Writers' Club

Everything from dance club to chess club.
NitroMiyaz

Writers' Club

Post#131 » 16 Nov 2016 22:51

Primordial age -> Transcendental War -> Primeval age -> Medieval age -> Demon War -> Restoration period -> Steampunk age -> Modern/sci-fi age -> Epidemic -> Post-apocalypse -> Magic steampunk age -> Great Pandemonium -> Magic sci-fi age -> Second Trascendental War

Taking this timeline into account, Devon's story would probably take place in the Post-apocalypse era, where the world is slowly recovering from a widespread epidemic of some sort (A demon war, a deadly virus, etc.). It would explain the fact that steampunk technology and strange contraptions exist in the world, though in ruins. It could also be a time where people are rediscovering magic, learned from ancient civilizations from before the steampunk age and demon war.

Pip's story would probably be placed after the Great Pandemonium, during the Magic sci-fi age. That, or the Modern/sci-fi age, where magic is close to nonexistent. Depends if there's magic in the world or not. The reason it could be in the Modern/sci-fi age is mostly due to the fact that an epidemic occurs after, which could be caused by a deadly virus to spread (zombies anyone?) due to experiments. However, if there's magic it could also occur in the Magic sci-fi age, where magic and aliens come together. Or something like that. Probably during the Modern/sci-fi age though.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Writers' Club

Post#132 » 16 Nov 2016 23:12

Eh. I think I'll just continue to have my webcomic be it's own thing. It'll be more interesting if I want to make more characters later, each with their own story, but have them be in the same universe as the webcomic.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

Obiwanabi

Writers' Club

Post#133 » 17 Nov 2016 04:29

I think magic should follow rules and laws, and that magic is essentially a small part of science, otherwise magic in our world will simply be a similar book with a different cover. I don't think many people have fully explored magic scientifically in fiction before, and I'd like to incorporate things like that into a story.
I'm with stupider
I
V

NitroMiyaz

Writers' Club

Post#134 » 17 Nov 2016 09:19

From the many novels I've read, magic is within everything and everyone. Mana being the power internally, magic being the power externally. Think of mana like Ki, (dragon ball or whatnot) and magic as external mysterious energy. They can interact with one another and are essentially the same, but have subtle differences.
People who use mana (internal) could be based on imagination and body movements. It's faster to use, but drains the energy from within oneself, making the persons magical output weaker over time. In addition, if their mana is drained or restricted by a magic tool, they can no longer use magic. Their power is not affected by outside forces, however.
People who use magic (external) would be known as spell casters, possibly alchemists, or rune decoders. Instead of using the power within them, they draw power from around them. The down side is that the weaker the magic in the area, the less power they can use. In addition, using magic can take longer than using mana, as the person would need to chant or write runes in order to use the external power, and if they are unable to chant or write, their magic is cancelled. Something good about this though is that their power is almost limitless, as it comes from the outside, not the inside, and most of the time the power of external magic has a greater output than internal mana.
Last edited by NitroMiyaz on 17 Nov 2016 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFP-A

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Writers' Club

Post#135 » 17 Nov 2016 09:28

Oh yeah, before I forget, but could I get some feedback on that synopsis I posted? Just curious, really.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

Invictus Maneo

Writers' Club

Post#136 » 18 Nov 2016 23:13

Bresn. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worldbuilder- Arcturus & Astraeus; the twin realms, The Shocktheur Rebellion; rise of the titans.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Writers' Club

Post#137 » 18 Nov 2016 23:14

piplupm wrote:Here's a link to my webcomic synopsis. The thing i think you;ll have problems with is i have two very specific years stated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ucf ... sp=sharing

Right here.

smartdevon

Writers' Club

Post#138 » 26 Nov 2016 01:29

Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Invictus Maneo

Writers' Club

Post#139 » 10 Feb 2017 03:50

DUN DUN DUN LETS BRING IT BACK
Bresn. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worldbuilder- Arcturus & Astraeus; the twin realms, The Shocktheur Rebellion; rise of the titans.

Obiwanabi

Writers' Club

Post#140 » 10 Feb 2017 04:00

Not a terrible idea, and this time I may actually get something on a Doc...
I'm with stupider
I
V

Return to “Clubs”