Writers' Club

Everything from dance club to chess club.
Remy98

Writers' Club

Post#1 » 11 Aug 2016 16:01

So I figured I'd just start a Writers' Club thread for the many of you who are developing your own stories, characters, worlds, etc.. I decided we could just talk loosely about them here and our own respective progress and what-not, since it seems most everyone here has some kind of interest in RP, or else this community wouldn't have survived a forum apocalypse (RIP Punchwood) and a forum migration (RIP WoodHaven).

And it doesn't have to just be a novel or a short story... Heck, it doesn't even have to be a fully-fledged story, it can just be character art and descriptions, if you want.

So yeah, calling all ye story-tellers. Whoop whoop!
That one guy who's really good at disappearing at exactly the worst times for some reason.
Who is now here-ish.
Again.

Invictus Maneo

Writers' Club

Post#2 » 11 Aug 2016 16:19

Bresn. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worldbuilder- Arcturus & Astraeus; the twin realms, The Shocktheur Rebellion; rise of the titans.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Writers' Club

Post#3 » 12 Aug 2016 04:12

I've been working on my own project for a while now. I put the three current teasers for it in the art and music section if anybody wants to go look at them.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

WoodGreen

Writers' Club

Post#4 » 15 Aug 2016 09:42

I've been working on something pretty ambitious... but creating a world map on PowerPoint isn't ideal.
I'm with stupid
I
V

HunterOfEvil

Writers' Club

Post#5 » 20 Aug 2016 16:42

I've been spending time on a Undertale backstory fanfiction thing, just cuz its fun. I usually don't like fanfics, but its also a lot of specualtion and coming up with reasons for things, and building up my own OCs and stuff, so its cool. http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/g ... nd-Bravery

I've also been spending a lot of time on roleplays and drawing.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

Invictus Maneo

Writers' Club

Post#6 » 20 Aug 2016 18:03

This is probably the best work I have for my stories so far:

Within the woodlands of Arcturus dwells a powerful Greater Spirit, known as Eon, or the Arcturus Guardian. With a flourish, young sapling expand and unfold as they gain strength, towering branches that soared far beyond mortals and leaving them captive with awe. The command of nature's wrath rest within him, and Eon does not hesitate to unleash his judgement, raising stone golems into life and summoning a flurry of petals that had the power to kill men.

Together with the other powerful Spirits of the world, balance was kept. And the races of Arcturus clashed, empires rose and crumbled into the dirt they blossomed out of. Those like Eon continued to watch. Waking but passive, only stepping in in dire times to restore order.

But whereas there are those that work for order, there are others that seek to break harmony, and invoke chaos and turmoil. When the age of strife ravages the lands of Arcturus and war strikes the unwavering force of nature known as Eon shall wake, full of fury, assembling his followers against something vile, unnamed, undesirable. Something that blacks out the sky and presents a threat that the mortal races of Arcturus has never fought.

Nothing will deny Eon from defending his domain and those he has watched from the birth of Arcturus.
"It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay though never quite eradicated" Albus Dumbledore

@glowdaze
Bresn. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worldbuilder- Arcturus & Astraeus; the twin realms, The Shocktheur Rebellion; rise of the titans.

NitroMiyaz

Writers' Club

Post#7 » 22 Aug 2016 04:03

Introduction to Teva

Welcome traveler. I am [GAIA], the admin of this world, created to protect and keep the balance of everything in it. You appear to have come by outside means, though I have no understanding of how it has happened. If my calculations are correct, you have come by one of these means listed below:

1. You have accidentally stumbled into the world.
2. You have been summoned to the world to save it.
3. You have just died (Usually by truck-san) and your spirit has been sent to this world.
4. You have found a way to travel through dimensions yourself, and have entered this world.

Regardless of how you arrived, I am afraid to inform you that returning is not an option at present. Please be at ease, however, for there is a way to send you back to your world, if you so wish it. In the world of Teva, there is a great evil. An evil that had made its appearance a few years back, and has been growing stronger ever since. Approximately 1000 years ago, a hero from this world sealed the great evil, but was never able to truly destroy it. And as a result, it is becoming stronger than even I imagined. It is the Demon King, a powerful individual with an entire army at his fingertips. Just recently, he had broken the seal and is now currently fighting a war with the rest of the world. His armies are getting stronger, and the rest of the world's population is declining at an alarming rate. Soon enough, he will take over the continent of Kraytos and then the rest of the world.
My job is to ensure the balance of the world. However, I cannot directly influence it. The Moderators have been trying to deal with the problem, but it seems they do not have the brute force capable of bringing the Demon King down. Soon enough, he will gain power so great it is possible that he could potentially wipe out the Moderators themselves. I do not wish for this to happen. If the Moderators are destroyed, the balance of the world will crumble. And, the Demon King will have complete control of Teva.
What I am asking you to do, is defeat the Demon King. Do not worry, as this will benefit you as well. The reason you cannot return home is also due to the Demon King. Just like 1000 years ago, when the Demon King was active, the World Gate, the portal between worlds, shut down. The reason was because of the disruption of magic due to the Demon King's influence. His magic caused a fluctuation in the World Gate just strong enough to distort the realm of the universe. This could also potentially be the reason for your appearance at present. Because the Demon King has broken free, the fluctuation has begun again.
I will be sending you to my world, the world of Teva. You may choose your own path, but I humbly ask of you to defeat the Demon King. I will also grant you some gifts, gifts important for your journey in my world. You may use this power as you'd like, but be warned. What you do with this power can greatly affect Teva. Now go, start your journey, whatever it may be.

