Photography Club

Everything from dance club to chess club.
Shourin

Photography Club

Post#1 » 14 Aug 2016 03:17

I thought I would restart the photography club from the old forums. A place to share Pictures you have taken.

Rules.
1. Nothing offensive
2. Your picture has to be your own.

effdeekaa

Photography Club

Post#2 » 21 Aug 2016 21:07

Great idea, I always liked the old photography thread!

I don't know why, but I haven't used my camera since almost one year... :(
"...the most beautiful skies as a matter of fact, the sunsets were purple and red and yellow and on fire..."

Soboy

Photography Club

Post#3 » 26 Aug 2016 04:11

Here are a couple shots from a trip to Charleston,

[+] Pictures

I'm not so sure about the second, also it's not a super expensive lens so the blur isn't super high quality. Lemme know what you think :)
Last edited by SoulFox on 28 Aug 2016 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing spoiler tag

effdeekaa

Photography Club

Post#4 » 26 Aug 2016 12:09

Hey Soboy, great to see you!

Yeah, who doesn't love the play with narrow depth of field!

I think you nailed it in the 3rd one, as the object in focus (the sign) has also the main part of the picture.

In the second shot, I think the problem is this: the clock tower takes a lot of the main space, that's why I'd expect it to be the topic of the picture, hence I'd expect it to be in focus. To me, the focus on the wall vs. the main amount of space for the tower is a contradiction, which makes the shot a bit weird. As you chose to make the wall the topic of the picture, IMHO you should have given it more room. (Sorry for my long-winded clumsy words, I hope it makes sense, LOL)

In all three shots, I like how you try to keep the topic/focus away from the center.

Good to see you, been a long time. Cheers! :)
"...the most beautiful skies as a matter of fact, the sunsets were purple and red and yellow and on fire..."

Soboy

Photography Club

Post#5 » 27 Aug 2016 15:48

Thanks for the criticism! I appreciate long winded responses, helps me a lot!
#MusicClubUnite :P

SoulFox

Photography Club

Post#6 » 28 Aug 2016 17:30

I think I mentioned this on the last forum in the photography club, but I am a professional studio photographer, I do things such as portraits, weddings, events, etc., and I think I shared a few pieces of my early work on the last forum, so I wont bother reposting any of that stuff here. But, I got a brand new camera last week, a Nikon D5500, and I've spent what little free time I have since then trying it out, mostly on my cat... I have too many pictures of my cat... But I have quite been enjoying the D5500 so far, I especially like the high quality performance the camera has while using a higher ISO in lower lighting situations. Handles darker scenes ten time better than my older camera. (Granted my Canon is almost 6 years old..)

Anyways, I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite shots from this last week. Just some fooling around with my cat..
[+] Photos

I like the clarity in the first one, I'm a sucker for a well executed FOV with a nice clear focal point, and the D5500 has a delicate touch when it comes to FOV. And I love the rich colors in the second one. It can be difficult to get clean shots in harsh sunlight, but i've got no complaints on that shot. I like using my cat as a subject when trying out new cameras and techniques because of the colors and textures in her fur. The dark colors present a challenge to keep her well lit, without blowing out the rest of the image. I'm satisfied with the result. Plus this picture just makes me chuckle because I caught her with her tongue out, hehe.

But yeah, just experimenting with the new camera for now, recently launched my website so hopefully i'll have some new projects to share soon!

Shourin

Photography Club

Post#7 » 31 Aug 2016 03:14

The first one I posted in the last forums. Taken in February 2014 seconds before the ice under my feet broke and ended up taking a ice bath. The 2nd one was a tiny snail my sisters 6 yr old found on our picnic table.
[+] Picture
ImageImage

effdeekaa

Photography Club

Post#8 » 31 Aug 2016 11:01

Here's my dog (very untypical - he doesn't like water, but he was after some ducks...), pic taken last year on 2015-09-12. So this is one of the most recent pictures I've taken. :?

redghostboy

Photography Club

Post#9 » 06 Nov 2016 02:02

Soboy wrote:Here are a couple shots from a trip to Charleston

Charleston, West Virginia?
"One thing led to another, Jarod threw some butter, and now we're in a hot tub eating oatmeal that tastes like a sweaty armpit."
-Me

Return to “Clubs”