Writers' Club

Everything from dance club to chess club.
NitroMiyaz

Writers' Club

Post#121 » 12 Nov 2016 19:48

The story seems to take place in a post-war like state. Pirates loot and raid cities due to low resources, and much of the towns have been steampunked. I could put this in a timeline after some kind of war in the steampunk era. The location of your story seems to take place near an ocean, with a forest nearby. Fairies exist, but it appears as though humans don't make contact with them too often and are quite valuable. Magic exists, of course, but it doesn't seem as though things such as wizards or mages do. At least not from what I've read.

Overall, post apacalyptic setting in a steampunk world, low resources, sky pirates, fairies, high crime rate, and possibly a weak governmental or justice system.

So, who wants to put their stories here? I'll see what I can do to create a timeline history of sorts. However rough it may be. :P
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Writers' Club

Post#122 » 12 Nov 2016 20:13

Well, I mean, if you want to try fitting my webcomic in, i'll post a small synopsis in a few.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

smartdevon

Writers' Club

Post#123 » 13 Nov 2016 23:05

Im writing another chapter today.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Writers' Club

Post#124 » 14 Nov 2016 00:03

Here's a link to my webcomic synopsis. The thing i think you;ll have problems with is i have two very specific years stated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ucf ... sp=sharing
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

NitroMiyaz

Writers' Club

Post#125 » 15 Nov 2016 09:17

Yeah, idk if it is possible to put a story that should take place on Earth in a different world. xD
However, if the dates and planet name is changed, the story could very easily be placed in our "world" later in the future.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A

Fireally

Writers' Club

Post#126 » 15 Nov 2016 23:14

I could write a thing for the civilization/race I made up if we wanted to do that.

I'm also picking up on Dragons and Draconic-human relations in this. Perhaps that had something to do with why they went Steampunk? I could write a few words on that as well if we wanted.

We also have magic apparent in here, we should probably establish how it works, what rules it has in this universe and how it can interact with technologies. And probably a mention of the tech we have in the steampunk era would help a lot. What's common, what's not, how does it work (aside from steam).
Fireally's YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/c/FireallyXela

Obiwanabi

Writers' Club

Post#127 » 16 Nov 2016 04:03

If there are dragons/draconic things, I totally recommend that they're enslaved as a lesser race used to make the steam for everything steam related.
I'm with stupider
I
V

Invictus Maneo

Writers' Club

Post#128 » 16 Nov 2016 04:26

I like to go the OP route for magic power level.

Magic is limitless.

So what limits it?

The Gods. Immortal beings. Enforcers and spirits. Do not abuse your power, most have a defined power level. But those, under special situations, present a threat to the safety of this world, the natural workings of this world will mend any dangers and there are those who takes the defense of the world to heart. Also, a big influx with magic will certainly attract dimension-walkers seeking to shut somebody.

Magic is by mind, motion or verbal. They're all distinct and they all have their own advantages, if mind magic is suppressing you, muter the strongest primal cry you can and blast away your opponent with sheer arcane magic or make a aggressive motion to crumble the ground underneath them. But casting with your mind is the hardest method and people tend to use a mix of two motions and all three, which could be done correctly to amplify your spellcasting.

Affinity depends, but most can only work with one or two elements. Magic is very potent but a lot of people will never learn to use it.

~

Also. I'm gonna go the dimension-travel route and spark a mini-conflict with the Isle of Peace versus my own bad guys. Like a mystic warfare, as a backstory.
Bresn. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worldbuilder- Arcturus & Astraeus; the twin realms, The Shocktheur Rebellion; rise of the titans.

NitroMiyaz

Writers' Club

Post#129 » 16 Nov 2016 09:15

In order for us to make a world that we can write our stories in, I do believe we need to first make rules that exist in the world. Such as, is magic flexible, or does it follow certain rules. I also thought up a really rough timeline.
Primordial age -> Transcendental War -> Primeval age -> Medieval age -> Demon War -> Restoration period -> Steampunk age -> Modern age -> Epidemic -> Post-apocalypse -> Magic steampunk age -> Great Pandemonium -> Magic sci-fi age -> Second Trascendental War

...or something like that.
My character Pandora could be a Demon god figure that is everything evil. Like, the one who wants to be in power to make everything his way and whatnot.

smartdevon

Writers' Club

Post#130 » 16 Nov 2016 11:31

The way Ive written about magic so far is the idea that theres diffrent types of spells that very in simplicity and complexity, but that the spells can be altared by the users intentions. Basically an idea that tge magic is controled by the imagination. I also made magic super rare and difficult to use. I imagine magic was ince more abundant but than some kinda watlr wiped out a bunch of the magic.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Return to “Clubs”