Europa Universalis IV: The Dankest of all Grand Strategy Games

Oranje Maan

Post#1 » 12 Aug 2016 00:45

Yeah that's pretty much it. This is the discussion of Paradox Interactive's grand strategy game where you can restore the Roman Empire, rule the Holy Roman Empire, make a colonial empire, and see how your fantasy countries would work together.

It's also where you can find everyone else whose interested in European history memes.
17th member of the site. Also known on some places as Memevb77, Orange Moon, OrenjiGatsu, and dat gai.

Icerex

Post#2 » 12 Aug 2016 20:21

Ottoman cannons cant breach Theodosian walls. 1453 was an inside job!
Aut Vincere Aut Mori

jbegaurand

Post#3 » 12 Aug 2016 21:17

EU4 is literally amazing. We really need to organize a game sometime. Recently, I am about 200 years into a play through of the Livonian Order. Muscovy is basically dead and I have a good amount of territory, but Spain annexed most of Southern Italy and has about 100k troops with a huge colonial empire. I have most of what the 13 colonies would have been and some islands in the Caribbean. But my favorite part of my play through is that I am allies with France and Poland, who has Lithuania in a personal union. My allies basically do all the work for me. gg 10/10 dankest game ever.

Oranje Maan

Post#4 » 13 Aug 2016 03:35

Icerex wrote:Ottoman cannons cant breach Theodosian walls. 1453 was an inside job!

You dare question the Ottomans? *conquers the Balkans*

jbegaurand wrote:EU4 is literally amazing. We really need to organize a game sometime. Recently, I am about 200 years into a play through of the Livonian Order. Muscovy is basically dead and I have a good amount of territory, but Spain annexed most of Southern Italy and has about 100k troops with a huge colonial empire. I have most of what the 13 colonies would have been and some islands in the Caribbean. But my favorite part of my play through is that I am allies with France and Poland, who has Lithuania in a personal union. My allies basically do all the work for me. gg 10/10 dankest game ever.

My my. An organised game. Sadly I don't think that is quite possible. I've tried doing it with another person and we couldn't play due to the amount of delay I was having. Anyways with my singleplayer campaign, I've pretty much been playing as Castille. I rivaled France and allied England and I had a personal union with England (until my very recent session where they broke away and rivaled me sadly). While I took Granada, I didn't get to vassalise Navarra in time and it became a part of France. I took some parts or Aragon, and taking a lot of Africa, though without England it will take way longer to form Spain. Also, colonising in the New World is starting and I'm getting a head start in south America. I plan to take on Florida next and start colonising America before anyone else (especially catholic countries) gets colonies there.
17th member of the site. Also known on some places as Memevb77, Orange Moon, OrenjiGatsu, and dat gai.

jbegaurand

Post#5 » 07 Oct 2016 01:07

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 195542.jpg

Here's a quick update to my Livonian Order game. I just peaced out with Crimea and now I am bordering the Ottomans. Muscovy has 3 provinces now and I recently updated my navy to most of my naval force limit. I had to betray Sweden and Norway since their land was in my way and they only considered me as a defensive ally. I am stilled allied with France and Poland, who still has that 0% liberty desire PU over Lithuania. I have colonized most of Siberia as well and recently added a big chunk of Yarkland to my humble Monastic Order. Overall, EU4 is still amazing after 286 hours or so.

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”