Writers' Club

Everything from dance club to chess club.
HunterOfEvil

Writers' Club

Post#21 » 10 Sep 2016 03:03

Obiwanabi wrote:
HunterOfEvil wrote:I wrote this lil' free verse poem. http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/a ... -631945915
And then I took it apart, line by line, and explained why I wrote what I wrote and why this means a lot to me. http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/j ... -631793501

The fact that you tore apart the poem and told others what it meant to you is fantastic. I like that part of it, I honestly can say I don't like sharing what's underneath my external self. Few have ever seen and will ever see that part of me (I'd say like one or two people, not counting religion, if I was three or four). So you can imagine I don't like to talk about what poems or songs or other pieces of writing mean to me, but anyways I'm rambling. Suffice it to say, I enjoy the "tear the poem apart" portion.

I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! Obviously, I love talking about the deeper points in everything, and sharing about myself to others so they understand me better (I am subject to many a misunderstanding). I hope to do more as well.
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

Private Rico

Writers' Club

Post#22 » 23 Sep 2016 04:25

Quick question for you all. I'm a film student, and being that I kinda have to write screen plays (well, not yet technically but I need serious practice). Would you all be interested in critiquing mine once I have some stuff in the works?

smartdevon

Writers' Club

Post#23 » 23 Sep 2016 11:15

Private Rico wrote:Quick question for you all. I'm a film student, and being that I kinda have to write screen plays (well, not yet technically but I need serious practice). Would you all be interested in critiquing mine once I have some stuff in the works?

Id love to
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Obiwanabi

Writers' Club

Post#24 » 24 Sep 2016 03:02

Private Rico wrote:Quick question for you all. I'm a film student, and being that I kinda have to write screen plays (well, not yet technically but I need serious practice). Would you all be interested in critiquing mine once I have some stuff in the works?

As long as it's a form of writing I think we can work with it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Invictus Maneo

Writers' Club

Post#25 » 29 Sep 2016 04:46

You can also hit up Reddit, there's a lot of subreddits and I believe there's one for scripts. I been trying to read something solid that I won't delete due to confidence issues so I'm gonna post it here to be less inclined scraping my work.

Thunder rumbled with a sinister sneer and thick droplets resonated through the surface of the monastery. It was common, due to the isolated parts in those mountains.

Alysia was terrified.

Figures strolled past her in the hallway, their armored forms making no remarkable difference in little openings that revealed a storming sky, ablaze with lighting that revealed gleams of runeblades and strips of red. They nodded to the young Fateseer, but she didn't respond, instead tightening her grip on the crooked wand she held.

She saw death in every single one, there were those where the monasteries were nothing but a smoldering ruins and to fall into the obscenity of folktales. If it was not oblivion then she saw bodies dirtying the ancient beauty of the temple , the lifeblood of the noble Steelguard mixing in with the savage cultists who seek the relics locked deep within. The air was electric to bare skin and the air distorted under her nervousness.
Bresn. Fantasy and Sci-Fi worldbuilder- Arcturus & Astraeus; the twin realms, The Shocktheur Rebellion; rise of the titans.

Obiwanabi

Writers' Club

Post#26 » 03 Oct 2016 02:56

So, here's an idea, what if, say a collection of us decided to create a world together, choose about what part of the world we want to write about, come up with lore for that region, and write. The stories don't even have to be during the same time, or even have to connect at all, just as long as it's in the same world. It's a very loose idea, I just wanted to bring it up and see what people thought of it.

smartdevon

Writers' Club

Post#27 » 03 Oct 2016 12:16

Obiwanabi wrote:So, here's an idea, what if, say a collection of us decided to create a world together, choose about what part of the world we want to write about, come up with lore for that region, and write. The stories don't even have to be during the same time, or even have to connect at all, just as long as it's in the same world. It's a very loose idea, I just wanted to bring it up and see what people thought of it.

