleplaying problems if we're stuck at coming up with something, or we can work together to actually make a new roleplay with the insight of others. Think of this as a chatroom/help-room for the roleplays we have posted or will post!

To start it off, I actually have a question on hand.
Remember Xanny's Xanada v. Sportica roleplay? Well, I had no idea how the war function was done. Because I am making an open world roleplay at the moment where I'm trying to incorporate as many things as possible, making a war system for people aiming to be kings or dictators in the world is one of the big things that I want. You'd need to buy troops to make an army, and attack the enemy's army with it. However, I don't know how the battle system would work for many allies against many enemies. So, because I know of Xan's war roleplay (Xan V Sport), I was wondering how he did it?
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A

User avatar
Invictus Maneo
Posts: 230

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#2 » 08 Aug 2016 19:23

Same here as a first time nation host running into a wall. I was thinking a mix of logical outcomes and dice rolls after considering military strength but I need more examples of how its done.

I have some vague issues too. Such as military strength for players in my RP. Do they start at realistic strength indicted by their country, or they do all start from only handfuls of units they picked and have to manually train more? (Aka here's 100 soldiers and 5 tanks)
Bresn. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worldbuilder- Arcturus & Astraeus; the twin realms, The Shocktheur Rebellion; rise of the titans.

User avatar
noghiri
Site Admin
Posts: 232

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#3 » 08 Aug 2016 19:37

Moved to clubs because this is basically a club.
hairplanes

User avatar
SlayerOfNight
Posts: 917
Contact:

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#4 » 08 Aug 2016 21:10

I only know some things on Dice based roleplays, but here's a link. You can download the packet that includes all kinds of situations and instructions, hope it helps! http://cogentroleplay.com/
​Be fantastic, Kill walkers, Tame creatures, Allon-sy!
Driver picks the music shotgun shuts his cakehole
What kind of house doesn't have salt? Low sodium freaks. I found a liquor store and I drank it. Am I The only one zen around here? INTJ-T. Slytherin.

User avatar
NitroMiyaz
Posts: 317

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#5 » 08 Aug 2016 22:16

The cogent roleplay system is good for single battles or group attacks, but I already came up with a simple idea for that. What I'm looking for is a nation vs nation battle system, where there can be 1000 troops against an enemy kingdom of 1000 or something. How did Xan do that? I can't check because it wasn't archived.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A

User avatar
SlayerOfNight
Posts: 917
Contact:

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#6 » 08 Aug 2016 23:03

hmm, I dunno. I'll see if I can find out any ways.
​Be fantastic, Kill walkers, Tame creatures, Allon-sy!
Driver picks the music shotgun shuts his cakehole
What kind of house doesn't have salt? Low sodium freaks. I found a liquor store and I drank it. Am I The only one zen around here? INTJ-T. Slytherin.

User avatar
Obiwanabi
Posts: 884

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#7 » 09 Aug 2016 03:20

How about something like this:

A declares war on B
A's first army attacks B' second army
A has 1000 soldiers.
B has 1000 soldiers.
A rolls 5
B rolls 6
B wins. A loses 100 soldiers.
A has 900 soldiers
B has 1000 soldiers
A rolls 2
B rolls 1
A wins.
B loses 100 soldiers.

It's just a basic layout of what might happen, it can be spruced up with soldier classes such as Calvary and infantry and ranged and certain bonuses and weaknesses each one has against each other, and so on and so forth.
I'm with stupider
I
V

User avatar
Remy98
Posts: 152
Contact:

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#8 » 09 Aug 2016 03:29

Obiwanabi wrote:How about something like this:

A declares war on B
A's first army attacks B' second army
A has 1000 soldiers.
B has 1000 soldiers.
A rolls 5
B rolls 6
B wins. A loses 100 soldiers.
A has 900 soldiers
B has 1000 soldiers
A rolls 2
B rolls 1
A wins.
B loses 100 soldiers.

It's just a basic layout of what might happen, it can be spruced up with soldier classes such as Calvary and infantry and ranged and certain bonuses and weaknesses each one has against each other, and so on and so forth.


This sounds like the game of Risk.
That one guy who's really good at disappearing at exactly the worst times for some reason.
Who is now here-ish.
Again.

User avatar
Obiwanabi
Posts: 884

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#9 » 09 Aug 2016 03:31

Remy98 wrote:
Obiwanabi wrote:How about something like this:

A declares war on B
A's first army attacks B' second army
A has 1000 soldiers.
B has 1000 soldiers.
A rolls 5
B rolls 6
B wins. A loses 100 soldiers.
A has 900 soldiers
B has 1000 soldiers
A rolls 2
B rolls 1
A wins.
B loses 100 soldiers.

It's just a basic layout of what might happen, it can be spruced up with soldier classes such as Calvary and infantry and ranged and certain bonuses and weaknesses each one has against each other, and so on and so forth.


This sounds like the game of Risk.

It really is, I just hope you don't get more units with the more land you have, because Risk is incredibly unbalanced in that sense.
I'm with stupider
I
V

User avatar
Remy98
Posts: 152
Contact:

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#10 » 09 Aug 2016 03:38

Obiwanabi wrote:
Remy98 wrote:
Obiwanabi wrote:How about something like this:

A declares war on B
A's first army attacks B' second army
A has 1000 soldiers.
B has 1000 soldiers.
A rolls 5
B rolls 6
B wins. A loses 100 soldiers.
A has 900 soldiers
B has 1000 soldiers
A rolls 2
B rolls 1
A wins.
B loses 100 soldiers.

It's just a basic layout of what might happen, it can be spruced up with soldier classes such as Calvary and infantry and ranged and certain bonuses and weaknesses each one has against each other, and so on and so forth.


This sounds like the game of Risk.

It really is, I just hope you don't get more units with the more land you have, because Risk is incredibly unbalanced in that sense.


Perhaps you could earn more troops by striking deals and being diplomatic with other nations?
But then that would require more people to be proactive on those kinds of forum games.
That one guy who's really good at disappearing at exactly the worst times for some reason.
Who is now here-ish.
Again.

Return to “Clubs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest