Civilization

Arbiter6452

Civilization

Post#1 » 10 Dec 2016 03:56

Civ III V and VI are cool. Most Civ fans play Civ III still what an achievement in 2001!

Obiwanabi

Civilization

Post#2 » 10 Dec 2016 03:58

I have Civ V and VI... Both are cool, I think I like VI better though.
I'm with stupider
I
V

jbegaurand

Civilization

Post#3 » 11 Dec 2016 15:09

It's time for my life story based around a strategy game series.

It all started with Civ 2. My dad used to play a select amount of pc games when I was 6 or so, Civ 2 including. Eventually I started playing Civ 2, I had no idea what I was doing, but I had a good time. I usually played the World War 2 scenario, which was pretty awesome, especially since it spanned most of the world, unlike the Civ 4 WW2 scenario.

Then one day, my dad got Civ 3. I can still remember playing it the first time with my dad. We got a few turns in, declared an early war, and then quit since I had to go to bed. My 8 year old self loved Civ 3. I played a really long game as America and always found it funny how Abe Lincoln's clothes evolved through the tech eras. I had a huge amount of fun playing Civ 3, the city overhead view was awesome, the art style was cool, and the game was simply well-polished.

Maybe in 4th grade or so, my grandma got me Civ 4. I had a lot of fun playing it, mainly through the scenarios though. I was not a big fan of the 20 stack of machine gunners occupying an enemy city, which led to many rage-quits, but I still came back again and again to play a game that I was already heavily invested in.

Sometime in maybe 6th or 7th grade, I got Civ 5! Thankfully, my family also got a really cheap laptop with a DVD drive that could actually play the game, or I would have been really salty. The laptop barely ran Civ 5, so for about a year or so, I barely touched it. Then I got my Walmart computer and put a ton of time into Civ 5. It was a good game, but then I discovered the DLC that made it twice as good. Civ 5 was a great game with the DLC's, and it opened up multiplayer with me and a couple friends for the first time, which led to many religious wars. It was awesome!

I should probably note Civ 1, which I had gotten off of eBay a while back. I played it once on the old computer I had played 2-4 on, but my old machine was on its last legs, so I only got to play Civ 1 once or twice. It was ok, but I could tell the game had aged not quite well.

I finally got Civ Beyond Earth during a Steam sale in maybe 2015? I never played through a full game, but it was an ok game by strategy game standards. But by Civ standards, it was very meh at best.

I pre-ordered Civ 6 like 5 months early since I was very hyped for it. It is worth every penny! The game is very well polished and I could go on for a while about it, but I just realized I have already written a lot about Civilization as a whole.

Overall, get Civilization. Do it!

redghostboy

Civilization

Post#4 » 20 Dec 2016 22:50

My rule of playing Civilization has been simple from the beginning: Stay the heck away from Gandhi. He is an evil, unforgiving man (In Civilization that is).
"One thing led to another, Jarod threw some butter, and now we're in a hot tub eating oatmeal that tastes like a sweaty armpit."
-Me

Obiwanabi

Civilization

Post#5 » 21 Dec 2016 02:44

The whole series or just number I?
I'm with stupider
I
V

roterx2

Civilization

Post#6 » 09 Jan 2017 04:00

I don't know when it started, but it's a running joke in the series that started as a bug that made Ghandi and his nation really aggressive, and they thought it was funny (hahaha irony) so they kept it.

Probored

Civilization

Post#7 » 09 Jan 2017 14:45

Civ 5 is one of the few games I have on Steam, anyone want to play a Woodhaven only Civ 5 game?

Obiwanabi

Civilization

Post#8 » 10 Jan 2017 04:02

Probored wrote:Civ 5 is one of the few games I have on Steam, anyone want to play a Woodhaven only Civ 5 game?

I might be down for it. Might be. Life is busy for me, so we'd have to see.
I'm with stupider
I
V

redghostboy

Civilization

Post#9 » 10 Jan 2017 19:03

Probored wrote:Civ 5 is one of the few games I have on Steam, anyone want to play a Woodhaven only Civ 5 game?

If we can all arrange a time that works, I'm in!
"One thing led to another, Jarod threw some butter, and now we're in a hot tub eating oatmeal that tastes like a sweaty armpit."
-Me

roterx2

Civilization

Post#10 » 11 Jan 2017 01:58

I could play, though I'd imagine time zones would be a problem for me, being the only non-american playing.

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”