Ive played with the idea before, using my "Oracle" world as a basis. Id live too
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

Obiwanabi

Writers' Club

Post#28 » 04 Oct 2016 03:16

smartdevon wrote:
Obiwanabi wrote:So, here's an idea, what if, say a collection of us decided to create a world together, choose about what part of the world we want to write about, come up with lore for that region, and write. The stories don't even have to be during the same time, or even have to connect at all, just as long as it's in the same world. It's a very loose idea, I just wanted to bring it up and see what people thought of it.

Ive played with the idea before, using my "Oracle" world as a basis. Id live too

Hey look at that, you're the second person to say "I'd love too,"
Okay since a few people actually think it's not a half-bad idea, (three so far counting myself ;) ) why don't we make some sort of plan? I honestly haven't gotten to far into the idea yet.

HunterOfEvil

Writers' Club

Post#29 » 04 Oct 2016 03:59

*Claps hands* Okay! Someone come up with an idea! Any idea will do!
I am not brave, I am only just, for fear knows no man's name better than the one called "fearless", but there is no fear in love.

Hunt evil, Kill beasts, Slay darkness, and SURVIVE!

Deviant Art: http://thehunterofevil.deviantart.com/

smartdevon

Writers' Club

Post#30 » 04 Oct 2016 12:10

Its easy we for an idea for a world we wanna create. I can lay out the premise for my Oracle world if you guys wanna consider it.

Chaos Era:
The world is dominated by monsters. Most the world is divided into kingdoms. In thses kingdoms live elves, humans, animorphs, and other races. At one time, kingdoms begin being burned and toppled by the king of monsters, the chaos Oracle. One kingdom launches a plan to save themselves from the Chaos Oracles wrath. They create four elemental weapons. The sword of Fire, the Windosirits Bow, the Earthshaker Hammer, and the Tridant of Water. These weapons were to be given to four knights to become Oracles themselves. Previously the only existing Oracles were those of Light, Darkness and Chaos. Light and Darkness could not defeat Chaos themselves. As the finak weapon if the four, the Sword of Fire, was forged by the minotaur blacksmith Tauros, the Chaos Oracle appeared to prevent his doom. Only Tauros, and the young girl Sylva were there. Tauros set off a flare. The chaos Oracle slew the young Sylva and mortally wounded Tauros. The knights and Oracles arrived just in time to save Tauros's life. Unprepared for a full scale fight the chaos Oracle fled, by the assistance of the mages of the kingdom, Tauros bound Sylvas dying spirit to the sword of fire. Saving her life but cursing her with immortality. Sylva became the sword of fire, and gained the ability to change forms between a sword and a girl.
The chaos Oracle was defeated. The fire Oracle, the new partner to Sylva, was nearly killed by the Chaos Oracle. He eventually passed away in a foreign kingdom and was burried with his weapon, as the inhabitants of that kingdom had no knoledge of Sylva. The other Oracles hid their weapons before their passing, and the Chaos Era Closed.

Revival Era:
A hundred years after the Chaos Era ended, the elemental weapons have been found. (This part of the timeline was based off defenders academy. In DA the people who found the weapons were Lash Rick Funy and Okami, but in Oracle, the people who found the weapons were Lash, Rick, Soto, and the unnamed wife of Shin,) Lash and Rick organize the elite defenders to protect the world. Soon, an organization known as the council rises. They launch several attacks and earths new foe roleplay happens. Lash and rick Die and the council take over.

The Council Era:
The council govern the world in Oligarchy. This is where "Oracle" happens. Koda, the son of Shin, (who once again, was based off funy) watches his mom get killed, he runs off with her bow which turns out to be the windspirit bow and helps the elite defenders, who are now a rebel organization, topple the council and restore the kingdom placing the former prince in charge.

Heres how we can do it. We have this world of Magic and Monsters, we can tell stories by any medium we choose. Write a book (I can show you how to publish an ebook) make a game (Thats what Ill do.) Shortstories, heck make an anime if you want. Possible stories include
Forging tge elemental weapons
The chaos era in general, adventures of the Oracles post chaos era, sidestories of the war, sidestories of the inhabitants of the kingdom, etc. If we wanna use each others characters (and if you guys like this idea, I will use your characters with permission) well have to communicate a little to really define who the character is.