Anime Club

Everything from dance club to chess club.
smartdevon

Anime Club

Post#1 » 17 Mar 2017 23:38

Heres where we discuss our favorite anime, and provide reccomendations for others! My pe4sonal favorites are Ace Attorney, Sword Art Online, and Re:Zero.
Heres a full list of the anime Ive seen (and how much I liked them)
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/smart ... ort=rating
Im looking for something new. Some adventure, shounen type of thing. However not so serious taht it never jokes around. I wouldnt mind a comedy either... you know what, forget all those parameters, just lemme know a good anime to watch.
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Anime Club

Post#2 » 18 Mar 2017 00:03

Accel World is good. Created by the same person as SAO. The anime leaves off at about book 4 of the light novels, but if you finish the show and want more, the first 9 light novels are out in english. I'd recommend reading all the books after the anime, even though the plot of 1 through 4 was used for the show itself, simply because the books have more content and things they couldn't reasonably fit into a 30ish minute episode.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

Remy98

Anime Club

Post#3 » 18 Mar 2017 00:43

If you can handle some blood and perhaps an ounce of mild gore, Baccano! is REALLY good. It's a story that really challenges the usual chronological timeline storytelling method and has a number of stories running parallel to each other, which may seem a little hard to understand at first, but it's still great. There are so many fun moments and endearing characters, you can forgive the series for some of the violence. I'm currently watching it all the way through for the third time in a row. Plus, the theme song is sooooo catchy.

I also really liked Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Great story that does something a lot of contemporary epic shonen anime series try and fail to do: it follows a number of interesting characters and keeps my attention throughout the series.
That one guy who's really good at disappearing at exactly the worst times for some reason.
Who is now here-ish.
Again.

NitroMiyaz

Anime Club

Post#4 » 19 Mar 2017 03:32

Pshhh... If you want an anime that will make you burst out in tears from laughter, do I have the anime for you. ;)

Try watching Konosuba, one of the most hilarious twists on the 'transported to another world' genre.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/30831/Kono_Subarashii_Sekai_ni_Shukufuku_wo
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFJ-A

FUNYjk27

Anime Club

Post#5 » 19 Mar 2017 04:24

I've recently gotten hooked on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure which certainly lives up to it's title. Later I'm planing on returning to watching Hunter X Hunter and Assassination Classroom again. I started both of them around the same time; unfortunately I didn't get very far before life distracted me but what I did see I enjoyed.

Also funny you should bring it up Nitro, I Just finishing up the first season of Konosuba. Have you had a chance to see the second yet?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die"~H.P. Lovecraft

I am currently working on getting set up here so sorry if I don't post for a while or anything like that. Either way it's great to be here!

NitroMiyaz

Anime Club

Post#6 » 19 Mar 2017 08:38

Nah, I didn't see the second... I read way past it. ;)
I am the third generation Nitro. Nitro III, to be exact. :ugeek: Personality type: INFJ-A

smartdevon

Anime Club

Post#7 » 27 Mar 2017 19:09

By tge way if any of yall are lookin for something to watch, Moon Phase is the most inderratef anime ever. Its a rela hidden Gem, part comedy, part action part drama. Its definitely worth checking out
Im a writer, and game designer. Follow me on twitter for tweets that have nothing to do with either of those (@ThurgoodDevon): https://twitter.com/ThurgoodDevon?s=09

laixlegoman

Anime Club

Post#8 » 24 May 2017 02:10

Revival in three, two, one...
Here are two questions for everyone. What do you think about the idea of CGI in anime?

Who is your favorite villain in anime?
(self proclaimed) master of causing unexpected circumstances.

AceOfDeath Piplupm

Anime Club

Post#9 » 24 May 2017 02:16

If the CGI blends well, i'm perfectly ok with it. I watch YuGiOh after all. CGI is rampant there. Also watched all of arpeggio of blue steel, which is literally just nothing but cgi. ...And cyborg 009 call of justice... point is, i'm fine with it.

As for favorite villian? For present anime, Professor Croix in Little Witch Acadamia is a good villian to me.
"Everyone is searching for a world where they belong. A place of light, free of falsehood. We are on a never ending journey to reach that world." -Tsukasa Kadoya

THE_BUTLER00

Anime Club

Post#10 » 24 May 2017 13:15

Would RWBY count as CGI?
"I am no one's blessing, I'll just bring you harm, I'm a cursed black cat, I'm an albatross, I'm a mirror broken, Sad to say, I'm your bad luck charm." - Bad Luck Charm - Jeff Williams (RWBY Volume 4 Soundtrack)