Roleplay Chatroom

Everything from dance club to chess club.
Obiwanabi

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#11 » 09 Aug 2016 04:05

Remy98 wrote:
Obiwanabi wrote:
Remy98 wrote:
This sounds like the game of Risk.

It really is, I just hope you don't get more units with the more land you have, because Risk is incredibly unbalanced in that sense.

Perhaps you could earn more troops by striking deals and being diplomatic with other nations?
But then that would require more people to be proactive on those kinds of forum games.

It's nitro's never ending roleplay, so it's really up to him for how it works, but I think doing diplomatic things would earn you influence really, which might be able to be used for getting soldiers...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

SlayerOfNight

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#12 » 09 Aug 2016 14:14

Hey! I'm releasing a roleplay within the next few days, and since this is the roleplay chat, I figured I might as well tell you guys. :D
​Be fantastic, Kill walkers, Tame creatures, Allon-sy!
Driver picks the music shotgun shuts his cakehole
What kind of house doesn't have salt? Low sodium freaks. I found a liquor store and I drank it. Am I The only one zen around here? INTJ-T. Slytherin.

noghiri
Site Admin

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#13 » 09 Aug 2016 14:18

The way we did it back in XvS1 and 2 is the local resident tactically knowledgeable people would stare at things until it made sense. And then 90% of the time Xan would make a random dice roll and base the results off that instead of the actual tactics. It was a mess, and if I recall correctly it never really got codified.

Cogent isn't a good idea for a number of reasons ranging from ones already brought up (it's not designed for this) to a laundry list of other issues I won't get into right now (The number of weird quirks...)

The question ends up being, how in-depth do you want it? You could go so in-depth you're using maps that show the forces and maneuver them in turns, like those old Civil War tactical simulators. Or you could abstract it to the point of using a system inspired by Risk, where soldiers live or die at a dice roll.
hairplanes

Invictus Maneo

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#14 » 09 Aug 2016 15:45

noghiri wrote:The way we did it back in XvS1 and 2 is the local resident tactically knowledgeable people would stare at things until it made sense. And then 90% of the time Xan would make a random dice roll and base the results off that instead of the actual tactics. It was a mess, and if I recall correctly it never really got codified.

Cogent isn't a good idea for a number of reasons ranging from ones already brought up (it's not designed for this) to a laundry list of other issues I won't get into right now (The number of weird quirks...)

The question ends up being, how in-depth do you want it? You could go so in-depth you're using maps that show the forces and maneuver them in turns, like those old Civil War tactical simulators. Or you could abstract it to the point of using a system inspired by Risk, where soldiers live or die at a dice roll.

How successful do you think I can do a nation RP where combat is based partially off dice-roll but mainly theorycrafting and logic to the outcome?
Bresn. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worldbuilder- Arcturus & Astraeus; the twin realms, The Shocktheur Rebellion; rise of the titans.

NitroMiyaz

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#15 » 09 Aug 2016 17:15

noghiri wrote:The question ends up being, how in-depth do you want it? You could go so in-depth you're using maps that show the forces and maneuver them in turns, like those old Civil War tactical simulators. Or you could abstract it to the point of using a system inspired by Risk, where soldiers live or die at a dice roll.

I'd like a dice roll system, though I want it to be able to integrate the war system with my group battle system. Meaning, I want to be able to allow players to actually participate on the battlefield if they want to. Thus meaning, a player who became king could actually enlist a player to help in the war, which could change the entire outcome. What originally would be just a war system of random dice rolls, a player could help another player and defeat more enemies to liken the results in favor of victory. It's like playing two different games at the same time in the same world. Like Spore.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFJ-A

SlayerOfNight

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#16 » 09 Aug 2016 17:33

Finished/posted my RP, be sure to take a look!
​Be fantastic, Kill walkers, Tame creatures, Allon-sy!
Driver picks the music shotgun shuts his cakehole
What kind of house doesn't have salt? Low sodium freaks. I found a liquor store and I drank it. Am I The only one zen around here? INTJ-T. Slytherin.

Fireally

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#17 » 10 Aug 2016 04:39

@Nitrate

That would also depend on how characters are set up, whether they have stats, magic, equipment, etc.

Personally, this looks like a Risk/R2D scenario. Largescale battles happen like a risk roll, but when a player is involved in that battle they have a few turns (I'd probably say like 5) to try and adjust the outcome (Battlefield aka Risk Roll has been done already, so the battle progresses how it went and to how the player changes it) any soldiers with the player will probably function like the R2D party system where they have actions and wills of their own, but they are with and listen to the player directly.

Anyway, that's my suggestion. I think it'd be cool to see some kind of implementation like this, especially if it got attached to that little ruler of WoodHaven thing. Xp
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

Remy98

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#18 » 11 Aug 2016 02:30

I am the king of super-long posts. :twisted:
That one guy who's really good at disappearing at exactly the worst times for some reason.
Who is now here-ish.
Again.

NitroMiyaz

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#19 » 13 Aug 2016 19:24

This is a test. Move along.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFJ-A

Obiwanabi

Roleplay Chatroom

Post#20 » 14 Aug 2016 14:19

NitroMiyaz wrote:Image

This is a test. Move along.

You should've used the test post area... ;) (to everyone who knows where and what that is, I applaud you)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?