Just a little rough draft or basic intro plot. Nuthin much.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A

Invictus Maneo

Writers' Club

Post#8 » 24 Aug 2016 02:49

NitroMiyaz wrote:Introduction to Teva

Welcome traveler. I am [GAIA], the admin of this world, created to protect and keep the balance of everything in it. You appear to have come by outside means, though I have no understanding of how it has happened. If my calculations are correct, you have come by one of these means listed below:

1. You have accidentally stumbled into the world.
2. You have been summoned to the world to save it.
3. You have just died (Usually by truck-san) and your spirit has been sent to this world.
4. You have found a way to travel through dimensions yourself, and have entered this world.

Regardless of how you arrived, I am afraid to inform you that returning is not an option at present. Please be at ease, however, for there is a way to send you back to your world, if you so wish it. In the world of Teva, there is a great evil. An evil that had made its appearance a few years back, and has been growing stronger ever since. Approximately 1000 years ago, a hero from this world sealed the great evil, but was never able to truly destroy it. And as a result, it is becoming stronger than even I imagined. It is the Demon King, a powerful individual with an entire army at his fingertips. Just recently, he had broken the seal and is now currently fighting a war with the rest of the world. His armies are getting stronger, and the rest of the world's population is declining at an alarming rate. Soon enough, he will take over the continent of Kraytos and then the rest of the world.
My job is to ensure the balance of the world. However, I cannot directly influence it. The Moderators have been trying to deal with the problem, but it seems they do not have the brute force capable of bringing the Demon King down. Soon enough, he will gain power so great it is possible that he could potentially wipe out the Moderators themselves. I do not wish for this to happen. If the Moderators are destroyed, the balance of the world will crumble. And, the Demon King will have complete control of Teva.
What I am asking you to do, is defeat the Demon King. Do not worry, as this will benefit you as well. The reason you cannot return home is also due to the Demon King. Just like 1000 years ago, when the Demon King was active, the World Gate, the portal between worlds, shut down. The reason was because of the disruption of magic due to the Demon King's influence. His magic caused a fluctuation in the World Gate just strong enough to distort the realm of the universe. This could also potentially be the reason for your appearance at present. Because the Demon King has broken free, the fluctuation has begun again.
I will be sending you to my world, the world of Teva. You may choose your own path, but I humbly ask of you to defeat the Demon King. I will also grant you some gifts, gifts important for your journey in my world. You may use this power as you'd like, but be warned. What you do with this power can greatly affect Teva. Now go, start your journey, whatever it may be.

Just a little rough draft or basic intro plot. Nuthin much.

So what if my one and only OC is a dimension-walker that has killed Gods? :^)

That obviously wouldn't be allowed. But anyways, I believed the Writer's Club used to have contests based on themes and such, perhaps we should do that, or at least try.

NitroMiyaz

Writers' Club

Post#9 » 24 Aug 2016 06:31

Invictus Maneo wrote:So what if my one and only OC is a dimension-walker that has killed Gods? :^)

That obviously wouldn't be allowed. But anyways, I believed the Writer's Club used to have contests based on themes and such, perhaps we should do that, or at least try.

I think you'll be quite surprised when I say that you CAN use the OC character. It would just be really depowered in the beginning. In my role play, after a long enough time, I'm hoping to allow players to level up like an rpg game, and eventually become so overpowered they can battle against the Mods (moderators/gods) of my world. There is also an ultimate boss, who could potentially be the strongest character you've ever faced so far. But getting to fight against him (It) would take a REALLY long time.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A

UthmanX

Writers' Club

Post#10 » 25 Aug 2016 19:46

It's been a while since I've written anything, this the last poem I wrote:

Her petals are pastel,
The curious tinge
of fleeting youth.

O' pale winged angel
Fool me with fables
Anything from the truth.

She's the beauty
of the burnt Earth